Princess=No Grace Period For Final Payment

TXSailor

Sounds to me like the OP is paying with a Debit Card with a logo. That would be one explaination as to why the funds are not available.

Also, why post on the board if you are just going to cancel your cruise anyway? Many posters here have pointed out that the norm is 75 days out, even people on the same March 11th cruise said the due date is later. If you TA is making up dates maybe you should get a new TA not a new cruiseline.

Something is wrong, Fausto. We too are booked on GPs March 11 cruise. We booked directly with Princess. Your post startled me so I revisited the Princess Cruise Personalizer's "Balance Due Date" page. It states the balance due date is December 26!:confused:

Considering the possibility that the "Cruise Personalizer" is in error, I called Princess. The rep confirms the Dec 26 due date.

This is a bit strange. We are on the same sailing, and our final payment due date has always been today, December 16th. I know that's more than 75 days, but I just assumed it was because of the cruise being during Spring Break.

never mind. I understand now. But couldn't you call your CC company and ask that your credit limit be increased?

A similar thing happened to me. It was final payment day and we discovered that the credit card we planned to use had a smaller credit limit than the payment. Called the credit card company. We have excellent credit, yet they said we'd have to submit a new "loan" application and that it would take several business days for the application to be processed and the limit raised. Luckily we had other credit cards and were able to split the payment between two other cards. I'm guessing the OP had tried that route too and was hoping Princess would understand. I don't blame him for being frustrated with both Princess and the CC company. I'd be pretty ticked too if Princess refused to give a little, I mean, we're only talking a few days.

Jackie

If the OP wanted to (and there is availability on his sailing), he could easily cancel his cruise today, and then hold a cabin over the weekend for a 48 hour period and then make the booking final on Tuesday. Things don't have to be complicated.

This is a bit strange. We are on the same sailing, and our final payment due date has always been today, December 16th. I know that's more than 75 days, but I just assumed it was because of the cruise being during Spring Break.

If I am not mistaken, some TA's ask for final payment sooner than others. It actually does give you a bit of a cushion if you contact your TA.

Princess literature and brochures list final payment dates TO the cruise line itself, you might want to have a look.

I mean, excluding those European cruises, South America cruises, even China/Australia/New Zealand cruises, if we are talking about a Panama, or a Caribbean cruise, how much that could be ? It wont be that BIG unless you book an owner's suite or similar type, I cannot imagine that would max out one's credit card. (unless you need 3 cabins for a big family. lol)

It's certain that Dec 16th is your TA's final payment date. This provides the TA with enough lead time to process the payment in time for Princess's final payment date, which in this case is Dec 26th. The date is probably advanced by the TAs to allow time for processing personal checks.

If I am not mistaken, some TA's ask for final payment sooner than others. It actually does give you a bit of a cushion if you contact your TA.

Princess literature and brochures list final payment dates TO the cruise line itself, you might want to have a look.

That's true, my final payment for our 3/19 sailing was the first week of January when I was booked directly with Princess but my on-line TA says it's 12/29. I guess they want a bit of a cushion so they can collect the funds and then get them to Princess.

I dont know why I cant edit my previous post. It looks like we are all getting a different story. Who knows why.

Just book when you get the $. Prices may even be better, if not look for another sailng that suits your budget.

See what the situation is like when you have the funds.

I'll say it one last time:

IT WASN'T PRINCESS' FAULT!!!!!!!!

The final payment due date slipped my mind and Princess refused to extend MY due date another 3 days.

That is how simple it is but somehow, some of you just don't get it. I really don't care when YOUR due date is, MINE was yesterday and I couldn't make the payment with my CC.

Now, since I cruise so frequently, I am not going to waste my time trying to get this rectified...I'll just cancel and go on another cruise. If Princess "doesn't want to give me some slack", then I go elsewhere. What is so hard with comprehending this?

My dig with Princess is the fact that they refused to work with me. Simple as that. I asked for a 3 day extension and Princess refused. Fine, I understand.

Fausto

I understand what OP is saying perfectly. He's not asking for other's to pipe in with everything other posters think about his personal finances. Frankly, it's no one's business but his. Why would anyone think they have any right to comment on someone else's financial situation.

As Anne Landers would say MYOB.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Leave the guy alone - he has made his choice - if he doesn;t want to cruise Princess anymore because of this problem, that too is his choice.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Ron[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Coral']If the OP wanted to (and there is availability on his sailing), he could easily cancel his cruise today, and then hold a cabin over the weekend for a 48 hour period and then make the booking final on Tuesday. Things don't have to be complicated.[/quote]

Or he could wait a couple of weeks for the 'flash' specials and potentially save $100's of dollars ...

:D

I keep missing you on cruises. Your either the week b4 or after me on my past several. I've done 5 on the past year, all from Galveston. I know you've done more, but that's a lot for me. I was on the Conquest when you were on the Rhapsody 12/4. Did you see me wave? I'd like to meet a fellow Texan that loves to cruise as much as you. [B]Any way--this deal is Princess' loss.[/B] Next month is my first time on Princess in many years, I'll write a review. BTW--You don't know me, but you helped me with Rhapsody info about a year ago. Love your "condo at sea" attitude.

Just saying hey!!

something is not adding up here.....you obviously booked through Princess or you wouldn't be calling them and them discussing a booking if it was through a TA. Princess wouldn't move up your final payment date as others suggested a [B]Travel Agent[/B] would. Several people have mentioned a 12-26 due date....why would Princess single you out and make you pay sooner?????? .......plus if you have money on the booking,Princess will not cancel your booking with getting with you to verify what you're doing.They do this with T/A's also before they would cancel somebody.
bless your heart...you get to do a 12 day cruise instead of 7......

[quote name='Lynnees']I understand what OP is saying perfectly. He's not asking for other's to pipe in with everything other posters think about his personal finances. [B]Frankly, it's no one's business but his[/B]. Why would anyone think they have any right to comment on someone else's financial situation.

As Anne Landers would say MYOB.[/quote]

Lynnees, TXSailor made his finances everybody's business when he posted his financial problem on a public forum.

However, I haven't seen a posting commenting on TXSailor's personal finances, probably because no one cares. The discussion has revolved around why the other 3,000 pax on Grand's March 11 sailing have a Dec 26th [B]Princess[/B] final payment date while [B]Princess [/B]has reportedly imposed an earlier payment date only on TXSailor.

I posted my initial reply in an effort to prevent others on the same cruise from making panic calls to TAs and Princess for fear they've missed their final payments. At no point did I, nor anyone else, comment on TXSailor's finances: we really don't care!

Archived