Last resort for website problem.

bonapart5

We have spent weeks trying to book excursions on the Celebrity website which as we all know is now fairly useless. We have never in many cruises had a problem. We tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. We tried emptying caches. We tried everything suggested on cruise critic and a lot more. I rang Celebrity which was useless for advice. In fact, we have rung Celebrity several times regarding this booking for various things which we have never had to do before. As I was ringing Celebrity, dialing 1 for this and 2 for that and finally got to the part where they tell you via recorded message that you can book your tours online, I decided to try one more time. Instead of signing in using our email and password which had worked for everything else, I used our reservation ID. Finally success! We have finally booked our shore excursions! Do not give up! But remember, one wrong keystroke and they will lock you out for 20 minutes.:D

, I used our reservation ID. Finally success! We have finally booked our shore excursions!
Worked for me last week, when I accessed the site via a link on an email I was sent regarding a ‘sale’ on excursions, Speciality restaurants, Beverage packages and Internet packages.

However, a few weeks ago I accessed the site by clicking on:

Manage my booking

Online Check in

which also takes you directly to the page where you put in Reservation ID, Surname, Ship and Sailing date.

I booked excursions and my Select dining reservations without any problems.

Edited by upwarduk

I've been seeing nothing but the "Well, this is unfortunate" page for months now. No matter the browser, no matter how I get to my reservation. I did see the elusive cruise planner once from clicking on the email link last week, but as soon as I clicked on anything, the website decided to take a vacation. Can I even begin to explain how annoyed I am with that particular message!

Very glad there's nothing I have to book in advance.

These posts sound all too familiar. My reservation has been locked since December 3rd. I have called 4 times, and been promised that "the IT Department" would be consulted. No help. I have emailed Celebrity twice, and have gotten no response whatsoever. I have no idea how I'm supposed to check in. The 20% off shore excursions promotions have come and gone. All Celebrity employees can suggest is that I wait 20 more minutes. You know what? The Holland America and Princess websites work fine.

Come to think of it the last few things I've done for our upcoming cruise I have done through selecting the reservation ID even though there were other paths to the same function. Understandable to a point but not very intuitive. Seems like the web page designers and the DBAs don't speak the same language.

These posts sound all too familiar. My reservation has been locked since December 3rd. I have called 4 times, and been promised that "the IT Department" would be consulted. No help. I have emailed Celebrity twice, and have gotten no response whatsoever. I have no idea how I'm supposed to check in. The 20% off shore excursions promotions have come and gone. All Celebrity employees can suggest is that I wait 20 more minutes. You know what? The Holland America and Princess websites work fine.

Try to access The Cruise Planner via the MENU upper left corner then Cruise Planner, Here Login with your BOOKING DATA (Click in Find your Reservation). Hope this help, worked for me.

I am pleased to report that after only 26 days, 5 telephone calls, hours on hold, 2 emails and 3 calls for help to my travel agent, Celebrity has been able to unlock my reservation. It seems that when Air by Celebrity booked my flights, somebody mistakenly listed the return flight as 12 a.m., rather than 12 p.m. 12 a.m. is 7 hours before the ship arrives in Miami, but the Celebrity computer experts were stumped. I'm glad they don't fly the plane.

Even the people on the phone can't answer a simple do we dock or tender at a specific port. Came her and got the answer in 30 seconds. Feb cruise will be our last one if its not fixed (only two cruises from Elite) Oh well!!

We have spent weeks trying to book excursions on the Celebrity website which as we all know is now fairly useless. We have never in many cruises had a problem. We tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. We tried emptying caches. We tried everything suggested on cruise critic and a lot more. I rang Celebrity which was useless for advice. In fact, we have rung Celebrity several times regarding this booking for various things which we have never had to do before. As I was ringing Celebrity, dialing 1 for this and 2 for that and finally got to the part where they tell you via recorded message that you can book your tours online, I decided to try one more time. Instead of signing in using our email and password which had worked for everything else, I used our reservation ID. Finally success! We have finally booked our shore excursions! Do not give up! But remember, one wrong keystroke and they will lock you out for 20 minutes.:D

Did the same Bonapart5, Tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. emptying caches. Two different computers none worked. Quite pleasantly surprised to find your trick (logging in with reservation ID vice Celebrity ID) worked fine. THANK YOU SO MUCH:D

I just booked excursions on 2 separate cruises with no problems through my booking numbers and have been able to log in and do so on my phone, tablet, laptop and computer. I really don't understand those complaints of the website. The only complaint I have is having to call for crown and anchor discount on internet package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I am pleased to report that after only 26 days, 5 telephone calls, hours on hold, 2 emails and 3 calls for help to my travel agent, Celebrity has been able to unlock my reservation. It seems that when Air by Celebrity booked my flights, somebody mistakenly listed the return flight as 12 a.m., rather than 12 p.m. 12 a.m. is 7 hours before the ship arrives in Miami, but the Celebrity computer experts were stumped. I'm glad they don't fly the plane.

Have you been able to book anything on the website ? Having your reservation unlocked might not matter ;)

I gave up and booked private excursions and will look at dining packages on board.

Have you been able to book anything on the website ? Having your reservation unlocked might not matter ;)

I gave up and booked private excursions and will look at dining packages on board.

we booked our tours 2 weeks ago on the the Celebrity website and used our onboard credits to boot. Glad to have it all done!

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

It seems that those with the most problems with the website have booked with TAs. The IT department has difficulty with how to deal with those reservations, since TA passengers have to make cruise payments and changes through their TAs, but have always been able to book shore excursions, dining, beverage packages, etc. on their own through the X site themselves. I can't quite figure out why the old site, which had multiple problems we all moaned about, was able to handle it and the new site can't. I'd scratch my head, but my scalp can't take any more.;p

I booked with a TA and have had no issues booking excursions or accessing the website

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also have had no trouble with the new website on my iPad. I do log out when logging into my reservations. The only time I got the 20 minute message was when I forgot to log out.

I also have had no trouble with the new website on my iPad. I do log out when logging into my reservations. The only time I got the 20 minute message was when I forgot to log out.

I’ve also have had no trouble booking excursions, using the cruise ID method.

However it’s too early to check in, so I will wait until March before I comment further, as I booked with a TA.

I have never had a problem. You have to be in your reservation (put in ID) and can check in, book excursions, book reservations, etc.

I use a MAC and its easily to go to reservations on an iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums