Carnival boarding process - beverages

coldweather

Hello:

I have read the Carnival liquor and beverage policy. I understand I can bring up to 12 cans or cartons of sealed non-alcoholic beverage on board at embarkation.

Will carnival make me finish or "dump" any water or non-alcoholic beverage I may have in my personal water bottle?

Also, is this different when returning to the ship from ports? If I am returning from a beach stop and have an open bottle or water (or soda) will they require me to finish or dump before boarding?

I am a recent NCL cruiser and they have a "no beverage" policy. They will ask you to finish or dump any liquids each time your board the ship. This is true even if the beverage you are carrying was bought on the NCL ship.

Thanks to the experienced Carnival cruisers for clarification.

Hello:

I have read the Carnival liquor and beverage policy. I understand I can bring up to 12 cans or cartons of sealed non-alcoholic beverage on board at embarkation.

Will carnival make me finish or "dump" any water or non-alcoholic beverage I may have in my personal water bottle?

Also, is this different when returning to the ship from ports? If I am returning from a beach stop and have an open bottle or water (or soda) will they require me to finish or dump before boarding?

I am a recent NCL cruiser and they have a "no beverage" policy. They will ask you to finish or dump any liquids each time your board the ship. This is true even if the beverage you are carrying was bought on the NCL ship.

Thanks to the experienced Carnival cruisers for clarification.

In my experience and by the rules, yes, you must dump any open container before boarding. If it's open it's not sealed, is it?

The answer is obviously, 'it depends'.

On our last cruise we were able to bring an open bottle of water back onto the ship with us from Freeport, but were asked to throw the almost empty bottle out the next day in Nassau- same ship, same ship rules (but obviously different ship crew personnel on security that day!). I asked why, when they let me bring an almost full bottle of water on the day before, but all I got was a shrug. It wasn't worth fighting about as the bottle was almost empty, but it just proves that you never know what a crewmember will or will not allow.

The answer is obviously, 'it depends'.

On our last cruise we were able to bring an open bottle of water back onto the ship with us from Freeport, but were asked to throw the almost empty bottle out the next day in Nassau- same ship, same ship rules (but obviously different ship crew personnel on security that day!). I asked why, when they let me bring an almost full bottle of water on the day before, but all I got was a shrug. It wasn't worth fighting about as the bottle was almost empty, but it just proves that you never know what a crewmember will or will not allow.

My experience as well. In fact on recent cruise

Out of Miami during embarkation my wife had her water bottle 3/4 full and forgot to

Dump/finish. The first person at the X-ray machine asked a supervision if she had to dump and the supervisor waived it though without a thought. Ship security at one gangway made people dump out their bottles and the other line didn’t. Plan to dump/finish and if you don’t have to consider it a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I brought about 20 bottles of water on a carnival cruise back in March. Not a work was said. On my cruise last week my kids brought a few bottles of gatorade and nothing was said...

I buy the $4.50 12 packs of water in advance because I take them on the excursions and to drink in the cabin.