Carnival TV offerings

NavarreCruiser

I know that since Carnival went to using Direct TV, the ships often lose some or all of the signals from Direct TV. Sometimes just the networks go away, sometimes the other half of the channels are gone and you just see the bouncing Direct TV logo. This has led to many complaints. There have been rumors that Carnival will stop offering the broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC) on the ships. I asked this question of John Heald on Facebook and got no response. Does anyone have more information?

When I cruised on Vista over Thanksgiving... I never saw anything that would tell me Direct TV was the TV link supplier. We had perfect reception/coverage from Day ! thru end of cruise. We did S Carribean and went as far south as Aruba. We had the broadcast network feeds from Miami throughout the cruise.

When I cruised on Vista over Thanksgiving... I never saw anything that would tell me Direct TV was the TV link supplier. We had perfect reception/coverage from Day ! thru end of cruise. We did S Carribean and went as far south as Aruba. We had the broadcast network feeds from Miami throughout the cruise.

Thanks for the input. That is what is supposed to happen. Unfortunately there are often problems with the signal.

Even the cruises from Galveston TX have the Miami feeds. Totally stupid but true. I wish they would have a feed from Tx so we would know what the weather and conditions are when returning to port, etc.

Alaska was the worst... not very many channels and also in and out during the day and evening. We don't watch tv alot on a cruise, but sometimes you are in your room and just want to chill before bed or catch a game.

We had a Chicago, IL news feed one cruise. But I cruise to escape reality, so they can take the TV and WI-FI and throw it overboard! I'm just saying!

I lock my smartphone away on my Carnival cruise, and couldn't care less about Internet packages, but I do care about being able to watch football games during football season. If Carnival does drop their ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX stations in the Caribbean, I will not book any Carnival cruises during football season. And football is football; not soccer.

I just posted this on a CC thread that is similar to this one so here it is as well:

I just spoke with a Carnival Diamond desk representative and she read me a bulletin from Carnival about the new satellite TV provider that they are currently implementing on their ships. Implementation started 12/7 and will be fleet wide by the end of March. It will not offer any of the broadcast networks. Another Carnival cut back.

I just posted this on a CC thread that is similar to this one so here it is as well:

I just spoke with a Carnival Diamond desk representative and she read me a bulletin from Carnival about the new satellite TV provider that they are currently implementing on their ships. Implementation started 12/7 and will be fleet wide by the end of March. It will not offer any of the broadcast networks. Another Carnival cut back.

Thanks for sharing. I experienced this on a (Carnival brand) HAL cruise earlier this month. This cutback will definitely affect my booking decisions. I won't book a Carnival brand cruise during football season since I won't be able to watch games. And since I don't book Carnival during summer season when kids are out of school, I'll have to do some research for alternatives.

Thanks for sharing. I experienced this on a (Carnival brand) HAL cruise earlier this month. This cutback will definitely affect my booking decisions. I won't book a Carnival brand cruise during football season since I won't be able to watch games. And since I don't book Carnival during summer season when kids are out of school, I'll have to do some research for alternatives.

Wait to see how Carnival handles the change over. Royal Caribbean does not offer broadcast networks but uses ESPN international on a couple of different channels so you do usually get the NFL games and major college games. I do not know yet if Carnival will do this also. Just keep reading here on on that other site that rhymes with lace hook.to find out.

Wait to see how Carnival handles the change over. Royal Caribbean does not offer broadcast networks but uses ESPN international on a couple of different channels so you do usually get the NFL games and major college games. I do not know yet if Carnival will do this also. Just keep reading here on on that other site that rhymes with lace hook.to find out.

No need for me to wait. No ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX locals is a deal breaker for me. I don't cruise in summer months because of the kids, and if I can't see football onboard in football season on the networks, it's a no-brainer to me that I don't want to be on a ship during football season. ESPN carries very few NFL and SEC games.

No need for me to wait. No ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX locals is a deal breaker for me. I don't cruise in summer months because of the kids, and if I can't see football onboard in football season on the networks, it's a no-brainer to me that I don't want to be on a ship during football season. ESPN carries very few NFL and SEC games.

That’s where I’m at. I cruise after the super bowl and either just before or at the beginning of football season. If it’s during the season it’s a 5-day cruise leaving on Monday. And I watch MNF on board. That’s what I’ve done the past two years. Next year I’m doing a 7-day the week before football season starts.

You are absolutely right about ESPN USA. But on Royal they have international ESPN which has much more, normally, broadcast US network programming. Will Carnival match them? I have no idea.

So were you able to confirm that this is the correct list of channels that was given by someone else that she got from her PVP in response to your post on the other place? If so, it doesn't look too bad but I did like seeing the "local" Miami news and NBC. A lot of my shows I watch are on there.

What is the point in them getting rid of the Network channels? Wouldn't it be cheaper to carry those only and forget the "cable" channels?

CNN

CNN International

CNN Espanol

HLN

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

TNT

TBS

TCM

Trutv

Complimentary movie channel will run a loop of rotating

PG-13 movies

In addition, select bars onboard will broadcast ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN SEC and FOX Sports.

Channel lineup for cruises from Australia and Europe will not be the same as above.

So were you able to confirm that this is the correct list of channels that was given by someone else that she got from her PVP in response to your post on the other place? If so, it doesn't look too bad but I did like seeing the "local" Miami news and NBC. A lot of my shows I watch are on there.

What is the point in them getting rid of the Network channels? Wouldn't it be cheaper to carry those only and forget the "cable" channels?

CNN

CNN International

CNN Espanol

HLN

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

TNT

TBS

TCM

Trutv

PG-13 movies

In addition, select bars onboard will broadcast ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN SEC and FOX Sports.

Channel lineup for cruises from Australia and Europe will not be the same as above.

I have no idea of the costs involved, Some on the Diamond Carnival facebook page were told that the network feed skyrocketed in price for renewal. Truth, propaganda, profit motive? who knows. I will also miss the Miami feeds and the network programs.

Those channels were the ones available on the Carnival Sunshine last week. There were a couple of other channels for a forward looking webcam, a webcam on the Lido deck and a Map. The choice certainly does not encourage viewing!

CNN

CNN International

CNN Espanol

HLN

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

TNT

TBS

TCM

Trutv

PG-13 movies

Not all the right channels. They vary if you cruise many ships. Hope this helps.

That’s where I’m at. I cruise after the super bowl and either just before or at the beginning of football season. If it’s during the season it’s a 5-day cruise leaving on Monday. And I watch MNF on board. That’s what I’ve done the past two years. Next year I’m doing a 7-day the week before football season starts.

It sounds like there will be no Superbowl televised on Carnival's ships after this change goes into effect. The Superbowl usually alternates between CBS, FOX, and NBC from year to year. It's kind of difficult to have a Superbowl party without the game. Lol.

It sounds like there will be no Superbowl televised on Carnival's ships after this change goes into effect. The Superbowl usually alternates between CBS, FOX, and NBC from year to year. It's kind of difficult to have a Superbowl party without the game. Lol.

Do you think if we bring our own DirecTv receivers, we can get more channels? 🤣

CNN

CNN International

CNN Espanol

HLN

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

TNT

TBS

TCM

Trutv

PG-13 movies

It's all about the parent companies that own the groups of networks. In this case, all listed fall under Turner Broadcasting System so it seems Carnival brokered an exclusive deal with them.