Live from Constellation

excitedofharpenden

I booked LA roundtrip to Hawaii in October 2019 today on Eclipse. Wonder if they'll still have the kettles onboard that ship then.

Enjoy Hawaii Phil. :hearteyes:

As you are doing the round trip, LA to LA, you will avoid the PVSA ( commonly known as the Jones Act) which requires a ship which leaves one US port and arrives at a different one, to visit a distant foreign country.

We did Hawaii to San Diego on Century in 2012, but had to get off in Ensenada, Mexico and be bussed to San Diego.

The ship was in San Diego before us, but we had already disembarked, so were taken to the airport.

I was provided with a kettle on Eclipse, 2013 Southern Caribbean cruise, but I asked our room steward and Guest Relations. GR said they were all stored in Miami until the ship left for Southampton, the steward said they were in a cupboard.

Enjoy Hawaii Phil. :hearteyes:

As you are doing the round trip, LA to LA, you will avoid the PVSA ( commonly known as the Jones Act) which requires a ship which leaves one US port and arrives at a different one, to visit a distant foreign country.

We did Hawaii to San Diego on Century in 2012, but had to get off in Ensenada, Mexico and be bussed to San Diego.

The ship was in San Diego before us, but we had already disembarked, so were taken to the airport.

I was provided with a kettle on Eclipse, 2013 Southern Caribbean cruise, but I asked our room steward and Guest Relations. GR said they were all stored in Miami until the ship left for Southampton, the steward said they were in a cupboard.

Hi Jackie. Usual stop in Ensenada so we don't fall foul of the Jones Act. I'm on Solstice on April, but only one way and finishing in Vancouver.

Phil

. I booked LA roundtrip to Hawaii in October 2019 today on Eclipse.

Phil

Phil, I'm so glad to see this post. We are also on the above cruise, along with Ruth, Tom and Pat, and Rick and Anne. Karyn, Bill, Joanie and George are also cruising with us. Now that you're aboard, it's going to be like a reunion cruise of our old Owls.

Merry Christmas to you! We leave for Denver tomorrow.

Garry

Phil, I'm so glad to see this post. We are also on the above cruise, along with Ruth, Tom and Pat, and Rick and Anne. Karyn, Bill, Joanie and George are also cruising with us. Now that you're aboard, it's going to be like a reunion cruise of our old Owls.

Garry

Garry, that's great! Can't wait. Safe travels and Merry Christmas to you and Bob! x

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry

FLAT ROCK......???

you must know Jim Ward 🙉🙉

Hi Phill.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.

We are also on Constellation for a B2B commencing 29 Jan. In a lowly Ocean View on deck 3. Interested to know the changes since Ocean Liners ?

Enjoy your trip.

Roy & Jennifer

Thanks for the updates so far and hope you had a great NY!

We’re on Constellation from 7 Apr and if you have any pics of the MDR menus and dailies from your cruise that would be great!

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Constellation two weeks ago and had a Gteed A2 cabin on Deck 9 I suggest anyone considering this deck and cabin type be careful as all the Pool filtration plant sits in the Centre of the middle section. If you have a cabin at either end of the mid section it can be like being in a washing machine. We were lucky we were in the middle where its OK. The port side seems to be the worst. We noticed this when we were on the ship 3 years ago. Like all this class there is an overhang on this deck and there is plenty of noise from the loungers being moved around

It seems they have spent all the refit money on retail areas and little on the cabins. Over the last few years they have packed in extra cabins and reduced passenger space, so when we were on a sunny sea day ,in calm waters the decks were packed with no lounger space and the cafe was bombed out between 12 noon and 2 pm

Not sure why they put in Sushi on 5 - and kicked out Murano / Ocean Liners - never saw anyone in it

Tuscan Grill was on a permanent discount.

Qsine - I am not sure if they change the menu, but I see that the chocolate tombstone is still there from 7 years ago. That seemed to be on discount as well.

The food in Blu seemed to deteriorate. Fruit on the ship is melon, melon and more melon. Never had stick toffee pudding prepared cold before.

However all credit to the Staff who did a fantastic job . Our cabin steward kept the place spotless and the waiters and MD went that extra mile.

Rats! We are on Deck 9 for our upcoming cruise. I will be very unhappy if our con. class cabin has this problem. Now to go to the deck plans!

Thanks to you for the info and to OP Phil for any live updates he can give us.

Hope all of you sailing on this cruise have had a great time.

We were recently in 8124. First night woken by loud noise. Rang Guest Relations, who sent someone up. In the morning an engineer called. Discovered we were opposite the main AC duct. Carried out cleaning/replacing filters. Much improved, only noisy for few minutes, rather than most of night.

I don’t share that view, sorry to me 50 is a great number and large furniture is something lacking elsewhere onboard. I find it much much re comfortable than deck chairs or loungers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As did the people who "towelled" and hogged the seating all day in lieu of poolside loungers on the many sea days of the r/t sailing we were on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

As did the people who "towelled" and hogged the seating all day in lieu of poolside loungers on the many sea days of the r/t sailing we were on.

I have to agree with you. Serene at the start, it was discovered and became filled with chair hoggers. My friend witnessed a near fight break out there two days before the end of the cruise. Lovely! All the lounging areas were very busy on sea days.

Phil

I have to agree with you. Serene at the start, it was discovered and became filled with chair hoggers. My friend witnessed a near fight break out there two days before the end of the cruise. Lovely! All the lounging areas were very busy on sea days.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Do Celebrity not have a policy regarding this or is it just a free for all?

Do you have any of the Dailies from your cruise?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Phil,

Do Celebrity not have a policy regarding this or is it just a free for all?

Do you have any of the Dailies from your cruise?

Thanks

Paul

No policy whatsoever, and if they did have one, just like the pool loungers it wouldn't be enforced.

Phil

Agree Phil, Im now out of love with Celebrity.

We found no sunbeds on any sea days and luckily had our balcony. We also saw people sunbathing straight down on the deck on towels.

But do you pay the price we pay for a cruise for this to happen?

No monitoring by the pool butlers, some people reserving sunbeds for hours without appearing on them

Jen

Agree Phil, Im now out of love with Celebrity.

We found no sunbeds on any sea days and luckily had our balcony. We also saw people sunbathing straight down on the deck on towels.

But do you pay the price we pay for a cruise for this to happen?

No monitoring by the pool butlers, some people reserving sunbeds for hours without appearing on them

Jen

The rules regarding reserving of sun lounges are well documented and displayed on every cruiseline. Why do people think laying down a towell before breakfast entitles them to the sun lounge when they need it at 10am. There are always serial offenders on every cruise. If the pool staff don't enforce the rules then you are within your rights to ask for an unattended towell or other items to be removed.

We were on the Constellation 3 weeks ago. Walking the track at 6am. There were people putting towels and a book to save there chair a 6am. it was still dark. That is really sad. The pool bulters were just starting. That is so wrong.

On Infinity round Sth America they would leave pool towels out over 6 chairs and not arrive all day!! We repeatedly told people this but NO ONE would do anything either pool butlers or guests. Think it’s time more people stood up for themselves and took the items to the pool butlers to keep for the selfish guests who display this behaviour! No one on Celebrity enforce these rules and it’s a disgrace!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums