Oasis - How to communicate with your teenagers?

Tammytam

How do you communicate with your teenagers or other family members on this boat? We're used to being able to text using the texting app the cruise line we usually use has. Please give suggestions other than leaving notes. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Ship.

I think that the Oasis has a new app that allows texting.

Talk to them when you're together...find out their plans...tell them YOUR plans...and have them find you periodically, so you can physically check on them. Talking works just fine!

Getting a text from them doesn't tell you diddly squat.....you want to SEE them in person!

How do you communicate with your teenagers or other family members on this boat? We're used to being able to text using the texting app the cruise line we usually use has. Please give suggestions other than leaving notes. Thanks.

If you don't text very much, you can use Cellular at Sea and pay $0.50 per text sent. If you won't be able to limit texting, then you need to buy the WiFi package for each phone that needs simultaneous access.

Then there's not much to recommend it, is there?

What DOES it do?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-caribbean-international/id1260728016?mt=8

Version 1.3 lets our guests:

-Learn about the hundreds of activities, movies, and shows available onboard, and use category filters to sort them to their preferences

-Explore off-ship adventures during our port stops

-Peruse complete restaurant, bar, and lounge options onboard

-Plan a day of indulgence with our array of spa offerings

-Use deck plan illustrations to navigate the ship

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-caribbean-international/id1260728016?mt=8

Version 1.3 lets our guests:

-Learn about the hundreds of activities, movies, and shows available onboard, and use category filters to sort them to their preferences

-Explore off-ship adventures during our port stops

-Peruse complete restaurant, bar, and lounge options onboard

-Plan a day of indulgence with our array of spa offerings

-Use deck plan illustrations to navigate the ship

Wow, I’d hate to see how little version 1.0 offered.:eek:

I was curious about this also. Our rooms are not next to each other like they have always been on other cruise lines since RCL doesn’t have rooms for 4 & 3 next to each other. My parents and oldest son is across and down the hall so not as easy to keep in touch with. Usually our rooms or balconies are attached. I wish the was a texting app. Such a huge ship.

We just went on Oasis with friends earlier in December. We solved this problem by getting a WiFi package (which I needed for my business emails anyway) and using the Zello app. We could walkie talkie each other through our phones over the WiFi. It worked amazingly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was curious about this also. Our rooms are not next to each other like they have always been on other cruise lines since RCL doesn’t have rooms for 4 & 3 next to each other. My parents and oldest son is across and down the hall so not as easy to keep in touch with. Usually our rooms or balconies are attached. I wish the was a texting app. Such a huge ship.

Call their room & leave message if they don't answer.

We just went on Oasis with friends earlier in December. We solved this problem by getting a WiFi package (which I needed for my business emails anyway) and using the Zello app. We could walkie talkie each other through our phones over the WiFi. It worked amazingly!

All phones needed a WIFi package for Zello to function, right?

All phones needed a WIFi package for Zello to function, right?

Correct. We and our friends each had one device WiFi packages. We just all downloaded the app to our phones so which ever of us had the WiFi on at the moment could get messages. On that app you create a profile and contacts and can see who is online. You can leave voice messages as well if the others aren’t online yet.

Correct. We and our friends each had one device WiFi packages. We just all downloaded the app to our phones so which ever of us had the WiFi on at the moment could get messages. On that app you create a profile and contacts and can see who is online. You can leave voice messages as well if the others aren’t online yet.

Ineresting. So why do you like Zello better than iMessage or WhatsApp?

Ineresting. So why do you like Zello better than iMessage or WhatsApp?

Being able to actually voice talk back and forth in real time rather than typing out messages was nice. But any of them would work, I’m sure.