Dress Code for Blu

cruiseri

Well, this is the „new“ rule. A picture of the sign was just posted by someone on the ship right now in a FB group. Unfortunately I can not upload it here.

However, he also mentioned that men in short sleeves are not turned back.

Well, this is the „new“ rule. A picture of the sign was just posted by someone on the ship right now in a FB group. Unfortunately I can not upload it here.

However, he also mentioned that men in short sleeves are not turned back.

Just to point out that even if this were a new rule which I doubt it is, it does not apply in Blu which the OP is talking about. Blu is smart casual every night, evening chic does not apply in Blu or Specialties only the MDR.

The OP in the other thread said they thought this long sleeve thing was for evening chic nights so therefore irrelevant in Blu.

Edited by dkjretired

Here is what’s driving us nuts. This is from Eclipse, November 26 2017 sailing. Long-sleeved shirt specified for both evening Chic and Smart Casual. cf0581bbd40911568665cfb4049f46ea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also, if you read that it says evening attire. So if you eat in the buffet in shorts do you have to go back to your room to dress in pants and a long sleeve shirt like years ago. I think not, I was on Equinox and this was not enforced, I would just ignore it.

Much ado about nothing

Just to point out that even if this were a new rule which I doubt it is, it does not apply in Blu which the OP is talking about. Blu is smart casual every night, evening chic does not apply in Blu or Specialties only the MDR.

The OP in the other thread said they thought this long sleeve thing was for evening chic nights so therefore irrelevant in Blu.

Wish I could upload the photo...

It now says long sleeve under both categories- evening chic AND smart casual. And it is a BLU sign.

BUT, as I said, people in short sleeves were not turned back. Short pants, yes.

Wish I could upload the photo...

It now says long sleeve under both categories- evening chic AND smart casual. And it is a BLU sign.

BUT, as I said, people in short sleeves were not turned back. Short pants, yes.

I saw it after I made my comment about Blu. I’m not going to abide by it, I would be right to the hotel director if anyone gave me a problem. Not losing sleep over it.

The dress code posted on the Celebrity site says for smart casual, men must wear shirts with sleeves. Long is nowhere in the description of either smart casual or more formal nights. That sign and page have been posted on several threads. Someone on that ship should have corrected the sign and page to conform to the official Celebrity rules on their own site! Are they also offering free pressing? They have freaked out a bunch of people. I'm on vacation in the caribbean. Why would I bring 7 long-sleeved dress shirts? Maybe someone ordered too many long-sleeved shirts in one of the shops and needed to move them :D

The dress code posted on the Celebrity site says for smart casual, men must wear shirts with sleeves. Long is nowhere in the description of either smart casual or more formal nights. That sign and page have been posted on several threads. Someone on that ship should have corrected the sign and page to conform to the official Celebrity rules on their own site! Are they also offering free pressing? They have freaked out a bunch of people. I'm on vacation in the caribbean. Why would I bring 7 long-sleeved dress shirts? Maybe someone ordered too many long-sleeved shirts in one of the shops and needed to move them :D

100% correct

Agree. We pack IAW what is published on Celebrity's website. Not what someone posted on CC. If it's different once we are on the ship, TS; too late; does not apply!

In Blu, there was a cruiser who came in nightly wearing a Yankee baseball cap and Yankee sleeveless t-shirt and had no problems. Tasteless in a couple of ways.... Most men will wear collared golfing style short sleeves on most nights and maybe throw on a jacket over it on the Evening Chic nights. I do get dressed up with jacket, shirt and tie on those nights.

Why would one wear long sleeves in a tropical climate--especially on vacation????

If anyone is truly concerned, take a snapshot for your phone of celebrity’s website description of the dress code.

Short sleeves will not be a problem.

Just returned from Blu. Most were wearing short sleeved shirts, exactly what you'd expect on a Caribbean cruise. Everyone looked pretty smart, I don't recall seeing a single individual who looked out of place. Quite a few were making an effort, let alone on chic night.

In the real world, almost no one dining in Blu cares about shirt sleeves. The maitre'd has the intelligence and common sense to not offend pax wearing short sleeved shirts, so it's all good.

This would never, ever happen in the real world, but if refused entry, you would just insist on speaking with the hotel director. I don't believe for one second that you would not be eating in blu whilst wearing a short sleeved shirt shortly afterwards.

The whole thread and two million other dress code related threads demonstrate just how pathetic communication can be at Celebrity. Create an easy to understand dress policy (If they're struggling, they could contact a high school in Miami for help, snark fully intended), inform all ship staff what it is, list it on the web and ensure it matches the dailies and signs outside the dining rooms and more importantly, enforce it. Job done, why is it so difficult achieve?