Conquest from Fort Lauderdale to Miami

Dream from New Orleans to Galveston

Ecstasy from Charleston to Jacksonville

Elation from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral

Glory from Miami to New Orleans

Sunshine from Port Canaveral to Charleston

Triumph from drydock to TBA

Valor from Galveston to New Orleans

What ship will be replacing the Conquest in Fort Lauderdale?

We don’t know yet.

My guess is that the Triumph will replace the Conquest in FLL at least until Panorama arrives, even with Port Canaveral getting a downgrade in May 2019. If Panorama goes to Port Canaveral (or to Miami and Horizon to Port Canaveral), then Port Canaveral goes from being down to being up in capacity. The first Excellence class ship comes online in 2020, and then I think we get our answer to Carnival’s plans for Long Beach and Australia; my guess is Magic makes the move from Miami to Long Beach, Splendor and Spirit stay down under full-time, and Legend splits time between Australia and Alaska.

Is the Glory and the Valor going to be the only 2 ships sailing out of New Orleans? How do they compare to the dream and Triumph? Smaller, Larger, or same size?

We like the food options available on the Dream. Do the Glory and Valor offer the Pasta Bella and Indian food?

Is the Glory and the Valor going to be the only 2 ships sailing out of New Orleans? How do they compare to the dream and Triumph? Smaller, Larger, or same size?

We like the food options available on the Dream. Do the Glory and Valor offer the Pasta Bella and Indian food?

Haven't been on Glory or Valor but they are the same class as Freedom which I have been on. It was like Triumph but a little bigger. Had fridges in the rooms and a Serenity area. The extra space was like behind the Guys burgers and BI Cantina. That made a larger buffet with an extra Buffet line and mongolian wok. Upstairs added steakhouse, BBQ place and something else. On the promenade it added red frog pub in that space. I want to say the lobby bar was facing the opposite direction which threw me off at first.Outside of those things it felt just like Triumph.

We are waiting to see what New York will get in 2019. As of now it looks like the remodeled (Sunshined) Triumph or the Magic. Hop they release it soon.

Norfolk is also eagerly watching! We usually also get seasonal sailings from the ship goes to NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I feel like New Orleans is getting a raw deal. They are taking the Dream and Truimph out and replacing with the Valor and GLORY. WHILE GALVESTON GETS the Vista? If you have ever sailed out of Galveston you will understand. Galveston is not by far a destination port,hard to get too and very little to do.Then you have New Orleans which in itself is a destination port with all kinds of things to do and see. New Orleans is also just as busy if not busier than Galveston for cruise passengers. Is constantly in the top 3 as far as making Carnival money. Also you can start using your drink package as soon you get on the ship not so in Galveston. Just don’t get it,

I feel like New Orleans is getting a raw deal. They are taking the Dream and Truimph out and replacing with the Valor and GLORY. WHILE GALVESTON GETS the Vista? If you have ever sailed out of Galveston you will understand. Galveston is not by far a destination port,hard to get too and very little to do.Then you have New Orleans which in itself is a destination port with all kinds of things to do and see. New Orleans is also just as busy if not busier than Galveston for cruise passengers. Is constantly in the top 3 as far as making Carnival money. Also you can start using your drink package as soon you get on the ship not so in Galveston. Just don’t get it,

Valor will be an upgrade over Triumph but Glory a downgrade from Dream. I definitely enjoy sailing out of New Orleans and hate sailing out of Galveston. I think it’s about the number of people in Texas...and Galveston is an easier drive for them.

Uncle Bob would've never let this happen. The new regime doesn't <3 NOLA like he did.

Now we know that Panorama is headed straight to Long Beach in late 2019, and the Triumph will be based in Fort Lauderdale with some Norfolk and New York sailings.

Long Beach is really convenient for me. I'd really like to see a greater variety of itineraries (of course new ships don't hurt)

Not sure where you get your money comments, Galveston is Carnival's most profitable port. 7 million people within a 3 hour drive, no need to go further.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure where you get your money comments, Galveston is Carnival's most profitable port. 7 million people within a 3 hour drive, no need to go further.....

Your right it is the most profitable port for them. Let’s see they also have 3 ships. New Orleans is the number 3 profitable port year in and out with 2 ships. Want to get technical 7 million people within a 4 hour drive and a lot shorter drive from the airport with more to do than Galveston. So lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Edited by Alchemy1970
Wrong number

Your right it is the most profitable port for them. Let’s see they also have 3 ships. New Orleans is the number 3 profitable port year in and out with 2 ships. Want to get technical 7 million people within a 4 hour drive and a lot shorter drive from the airport with more to do than Galveston. So lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

You asked why and I told you why. There is a reason they have more ships...oh, one more thing before we move, they fill them and at a higher cruise rate. We don't have to agree, and we can leave it alone. At the end of the day, Carnival decides where to put the ships and they do that because it works best for them. They put the Magic there brand new, and the Vista close to new. It is not a lottery or popularity contest. New Orleans had the Sunshine for 6 months and they had to move her....