Cancellation due to pregnancy advice needed!

UKexplorer

Hi, We booked a cruise in Oct leaving the UK at the end of May. We’ve only paid the non-refundable deposit. I found out I’m 4weeks pregnant yesterday which will make me 26wks at the time of the cruise. Royal Caribbean won’t accept travellers over 24wks. I have travel insurance but only took it out just before Xmas.

Is this something that would be covered by insurance or should I just accept the deposit is lost?

Any advice from people who have had similar experiences would be great!

The only advice I can give you is to read your insurance policy carefully. If you got your insurance after you found out you were pregnant, it would be considered an existing condition and won't be covered.

If you didn't know when you got the insurance you might be able to get some of the money back. Read the insurance policy and give them a call.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Thanks all. I spoke to Royal Caribbean to cancel and the guy was very understanding. He put me on hold and gave me an email address to send a letter from my GP confirming pregnancy. He said that they can hopefully return the deposit due to the circumstances.

Even if they can’t, they’ve gone above and beyond by trying.

I’ll let you know what they respond with.

Hey, not sure if your rep told you that you can pay £50 or so to change to a different cruise with Royal within a year.We almost did this one year.

I know the deposit is a small amount anyway but it is an option if you cannot get your deposit back.

Great idea if you can cruise earlier. If after, Check the age of babies onboard. Many times it’s 6months