Can i pay part of my cruise with a carnival gift card?

Adc430

My parents are about to book a cruise so i want to secretly pay a portion of it (since i do the booking myself). I already have a cruise credit from a cancelled cruise due to a hurricane hitting us, and just wondering if i can use both the cruise credit and GC.

Also remember you can get them 10% off ($450 for $500 and $100 for $90) through AARP & Allstate Rewards. You do not have to be an AARP member nor an Allstate customer to get either of these. I am FAR from AARP age and have Erie insurance and still capitalize on these gift cards. It's nice to save 10% on your cruise spending.

Also remember you can get them 10% off ($450 for $500 and $100 for $90) through AARP & Allstate Rewards. You do not have to be an AARP member nor an Allstate customer to get either of these. I am FAR from AARP age and have Erie insurance and still capitalize on these gift cards. It's nice to save 10% on your cruise spending.

how can i get them, just visiting the website?

a couple of caveats though.

1. You can't "Insure" payments made by gift card.. Your cruise cost $1500 and you paid with "Gift Cards". You cannot insure and then file any claim under any circumstances covered or not and claim the $1500 loss.

***It's just an insurance thing**

2. If you do cancel before any penalty period, you get repaid in newly issued gift cards.

how can i get them, just visiting the website?

You don't have to be an AARP member, but I believe you have to register to the site. Rewards for Good is what you look for.

Answer some quizzes, get points. It doesn't matter if you answer right or wrong. You use the points towards the gift cards ... when they are offered. $100 or $500 will be the amounts. They can go quick.

You also get 50 for just logging in each day.

a couple of caveats though.

1. You can't "Insure" payments made by gift card.. Your cruise cost $1500 and you paid with "Gift Cards". You cannot insure and then file any claim under any circumstances covered or not and claim the $1500 loss.

***It's just an insurance thing**

Not true of all insurance... I’m not saying it’s true of all travel insurance companies but I used gift cards for my cruise and made a claim. All I had to do was prove that I paid for the gift cards myself, and they weren’t a gift from someone else. I knew this in advance and kept my receipts. I got my insurance payout no issue.

If concerned, check with the insurance provider in advance.