Where to purchase a cruise with Carnival out of Canaveral?

timdeb7581

Since you've been a member for 9-1/2 years, you know we can't recommend travel agents or agencies. Best to sign up for email specials from the cruise lines that sail from there, or choose a few cruises that interest you and monitor prices on the cruise line websites and large online agencies. EM

Hi

Have you tried a travel agent in the past? If you prefer booking yourself, there are many agencies online where you can do your research, and then you pick the company that offers the best price. Don't forget to check with Carnival as well, you can ask for a PVP to help you out.

hope this helps

I'm looking to go on a cruise sometime in January or February and would like to get the best price possible. I want to go out of Canaveral on Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival's pricing strategy has changed since the economy rebounded from the Great Recession. If you have any special rate qualification such as military, senior, or state resident, those will likely be your best hope for reduced rates that close in. Carnival's last minute rates are basically non-existent except for those groups. Otherwise, the lowest rates are available to those who book far in advance. It is no secret cruise prices have risen considerably the past few years.

Good luck. If you find a rate you are comfortable with, jump on it. That's the best advice.

I'm looking to go on a cruise sometime in January or February and would like to get the best price possible. I want to go out of Canaveral on Carnival.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-deals/last-minute-cruises.aspx#?currentMonth=012018&layout=calendar&numAdults=2&rateCode=pug&useSuggestions=true

There are Pack & Go specials for the Carnival Liberty, including the January 7 sailing. Keep in mind that Pack & Go fares are non-refundable, although any other fare would incur substantial if not 100% penalties anyway this close to sailing.

Ditto

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too love the research and planning of a cruise. However, I have booked a couple of non Carnival cruises through an on line TA because of the perks they were throwing my way. I have found booking directly through Carnival to be the most cost effective.

(...snip) I love doing the research and planning myself.(snip)...

Same here. It's part of the reason I decided to become a travel agent earlier this year. I get to obsessively plan my trips and other people's too :D. Like another poster said, doing all the research and planning and then booking with a TA is also perfectly acceptable. That's what I did when we used our Carnival PVP. All she had to do was book. I had already figured it all out by the time I called her.