First time on Oceania, question on coffee

mundocruiser

We are doing the Panama Canal in June on Oceania. Two questions:

Is the coffee on Oceania brewed, or is it the coffee syrup mess that they serve on most of the ships?

Would there be a way to brew my own coffee if they do only serve coffee syrup?

I do not do well with the coffee syrup stuff, so I take my own decaf, some Bodum travel presses, and make my own each morning with the butler bringing the hot water.

Thanks for the info!

Yes, it is included. However, the quality of the coffee drinks, caffe latte and such, will depend on the ability of the baristas which can vary quite a bit.

Not a prob. I don't do the latte stuff. Just give me a strong Americano and I'm good to go. Caffeine, Caffeine, Caffeine!!!

BTW I don't want coffee in the cabin. I always bring my spousal unit her first cup of coffee every morning on every cruise. That's my deposit into her emotional bank account so I can take debits later. :D

• Like 1

I find the coffee a little weak at breakfast in the Terrace Cafe. When I put that in a mid-cruise comment sheet, I got a telephone call with the suggestion to order Americano from waitstaff. That’s what I do and works for me. BTW my husband likes the regular coffee in the Cafe just fine and he has espresso after dinner.

All complimentary.

I am finding the regular coffee on Regatta is really bad. Brown water.

The machine espressos are very bitter -- either too much heat or a too long a brew (likely the heat)

Barista's -- vary. Enzo the Italian waiter/Barista has the new name Espresso-man (as I told him number 3 is Batman, number 2 is Superman and Number 1 is Espresso-man)... makes the best.

There is definitely a difference in the Barista's. Yesterday the Maitre'd of Toscana was the Barista in the AM. Still short of Espresso-man's skill.

I am finding the regular coffee on Regatta is really bad. Brown water.

The machine espressos are very bitter -- either too much heat or a too long a brew (likely the heat)

Barista's -- vary. Enzo the Italian waiter/Barista has the new name Espresso-man (as I told him number 3 is Batman, number 2 is Superman and Number 1 is Espresso-man)... makes the best.

There is definitely a difference in the Barista's. Yesterday the Maitre'd of Toscana was the Barista in the AM. Still short of Espresso-man's skill.

I like my morning coffee but am not an aficionado.

How can the Espresso in the Baristas vary so much from one person to another when it is essentially a machine made coffee (same machine) with the same coffee beans?

I can taste the difference between the coffee machine in Terrace and the one in Baristas but not between those made on same Barista machine by different people.

I like my morning coffee but am not an aficionado.

How can the Espresso in the Baristas vary so much from one person to another when it is essentially a machine made coffee (same machine) with the same coffee beans?

I can taste the difference between the coffee machine in Terrace and the one in Baristas but not between those made on same Barista machine by different people.

More specifically Cappuccinos are different from Barista to Barista. One is more creamy (the good) the other has more air and froth (the bad)

It would be great if Oceania had coffee in the cabins like NCL does. It is nice to not have to go anywhere to get coffee.

And like Viking, and HAL in the suites. I'm with you. I'm up and wanting my first cup at 4:30 - 5am. DH is NOT awake then, and if I call room service, he's going to be. It's also great for making a cup of chamomile at 2am if I can't sleep. I'd be happy to rent one over the course of a cruise. It seems like such a little thing, but it would mean a lot to me.

And don't forget coffee (with continental breakfast if you want it) early in the morning in Horizons. I love the quiet time there, especially when Jody was in charge on the Alaska cruise. He would see me coming and get my coffee to my favorite table. Recent cruise Rome-Venice, two mornings they were out of coffee beans in the machine. Really!!!! Coming into port early in the morning and the coffee machine is empty by 6:30. There was almost a mutiny but after that it was always full.

Mary

Are those replenished daily as needed ?

We just mention our preference for it (to the cabin steward) the first day we're aboard. As the stock runs low more appears. Other folk may prefer Evian (heaven knows why[emoji15]). On port days, there's bottled water at the gangway for pickup as you leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums