2018 World Cruise Blogs

Scrapnana

15 hours ago, lovegod01 said:

When someone says a world 🌍 cruise is on there bucket list what do they mean?

Means that they would like to do one of the long cruises that goes around the world at some point during their life ... usually a world cruise starts and ends in the same port, though not always, and it navigates through both hemispheres.  (A bucket list is basically a list of things you'd like to do during your lifetime.)

On 7/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

And "bucket list", an awful term in my opinion, means things you want to do before you die (i.e., kick the bucket).

Well, that is what it means to me...things I want to do before I leave this world. Luckily I've gotten to check off quite a few in 2019, including one just a few days ago...I stood on Maho Beach on the island of St. Maarten while 5 huge jumbo jets landed right over top of me!!  Then one took off while I was in a minivan right behind it and the force of the engines nearly toppled the van over!  SO FUN!!  🤩

Got fantastic videos of them.  😊

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I follow several of you that have posted links here., but does anyone know of anyone doing a vlog? I've been searching Youtube and other video websites, but can't really find anyone doing a world cruise vlog. I like reading, but I also like to watch moving pictures.  🙂

On 1/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, Guinness1000 said:

I follow several of you that have posted links here., but does anyone know of anyone doing a vlog? I've been searching Youtube and other video websites, but can't really find anyone doing a world cruise vlog. I like reading, but I also like to watch moving pictures.  🙂

Hi Guinness ....from someone who blogs on my cruises (heading off again in a few weeks) I think I can say that from experience VLOGGING is too expensive, to upload it onto the net whilst at sea can be hell on any free or paid for allocation of the internet. The satellites in certain parts of the world can be slow in upload and it can sometimes take 5 or 10 minutes to upload a photo let alone video.  The pacific coast off South America through to Tahiti can be pretty bad for example. 

16 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Hi Guinness ....from someone who blogs on my cruises (heading off again in a few weeks) I think I can say that from experience VLOGGING is too expensive, to upload it onto the net whilst at sea can be hell on any free or paid for allocation of the internet. The satellites in certain parts of the world can be slow in upload and it can sometimes take 5 or 10 minutes to upload a photo let alone video.  The pacific coast off South America through to Tahiti can be pretty bad for example. 

Very true!  It took me close to 45 minutes last night to upload 9 pictures and they had been resized.  I tried to upload a 22-second video last week and never could get it to upload.

2 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

Very true!  It took me close to 45 minutes last night to upload 9 pictures and they had been resized.  I tried to upload a 22-second video last week and never could get it to upload.

oh thanks for the heads up scapnana off to read your blog now!