ladies' clothing stores

kimi377

Getting ready for our first cruise and would love to hear your recommendations on favorite places to buy cute and/or functional casual and dressy clothes for your cruise. Sundresses, etc....I have plenty of shorts/shirts. I'm on a budget, so the cheaper, the better! I'm not a tiny person, but I'm not huge either. I'm a middle-aged mom with a muffin top, so maybe I'll stay away from places like Forever 21 :)

Lots of places, but much depends on your age. Most large department stores now carry resort style clothing even in winter as do the big online sites like Amazon. You should also look at Bealls (online, based in Florida) and Chico stores or online for that 'casual elegant' look that works so well for what passes for formal these days. For good quality and basic 'mix & match' travel clothing (no wrinkles, easy wash), check Travelsmith, but their items can be a little expensive.

You really won't need many dressy items...cruises have become MUCH more casual. Capris (on warm weather cruises) is what the majority of women wear in the evening, with a cute top.

Any dept. stores will have what you're looking for...as might Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Ross, Steinmart......if you're looking for discounted items!

I wanted to mention that Cruise Critic has a Cruise Fashions and Beauty Board so while you will get answers here I would also recommend posting this question on that board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=182

Keith

As Keith mentioned ... you would really enjoy the Fashions & Board here on Cruise Critic. (y)

I never see this mentioned, but I have found great deals at Black and White. Steinmart generally has a collection of dressier pants and skirts that you can pair with a variety of tops. Now is a good time to pick up cocktail attire as all the department stores, like Macy's, Nordstrom's, etc., are clearing out their holiday clothes.

Getting ready for our first cruise and would love to hear your recommendations on favorite places to buy cute and/or functional casual and dressy clothes for your cruise. Sundresses, etc....I have plenty of shorts/shirts. I'm on a budget, so the cheaper, the better! I'm not a tiny person, but I'm not huge either. I'm a middle-aged mom with a muffin top, so maybe I'll stay away from places like Forever 21 :)

If you want formal/party dresses New year sales are the place to go as they are selling off the party stock from Christmas/NY. I have picked up bargains galore at this time of year.