Can suite guests invite non-suite guests for Coastal Kitchen and other perks?

monalisa9

I’m planning a family cruise vacation on Harmony of the Seas with a total of three cabins (a 2-bedroom Sky Suite cabin and two non-suite cabins). The Sky Suite guests (but not the non-suite guests) will have all-day access to Coastal Kitchen, priority/reserved seating for certain entertainment venues, and other perks. Can the Sky Suite guests “invite” the non-suite guests who are family members to join them for meals at Coastal Kitchen and/or include them by invitation for priority/reserved seating? Or do the Sky Suite guests have to choose between doing things without family members or not taking advantage of these perks? Also, if the Sky Suite guests want to have a meal in their cabin with the non-suite guests who are family members, can they order for everyone from Coastal Kitchen?

Only the guests in the suite have access to reserved seating, Suite Lounge, and Coastal Kitchen for breakfast and lunch. You may be able to invite guests to CK for dinner, but that is up to the management in charge at the time.

in a nutshell, no. only those whose sea pass indicates they are in a suite may use any suite perks. access to CK for dinner only is Space A and will be charged the $50 per person fee( might only be $35)

I have never heard of this charge. On which ship did you experience this?

I’m planning a family cruise vacation on Harmony of the Seas with a total of three cabins (a 2-bedroom Sky Suite cabin and two non-suite cabins). The Sky Suite guests (but not the non-suite guests) will have all-day access to Coastal Kitchen, priority/reserved seating for certain entertainment venues, and other perks. Can the Sky Suite guests “invite” the non-suite guests who are family members to join them for meals at Coastal Kitchen and/or include them by invitation for priority/reserved seating? Or do the Sky Suite guests have to choose between doing things without family members or not taking advantage of these perks? Also, if the Sky Suite guests want to have a meal in their cabin with the non-suite guests who are family members, can they order for everyone from Coastal Kitchen?

Often you may invite a guest for dinner. In our experience, there was no charge. I imagine you are expecting to bring at least 4 additional guests ( two non suite cabins) . Guests are permitted on a space available basis only.

Because the perk is intended for those who pay for a certain accommodation, or have reached a certain Crown and Anchor status, then yes - you may have to decide at times to spend time with family rather than use perk. Also, those in the non suite cabin may also be denied your perk of reserved seating at the pool, theater etc.

M

I have never heard of this charge. On which ship did you experience this?

I haven’t heard of it either.

OP you will have to ask if you can have not suite guests join you. I have heard it depends on the cruise and how many are using the CK.

I have brought guests for dinner to CK complimentary. Everything else is a strict no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have brought non suite guests into ck for dinner. Although I have asked the ck manager and he was happy to oblige the time I asked this past oct.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We just got off the Oasis yesterday. DH & I had a Junior Suite (which gives us access to CK for Dinner only) and our young adult children had a balcony. At first we were told that they could not accompany us but we asked again (in person and very nicely) and were told that they would be allowed since they were family. We could not make a reservation in advance but were told to show up every night to see if there was space. There seemed to be many open tables whenever we showed up and we ended up eating there 6 nights.

We just got off the Oasis yesterday. DH & I had a Junior Suite (which gives us access to CK for Dinner only) and our young adult children had a balcony. At first we were told that they could not accompany us but we asked again (in person and very nicely) and were told that they would be allowed since they were family. We could not make a reservation in advance but were told to show up every night to see if there was space. There seemed to be many open tables whenever we showed up and we ended up eating there 6 nights.

Surprised that they allowed you to bring guests for 6 nights. Not sure how many extra adults you brought, but you were lucky. The seating is space available not because you brought a few extra, but because it is space available for a JS.

Glad it worked out. I can see real issues if a couple book a full suite ( or are Pinnacle) and want to bring lots of family members. Some cruises, they can't seem to accommodate all those who are eligible for the perk, let alone extras.

M

FYI in response to some questions. We're paying for two non-suite balcony cabins -- one for DH and me, and another one for our adult daughter (just her). We're also paying for a 2-bedroom Grand Suite (it may be called a Royal Family Suite) for our adult son, his wife, and their two small children aged 1 and 4. They definitely need the extra room (sleeping in one room with an infant and a toddler can be challenging), and neither DH and I, nor our adult daughter, need that much room. The 2-bedroom is of course Sky Class, and we're all definitely family members. Re my question about ordering meals from CK to be delivered to the Sky Class cabin and to do so for everyone in the family, one reply said that there's no reason we couldn't do that, but none of the responses says "yes I've done that and there's no problem." Has anyone had experience with doing that on Harmony of the Seas?

Yes, you are permitted to have as many guests as you want to, dine with you in your suite. Your son will have to be the one to initiate the room service since he is the one entitled to it but he can have as many guests (suite or non-suite) as he wishes. The challenge will be, as always, actually accommodating everyone in the suite. Even though those suites are very spacious they often do not have the table capacity for that many people. I'm guessing that your son must have one of the Royal Family Balcony Suites. I have never been in one of these suites so I do not know what the dining configuration is. Hopefully it will be sufficient to allow everyone to dine together, comfortably.

Honestly, whether or not the entire family will be accommodated in the CK at any particular time will be entirely up to the CK staff. As others have said, technically only those entitled to the amenity are invited to dine there but I have known of situations when suite guests are permitted a limited number of guests on a case-by-case basis. Having a very large group would not seem to be in your favor but I have seen it happen before. I would suggest that you will enhance your chances if you try and arrange this on an evening when everyone can eat at the earliest possible time. The restaurant, like most of the others onboard, are less utilized early in the evening and much more crowded, and therefore, have less availability, during the busy dining times (6:30 - 7:30 PM). I have been in that restaurant early (we are early diners) and been virtually the only people on the entire restaurant side. As others have suggested, I recommend that you speak directly with the CK supervisor well in advance and avoid any embarrassing situations where your group would be turned away.

Personally, I have never heard of anyone being charged in the CK (suite guest or not) but that's just my experience.

I understand all the questions about guests and family members, as cruising is a great option for a family vacation. But, I imagine if many want to bring guests, family members or not, that at some point that there could be NO GUESTS permitted. That way - the staff does not have to decide who can dine there and who cannot, or what the maximum guest number per suite might be. Often, cruises are "family cruises" and what is to stop one family member from booking a suite and having numerous family members or friends in non suite accommodations want to join them for dinner. The same would hold true for theater/pool etc. seating. And, what level of "family member" can be accommodated? Children, parents, siblings, cousins etc.

Seems folks may have figured out how to have "everyone " dine in CK . Perhaps a fee for guests would solve the problem.

M

Maybe I'm a cheap and selfish mom, but DS and children would be in either a two bedroom family cabin or two connecting cabins before I would spring for a suite with benefits that I couldn't use. Not a big fan of room service for dinner. Everything gets delivered at once (unless you order in courses) and you have to juggle things around. I'd rather relax and be served.