The Lawn Club Grill and The Porch

Sox Fan Cruiser

They are not open on port days (for lunch). On our recent 2 cruises the Porch was always open for lunch on Sea Days (it is not cheap) and the Lawn was open on most sea days (where you could get a very expensive hamburger). They had so much trouble selling folks on the Lawn (for lunch) that even the Captain made an announcement about special discounts (for lunch). In addition, the Tuscan and Murano were open on a limited number of sea days for special lunch deals (and menus).

We do tend to spend a few port days aboard the ship (we love being on deck when its empty). For lunch you have the usual expansive Lido Buffet and the burger grill.

Hank

The Lawn Club Grill and The Porch are only on 2 ships at this time. Our last cruise we had lunch 2 times at The Porch on sea days. We ate at Lawn Club Grill one evening. The Porch is great. The LCG is fine. All I will say is dont order the ribeye. Was not that great.

On a 7 day cruise, Tuscan Grille and Murano were open once for lunch. Never on a port day. Lawn Club Grill is primarily a BBQ restaurant. Used to have a great lunch but that has changed. Now you can get a $15 burger there when open for lunch.

Don't worry. The places open for lunch will advertise and have not been sold out in my experience. Be advised that the lunch menus are limited in terms of choices now.

The burger at LCG is not your typical burger and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Expansive salad bar and dessert are included in the $15 pp fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am generally a fan of Celebrity alternative restaurants but have not bought in to the Lawn Lunch. Yes you get access to a salad bar and dessert, but you can get that in the Lido (with more choices) without paying $15. So essentially you are paying $15 for a burger and decent table service. You are right that the burger is somewhat better then what you get at the burger place, but not $15 better. If they had lunch service for $5 (what we pay on HAL for Pinnacle Grill lunches with an even better burger) then we would be fans. On our recent Reflection cruise we noticed that the Lawn was not doing a particularly good business at lunch time....even with a general 20% discount being promoted by the Captain.

Hank

LCG lunch, and Tuscan and Murano lunches are a great option for those of us who, for one reason or another, choose not to go to the Oceanview Cafe. DH will make a run to the buffet for late night ice cream but that’s it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So essentially you are paying $15 for a burger and decent table service. You are right that the burger is somewhat better then what you get at the burger place, but not $15 better. I On our recent Reflection cruise we noticed that the Lawn was not doing a particularly good business at lunch time....even with a general 20% discount being promoted by the Captain.

Hank

$15 for a frozen beef burger? I remember having lunch at the Lawn Club Grill and it was the same menu as the dinner menu. Then it went to a reduced menu for the same $25. Now you get a burger for $15. I am not surprised attendance is down and the captain has to advertise.

Thanks for all the info, folks. Much appreciated.

This will be our 3rd time on the Silhouette. We've tried every dining venue except the Tuscan Grill, which is on the list for this trip. We're Aqua and love Blu for dinner, but also enjoyed dining at The Porch and Lawn Club Grill in the past. So, I thought lunch at The Porch and LCG might be a nice compromise so we wouldn't miss dinner at Blu too many evenings.

Sushi on 5 is open for lunch on port days

Thank you for that information. We had lunch at Sushi on 5 in September, but didn't realize it was open on port days. Adding that to the list! (y)