Allure balcony - best deck and type?

We (self, husband and two teens age 15 and 14 at the Time) will be booking our balcony room on the Allure this week. We’ve never been on one of these big ships, but we have always liked the “regular” ocean view balcony. I’m kind of intrigued by the inside balconies offer on the oasis class. What would you recommend? Which is “best” for the experience? Which deck would be preferred? Any and all opinions are welcome.

Thanks!!

We sailed on the sister ship Oasis. We have always had a regular ocean balcony on previous ships, but we really enjoy the Boardwalk balconies on this class of ship.

You still can see the ocean but also we enjoy watching all the activity below. Once we close our balcony door there is no noise.

Also with these rooms we get free coke package for the first two in the room, dinner for four at Johnny Rockets and I believe a rock climbing wall lesson...

Our favorite decks are 10,11 or 12. Deck 14 would put you under the pool deck which might be noisy as the clean during the night.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

We (self, husband and two teens age 15 and 14 at the Time) will be booking our balcony room on the Allure this week. We’ve never been on one of these big ships, but we have always liked the “regular” ocean view balcony. I’m kind of intrigued by the inside balconies offer on the oasis class. What would you recommend? Which is “best” for the experience? Which deck would be preferred? Any and all opinions are welcome.

Thanks!!

We like ocean view balconies on decks 8 or 9, for their proximity to Central Park.

When we sailed Allure, we loved deck 8 because I really enjoyed walking through Central Park. It was also convenient to most things. The Central Park balconies wouldn’t be bad- they had live music, usually guitar or piano, into the evening. I will say, the Boardwalk rooms would probably be fine as long as you aren’t early to bed. Some of the aqua shows went until 10:30-11pm, and the closer aft and lower you are, I assume the more it would affect you.

I think it would depend on what atmosphere you like. Central Park was more laid back, and the Boardwalk had more going on all day.

We had an ocean view balcony on deck 10 (I think) in Feb. it was perfect as we had a midship cabin. We like seeing the sea/ocean on a cruise and ports.

Have fun planning! It’s a great ship for families with teens. My 18 yr old ds loved it.

Thanks!!

I like the boardwalk balcony's on decks 10-12 and like to get a cabin as far aft as possible so i can see the aqua theater shows from my balcony and see the ocean.

I was going to try a Central Park cabin on the next cruise but the price dropped on a d5 oceanview balcony so we upgraded for $11.

Bill

Thanks!!

I would check out the staterooms on deck 8 on the hump because they have larger balconies and on that deck you are very close to Park Cafe for a quick bite or coffee to take to your room in the mornings without having to take the stairs or an elevator. I'd do the starboard side because that side of the ship normally faces the port when docked on the Oasis or the Allure. The other side, the "port" side usually faces the ocean and when docked that's all you get to see. I would check out stateroom 8600 ...We love that location even if you can't get that room. We usually get a Jr Suite on 8 or 6. I know 6 seems kind of low but it's actually very nice, almost in the exact center of the ship and on the same level as boardwalk.

We had a Boardwalk balcony on Allure and loved it. Great if you enjoy people watching and you can see everything that goes on at the Aqua Theater as well as the ocean. No noise issues at any time as long as the balcony door is completely shut. I would love to try a Central Park balcony next time for the lovely ambiance and natural light there. The smell of all the fresh greenery (even a bit of birdsong) in there was very appealing during the daytime and the evenings had a very cozy atmosphere complete with piano music. You can have an ocean view on any ship so we went for the interior since it was a fun novelty and were very glad we did.

I have been on Allure twice so far. The first time was last January and we had a Boardwalk balcony on deck 12, near the aft. Other than being a long to the stairs/elevators, it was great.

In July, we booked an ocean view balcony which is normally what we book. I kind of missed the Boardwalk area and now we are booked again in a Boardwalk balcony.

I love the Central Park area, but would NOT book a balcony cabin there as it appears to me there is little air circulation and it is very warm in the summer especially. We had lunch outside at Giovanni's in July and that is in the Central Park area and it was so hot and humid.

I would check out the staterooms on deck 8 on the hump because they have larger balconies and on that deck you are very close to Park Cafe

We were in 8200 (bed by the closet) over Thanksgiving and I love these hump ocean view balcony rooms. The balcony is larger and b/c it is "behind" the Park Café, there are no cabins on the other side of the hallway from you so it is very quiet. My one and ONLY complaint about these rooms is that they are a long walk to either the forward or aft elevators. We had a choice of one of these same rooms again on our upcoming Allure cruise and we chose to go with a D6 right by the aft elevator bank. The balcony will be smaller but I prefer to pass on the long walk to the room.

We love deck 10 on the hump.....as we love ocean view balconies and enjoy being able to see forward and aft the length of the ship. (If not on the 'hump', the hump obstructs full viewing either forward or aft depending where you are!). We are going on the Harmony this month and have cabin 10600 dead center of hump...can't wait!

We have done over 25 cruises - lots in oceanview balcony rooms; however, this past cruise on the Oasis of the Seas we had boardwalk balcony (3rd from the back) so that we could see the water out of the back of the ship and also see the aqua theater and boardwalk. I can say that I did miss the full view of the ocean, I felt like I missed the ocean most of the trip and it felt more like a hotel stay versus a cruise. Just my personal preference but it was a miss for me. Booked Symphony and went back to oceanview balcony,

We have always preferred an oceanview balcony. For this trip, the price for a Central Park balcony was too much of a savings to pass on, since we are paying for two cabins. Good to hear that a lot of people like these cabins. I'm still a little unsure.

Hello - We have recently tried all three (OV Balcony, CP Balcony, Boardwalk Balcony furthest aft).

We prefer the OV Balcony (regardless of location) - no comparison.

One thing that many people forget to mention. Deck 7 aft rooms have access thru a door at the rock climbing wall.

Not a huge deal, but rooms near the rear elevators have no lifeboats below the balconies.

We agree with Bob. We like the ocean view balconies on Deck 8. Central Park has the cafe and the Trellis Bar if you want to run out quick for food or beverages to take back to the cabin. We like to do cocktails on the balcony. We usually have a large group and have the dividers open.

This Easter will be our 4th cruise on Allure, We like deck 8 because of Central Park. Really neat pass thur to the other elevators depending to where your room is. We had a boardwalk balcony once right over the Carousel. Did not like as much as OV balcony. also agree on the starboard side.

Deck 8, starboard side is our preference. We've had OV and JS on the hump. Prefer JS especially if you have 4 in a room. You will want that extra space both in the cabin and on the balcony. Central Park is our go-to every morning for coffee. Easy to bring breakfast back to your balcony, too. Enjoy your cruise!

We have sailed in ocean view balconies and boardwalk balconies on Harmony, Oasis and Allure. We prefer the boardwalk balconies on this class of ship. We love sitting and people watching and enjoying the activities going on below us. We just booked Allure again yesterday and I picked deck 12 as aft as I could get in the Boardwalk. This is our preferred location as the views are incredible here and you can see everything going on in the Aqua Theatre.

If you prefer sitting on your balcony for the peace and quiet and just listening to the water I would not book an inside balcony, and definitely go with an ocean view balcony. Ocean view balconies are usually our preference on any other class of ships except Oasis class. We love the inside balconies.