Can't wait for some Seaside Yacht Club reviews?

mafig

I will also be writing a review of the Yacht Club and the Royal Suite while I'm onboard.

I sail January 6, 2018...six days away!!!

If all of the furniture (balcony/bedroom) isn't there, DEMAND that it is there by spring. :cool:

Also, DEMAND that there is a cabana reserved (no charge) for each Royal Suite just like on Meraviglia.

If all of the furniture (balcony/bedroom) isn't there, DEMAND that it is there by spring. :cool:

Also, DEMAND that there is a cabana reserved (no charge) for each Royal Suite just like on Meraviglia.

I second that! Tell them not to be cheap and actually buy some nice furniture for the nicest suites on the ship! I can't understand how MSC chooses that is the place to cut corners. They could even just take something from the One pool deck! Instead we're getting regular pool loungers.

I'm still trying to figure out why the HC YIN cabins have marble vanities and floors in their bathrooms, while the regular YIN cabins have porcelain vanities and tile floors. More false advertising from MSC. A few less Swarovski crystals in the staircases would have easily covered the price differential. They don't even have the you get what you pay for excuse since there is no price difference between a HC YIN and a regular YIN.

I admit I do agree. I think though that the standard YC interior does have a marble tiled floor, but standard countertops. The floor certainly doesn’t look the same as the non-YC bathroom floors.

The shower also appears to be different with the added rainfall shower too.

Of course Bob......I can't imagine anyone reviewing while on the ship........have a wonderful cruise and looking forward to your review when you get a chance to post it. Thanks in advance....happy cruising!:)

Thanks, but I won't write a review until I get back home. I expect to be having too much fun! Bob

Of course Bob......I can't imagine anyone reviewing while on the ship........have a wonderful cruise and looking forward to your review when you get a chance to post it. Thanks in advance....happy cruising!:)
Some posters such as the Admiral have been providing details regarding their impressions while on board this week in other threads. It obviously depends upon the internet package that they have invested in as well as the time that they decide to devote to it as well.

The HC YIN has the same matching light gray/white marble countertop and flooring similar to the standard balcony YC suites. The pics of the YIN cabins do not look the same, including the floors.

You’re right that they aren’t the same as the YC balconies, but in the pictures they do appear to have marble flooring and a different shower like I said - I didn’t mean to infer that they were the same as the YIN accessible or suite.interior-suite-msc-yatch-club-cabin--v18130174-cc-960.jpg

interior-suite-msc-yatch-club-cabin--v18129945-cc-960.jpg

I second that! Tell them not to be cheap and actually buy some nice furniture for the nicest suites on the ship! I can't understand how MSC chooses that is the place to cut corners. They could even just take something from the One pool deck! Instead we're getting regular pool loungers.
It really doesn't make sense. The highest suite should have the table/chairs on the balcony as shown in every rendering. In fact, the chairs and loungers should be padded. The chaise lounger should be in the bedroom as shown in every rendering.

I realize that these things are minor compared to the Grand Suite 2br/2ba fiasco but the Royal Suite issues can easily be fixed. Order the required furniture and put it in place during disembarkation/embarkation between cruises.

It really doesn't make sense. The highest suite should have the table/chairs on the balcony as shown in every rendering. In fact, the chairs and loungers should be padded. The chaise lounger should be in the bedroom as shown in every rendering.

I realize that these things are minor compared to the Grand Suite 2br/2ba fiasco but the Royal Suite issues can easily be fixed. Order the required furniture and put it in place during disembarkation/embarkation between cruises.

I really hope that cruisers before me request better furniture. If not, I will have no problem requesting 2 padded loungers from the yc pool deck be put on the balcony. I'm positive they have extra padded chairs.

Can I please ask a logical question: why do all the inside YC Suites (other cabins as well) have no couch and only one chair? The drawings it shows two chairs and there is space for Inside YC couch. How are two people supposed to enjoy comped Room Service Pizza, without two chairs, as you cant have Pizza in the YC Lounge?

