Truth or Rumor

Spoke to RCCL, Anthem being dry docked after April 5th 2020 sailing. Unsure of replacement as of yet :o:o

No surprise. All the ship's need at least a once every 5 year Marine side Dry Dock, usually only takes 2 weeks but it's due. Could just go do it and come back later, or much later if it does Europe over Summer... We may not know until next dates are released in Dec or Spring 2019...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Spoke to RCCL, Anthem being dry docked after April 5th 2020 sailing. Unsure of replacement as of yet :o:o

Not necessarily.

She will go for a drydock sometime in 2020, that is all we know. Ships itineraries have only been released until April for most ships so the fact that April 5 is her last sailing does not mean anything. She may go in the fall of 2020.

The reps make stuff up figuring that most people will believe whatever they tell them when in actuality they know the exact same as us which in this case is nothing.

I'm guessing the April 5th cruise might be the last before dry dock. Usually when the itineraries are released for the spring they go to almost the end of April. This last release ended with the April 5th cruise.

I'm guessing the April 5th cruise might be the last before dry dock. Usually when the itineraries are released for the spring they go to almost the end of April. This last release ended with the April 5th cruise.

The drydock would be in Europe so there would be a TA involved. That could be the reason for sailings only until the 5th.

The drydock would be in Europe so there would be a TA involved. That could be the reason for sailings only until the 5th.

Yes I know they would have to have a sailing to the dry dock port. I was referring to the last close loop cruise out of Bayonne.

Anthem is showing up in several port listings in Europe during summer 2020 all of which suggest a summer season from Southampton after the 5 year dry dock in Europe .

Interestingly , independence of the seas is also showing up so they obviously feel the market is there for both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anthem is showing up in several port listings in Europe during summer 2020 all of which suggest a summer season from Southampton after the 5 year dry dock in Europe .

Interestingly , independence of the seas is also showing up so they obviously feel the market is there for both.

Hope Anthem is out of Southampton would love to sail on her for a third time.

Ships itineraries have only been released until April for most ships so the fact that April 5 is her last sailing does not mean anything. She may go in the fall of 2020.

Can't go in the fall. She came out in April of '15 so the dry dock has to happen in the spring.

Biker, who foresees a potential non-revenue TA directly to dry dock after the 4/5/20 sailing.

Anthem has 4 port bookings in 2020 at Gibraltar, June 9th,Aug 5th and 20th.Oct 7th which indicates that she is spending the summer out of Southhampton. Indy also has bookings in Gibraltar in 2020. Information is on Gibraltar port schedule.

Edited by Yogi21

Can't go in the fall. She came out in April of '15 so the dry dock has to happen in the spring.

Biker, who foresees a potential non-revenue TA directly to dry dock after the 4/5/20 sailing.

Is there any flexibility in the 5 year date? I know that there is with the dates for the 2 1/2 year drydock for ships older than 15 years.