Currency of tips onboard

adstz

If you are having an in mini suite party, then you could get your cabin steward to bring several containers of ice and deposit it into your bath. Then get cabin service to bring in the booze, bingo big esky:halo:

I have done the booze bath before but not on a ship.

I have done the booze bath before but not on a ship.

Frequently.

Plus when we built this house a laundry tub was slightly damaged and they had to get another.

The damaged one sat by the pool for years for just such a purpose fill with ice and drinks. When you’re finished just pull the plug.

Very handy when having a BBQ.

Princess minis have shower over the bath, they are fine, with more room then those standard 'soap the walls and spin around' Princess shower stalls. I don't use the baths, but the boss does now and then.:cool:

I just can’t get into the tub a lot of the time.

Now I love the older style Mini Suite where the cabin (and balcony) is wider rather than deeper, and the bathroom in those older ones too.

Frequently.

Plus when we built this house a laundry tub was slightly damaged and they had to get another.

The damaged one sat by the pool for years for just such a purpose fill with ice and drinks. When you’re finished just pull the plug.

Very handy when having a BBQ.

Have done that too, except mine was plumbed in.:D

I just can’t get into the tub a lot of the time.

Now I love the older style Mini Suite where the cabin (and balcony) is wider rather than deeper, and the bathroom in those older ones too.

Re your reference to the 'older style mini suites'...which ships mate ? We only had a mini once before on Island Princess - Panama Canal in 2016. Got us hooked at the right price.:cool:

Re your reference to the 'older style mini suites'...which ships mate ? We only had a mini once before on Island Princess - Panama Canal in 2016. Got us hooked at the right price.:cool:

Not sure what the island ones are like, I’ll look at the deck plan but Sun, Sea and Pacific all have ones that are about double the width of a standard cabin so you get a double size bakcony too.

Now I shod say, I still hoping I can give it up and just do a standard balcony, we only took it because doctor said I would be needing a wheelchair or (fat man broken back fall down machine) Zimmer frame.

Yeah both are roomier than a standard balcony, I just prefer the layout of the one we have and the double width balcony.

Plus ou can ave guests back without them ever entering your bedroom section.

I don't mind that, although the room stewards keep things tidy.:D

I don't believe most of the claims about very generous tipping. People can write anything on this forum. It doesn't mean that is what they actually do. :D I have read about someone claiming to tip $100 to several crew, or "I gave him an extra $100". Yeah, right. :D

Damn and I believed them!

I actually think this about the right amount for those that make your cruise special for 10 days or more.

Do you reckon I'd get good service if I tipped with this?

b3b959857ec09f50785f5f83bae222d4.jpg

The Matire'D and Head Waiters would snatch that off the hardworking table waitstaff.:evilsmile: But would it go into the tipping pool or their own skyrockets? :evilsmile:

I do not like the shower-over-bath arrangement. We had that in a suite on a Holland America ship and I hated having to step carefully into and out of the bath to have my shower.

We scored a great deal on a suite on Carnival Legend just over a year ago. Initially I was a bit worried about the shower over the bath but on that ship it was great. I usually have problems getting in and out of some hotel shower over bath setups due to a dodgy knee but the Carnival one was very easy to get in and out of. Plus there was so much more space to shower in.

We scored a great deal on a suite on Carnival Legend just over a year ago. Initially I was a bit worried about the shower over the bath but on that ship it was great. I usually have problems getting in and out of some hotel shower over bath setups due to a dodgy knee but the Carnival one was very easy to get in and out of. Plus there was so much more space to shower in.

Agree, that is why I like the mini suites on Princess, shower over bath, more room to move.:p