Agree with above, there is square footage, and it looks like something is missing. We use the couch provided by other lines for setting out and organizing clothing, etc, etc.. I know....we will get by just fine, but it seems like they were too cheap to furnish the room.

Can I please ask a logical question: why do all the inside YC Suites (other cabins as well) have no couch and only one chair? The drawings it shows two chairs and there is space for Inside YC couch. How are two people supposed to enjoy comped Room Service Pizza, without two chairs, as you cant have Pizza in the YC Lounge?

That's one of those MSC things that don't make sense. We were on Divinia and had a royal and regular suite and really not conducive to eating in the room like NCL suites. We had our group of 6 in the royal for pizza but we stashed the pizza where we could and just ate standing up for the most part. It was kind of like college days.

I really hope that cruisers before me request better furniture. If not, I will have no problem requesting 2 padded loungers from the yc pool deck be put on the balcony. I'm positive they have extra padded chairs.

if you are speaking of the Royal Suite - i truly hope that the pictures posted to Cruise Critics was taken prior to anyone boarding the ship and are used for promotional pictures, as these suites artists renderings still how a table and 6 chairs on the balcony

Today, i am following 2 families boarding the Seaside, they both each have the 2 royal suites - and they promise to provide a lot of pictures and feedback....

This being said, the Royal Suite on the Meraviglia was to have a dining table and chairs on the balcony, again according to their artists renderings, and still as of today, 7 months after its sailing, they still do not have the dinette on the balcony.

I will 100% be requesting a table and chairs on the balcony if not there already - there is absolutely nowhere to enjoy breakfast on the balcony otherwise - it will not destroy my vacation in no means, but will be truly disappointed...

I keep my fingers (and toes) crossed when i see the images posted for the cruisers this week.....

In the Top Sail lounge waiting to get off the ship. Had a wonderful cruise and we are looking forward to going back on the Seaside next year. Highlights:

1. The YC, lounge and the pool deck are perfect. Love how the lounge and restaurant create a more dynamic environment.

2. Best food I ever had on MSC. Understand food is subjective but they had very dynamic menus each night.

3. The number of butlers are fewer but I did not find service lacking. It appears that the have less obligations in working in the lounge or the pool. While they do have some rotations, it appears that MSC has added bar staff to the pool and lounge area to lessen the burden.

4. Cabin was very nice. I did not find the furniture to be cheap. Love the bathroom, especially the rain forest shower.

5. There were some minor service issues but I think it was very impressive how well things went. They are still in beta testing and it will take some time to work things out. It is a mix of veterans and new. In talking to the staff, it is a very hard adjustment when a new ship is put into operation.

6. Boarding. Was bit of a nuisance as the ground staff were just really learning the ins and outs as it was the second voyage.

7. Surprinsingly, the majority of the people in theYC were from overseas.

Will attempt to do a fuller review but ask away with any questions you may have.

if you are speaking of the Royal Suite - i truly hope that the pictures posted to Cruise Critics was taken prior to anyone boarding the ship and are used for promotional pictures, as these suites artists renderings still how a table and 6 chairs on the balcony

Today, i am following 2 families boarding the Seaside, they both each have the 2 royal suites - and they promise to provide a lot of pictures and feedback....

This being said, the Royal Suite on the Meraviglia was to have a dining table and chairs on the balcony, again according to their artists renderings, and still as of today, 7 months after its sailing, they still do not have the dinette on the balcony.

I will 100% be requesting a table and chairs on the balcony if not there already - there is absolutely nowhere to enjoy breakfast on the balcony otherwise - it will not destroy my vacation in no means, but will be truly disappointed...

I keep my fingers (and toes) crossed when i see the images posted for the cruisers this week.....

I’ve heard that the furniture is on back-order and will be arriving with the umbrellas for the Yacht Club pool deck.....

I hope you are successful getting that table. We're booked in the royal suite in Sept, and our adult kids and spouses have two additional rooms in YC. A big reason we booked that combo was so that the 6 of us could gather on that balcony and enjoy some breakfasts at that table.