Dining question

adamrosie

My husband, baby, and I are going on Oasis in a few weeks. We are traveling with a group of 10. They are insisting on eating at the late seating. Our one year old cannot stay up that late so we’re facing some tough choices. My husband and I prefer the main dining room to the buffet and we don’t care to pay for specialty restaurants.

Here’s my question: will royal allow us to keep our reservation with the group but participate in my time dining for some of the nights and eat earlier with our daughter? That would be our ideal. Thanks for any advice or tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband, baby, and I are going on Oasis in a few weeks. We are traveling with a group of 10. They are insisting on eating at the late seating. Our one year old cannot stay up that late so we’re facing some tough choices. My husband and I prefer the main dining room to the buffet and we don’t care to pay for specialty restaurants.

Here’s my question: will royal allow us to keep our reservation with the group but participate in my time dining for some of the nights and eat earlier with our daughter? That would be our ideal. Thanks for any advice or tips!

You cannot have it both ways, you either have to be in My Time or Traditional.

And they won’t make an exception on board and let us eat early a few times?

Nope. One option is to get everyone to change to MTD, and pick a fixed time that matches late traditional. Then you can go whenever you like.

Nope. One option is to get everyone to change to MTD, and pick a fixed time that matches late traditional. Then you can go whenever you like.

Yes.

This should satisfy the members of the group who want to eat late, while permitting you to eat early.

If your friends won't agree to this, they aren't worth the name "friends", IMO.

Also you can plan a few specialty dining restaurants, that might work out for some members of the group. When we travel with a group, we aren't all "joined at the hip" and if somebody wants to do something else, why shouldn't they?

Enjoy your cruise!