Studio Cabins on Escape

OceanBlueWaters

Hello,

I tried to search about this, but results were minimal/irrelevant.

Anyway, are there Studio Cabins to avoid? Grab immediately? I am not familiar with this Ship and have never booked a Studio Cabin. I have reviewed the deck plans, and yes they are all inside cabins, but would love to hear from someone who actually spent time in a Studio Cabin on this Ship.

Thanks!(y)

I had a studio on the Getaway and loved it! It was a connecting room, but I never heard any noise coming from the other room even though I know it was occupied. The studio is plenty of space, both storage and general living space, for one person when you're not spending hours upon hours in your room.

I stayed in the Escape studios. I am not positive on this but I believe after looking at the deck plans my room number was 11503. I believe it was basically the studio closest to the lounge/entry door. I am a heavy sleeper (and was highly intoxicated most of the trip) so noise never bothered me. I loved the short walk to the lounge for snacks and water. Oh man thinking of this trip is bringing back fond silly memories. Like leaving the lounge for "just a second" and waking up hours later -_-

I am all for convenience so I loved the location.

I am amazed at how many of the studios are connecting when the are solo cabins. Theoretically it is for folks that don't know anyone else. I find it interesting.

another interesting factor when i was pricing some cruises, non-connecting studio cabins cost more then connecting cabins..makes no sense

another interesting factor when i was pricing some cruises, non-connecting studio cabins cost more then connecting cabins..makes no sense

In the exact same category? If so, it must be because more people would prefer not to have the door....so pricing model is dynamic, and inventory pricing constantly changes based on supply and demand...

I am amazed at how many of the studios are connecting when the are solo cabins. Theoretically it is for folks that don't know anyone else. I find it interesting.

I agree! I also find it puzzling why there are so many connecting cabins. If anyone has that answer, I would love to hear and the thought process why Cruise Line did that. I am assuming they are "smarter than us" and had a perfectly good reason to model Cabins like that. My inquisitive mind would just like to know the logic behind it. LOL! :)

I agree! I also find it puzzling why there are so many connecting cabins. If anyone has that answer, I would love to hear and the thought process why Cruise Line did that. I am assuming they are "smarter than us" and had a perfectly good reason to model Cabins like that. My inquisitive mind would just like to know the logic behind it. LOL! :)

There are a lot of single cruisers who travel with other single cruisers and they book connecting rooms, open the door and hang out. I've also known couples who got a deal on two studios and like it because they have the extra room and bathroom.

There are a lot of single cruisers who travel with other single cruisers and they book connecting rooms, open the door and hang out. I've also known couples who got a deal on two studios and like it because they have the extra room and bathroom.

Hmm. Interesting. I never would have thought! Thanks for feedback (y)

I haven't sailed on the Escape, but having a location close to the lounge is the best on any solo sailing.

I am in the process of booking Solo Cabin on Escape out of NY to Bermuda in September. I have definitely learned (thanks to you guys). I am aiming for non-connecting cabin and CLOSEST to Lounge. I need coffee/Espresso at my disposal 24/7 and only a hop away when I have only one eye open! LOL!

Thanks everyone!

Hello,

I tried to search about this, but results were minimal/irrelevant.

Anyway, are there Studio Cabins to avoid? Grab immediately? I am not familiar with this Ship and have never booked a Studio Cabin. I have reviewed the deck plans, and yes they are all inside cabins, but would love to hear from someone who actually spent time in a Studio Cabin on this Ship.

Thanks!(y)

IMO you avoid the ones that are near the outside doors, or near the entrance to the lounge. You also avoid ones that connect to another studio. Other than that IMO the better ones are closer to mid ship. This info is pretty much accurate for any ship with studios.

IMO you avoid the ones that are near the outside doors, or near the entrance to the lounge. You also avoid ones that connect to another studio. Other than that IMO the better ones are closer to mid ship. This info is pretty much accurate for any ship with studios.

Mine was close to the outside door and lounge and it didn't bother me. Plus my man friends would never mind bringing me over water since it was such a short walk ;)

Mine was close to the outside door and lounge and it didn't bother me. Plus my man friends would never mind bringing me over water since it was such a short walk ;)
My goodness, you allowed strange men come to your room while you were staying there as a lady alone? What a modern lady! Edited by marktwothousand

I try and choose close to lounge (I liked to bring back drinks etc so found this easier to manage), but if you prefer less noise of people brushing past then choose the furthest away - the area is too large so even the ones furthest away are not too far to walk. I don't mind connecting, most noise I've had in the past is the flushing toilet, but I also heard toilets and showers of staterooms not connected. I think most studios are similar in nature to be fair.