Latitudes Wine Question

broadwaycam

It is sparkling wine if you mean the bottle given on boarding and there is no corkage. (We find it drinkable if you add apple juice!!)

If you mean the free bottle with your meal then there is a special wine list you can choose from and again no corkage.

Our sparkling wine on the Escape two weeks ago had a regular champagne-style cork. Same for all three of our cabins + the one I won during our CC slot pull.

Turn the wire seven times and pop it. No corkage fee.

Our sparkling wine on the Escape two weeks ago had a regular champagne-style cork. Same for all three of our cabins + the one I won during our CC slot pull.

Turn the wire seven times and pop it. No corkage fee.

Yes, agree. I cruise NCL often and it is not a screw cap.

Sparkling wine should be in the stateroom, with corkscrew - no corkage fees, and it's for Latitude member, 1 per stateroom.

You select your own bottle of (red, white, etc.) wine from a special menu list when dining at Cagney or LeBistro, by presenting the Platinum voucher. Latitude members do not get this perk, as a general benefit - no corkage fee, 1 per eligible stateroom.

1768cb3d174db05cc797062dddebd65d.jpg

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Edited by mking8288

Has anyone had luck lately exchanging the bottle of sparkling wine (either from Latitudes or as a suite perk) for a bottle of regular wine? We have always had luck doing this in the past but I thought I read somewhere that it changed....

When we were in a suite on the Gem in February, 2017 we were not allowed to change it. We also had been allowed to exchange it in the past, but we were told we could no longer do so. I called the director of beverages and was told it was a gift and couldn't exchange it. I felt it contradicted the idea of free style since I couldn't get the beverage of choice and he did send a bottle of red wine to our cabin. I know people believe it is such a small thing but I felt it was part of feeling like a VIP for a week.

When we were in a suite on the Gem in February' date=' 2017 we were not allowed to change it. We also had been allowed to exchange it in the past, but we were told we could no longer do so. I called the director of beverages and was told it was a gift and couldn't exchange it. I felt it contradicted the idea of free style since I couldn't get the beverage of choice and he did send a bottle of red wine to our cabin. I know people believe it is such a small thing but I felt it was part of feeling like a VIP for a week.[/quote']

That's disappointing to hear. We were on the Gem in November 2016 and could exchange it, so the switch must have happened between then and Feb. I think with the new latitudes perks and their giving more of the sparkling stuff out.... it might be a big issue if they had to switch everyone's. They should change the suite perk thought to be wine of your choice.

Someone on our CC roll call during our slot pull on the Escape Dec. 16-23 told me it was possible to exchange for a bottle of red or white at any bar but we didn't attempt. I also do not know when they last attempted to exchange. Just said they had done many times before.

Has anyone had luck lately exchanging the bottle of sparkling wine (either from Latitudes or as a suite perk) for a bottle of regular wine? We have always had luck doing this in the past but I thought I read somewhere that it changed....

We were in a suite on the Pearl in October. I asked our very friendly butler if he could swap it out for a bottle of red wine. He said they weren't supposed to do that anymore but he would see what he could do. He brought me a bottle of Merlot :) and left the original bottle in the cabin which I "donated" to a fellow cruiser from our M&G.

~Denise

Nope, not on the 3 ships I've been on since November. I always leave the bottle. I was with other people who tried.

In Sept 2017 on the Escape I exchanged two bottles of the free champagne at the Haven Bar for a bottle of Red and White. They did it for me no questions asked.

I think that Haven guests get special treatment that is not available to us mere mortals.

Does anyone know if the bottle of wine that is given for being latitudes is screw off or does it have a cork? Also they don't charge a corkage fee for that bottle do they?

can't remember but you have a few types to choose from and no,there is no corkage fee; BTW you can drink it with dinner or take it back to your cabin for a late night toast or something. That is usually what we do as we always have the UDP. :cool: Oh it looks like you are talking about the bottle all latitude members get: it is, as mentioned sparkling and it will be like champagne. I hate they no longer let us trade it in for a bottle. They stopped that about the time they started offering the UDP and the adjusted the latitude benefits. It is one of the few things they have done with latitude that really upsets me.

I also used to exchange it ....on the Breakaway we were told only at the Atrium Bar...but I haven't been on since last January. Guess I'll find out in two weeks....I would rather have a bottle of plain water than that "gift"...:)

I also used to exchange it ....on the Breakaway we were told only at the Atrium Bar...but I haven't been on since last January. Guess I'll find out in two weeks....I would rather have a bottle of plain water than that "gift"...:)

yes, please let us know. We have started taking it to the M&G and sharing it with others making memosas. It beats not using it at all.

Just came back from Gem. As for the last 2 cruises we tried to drink it, no can do :) Just bad, left the bottle in the cabin again. I know it's a free perk but it would be nice to have a choice of this or a bottle of a house wine or something.

Just came back from Gem. As for the last 2 cruises we tried to drink it, no can do :) Just bad, left the bottle in the cabin again. I know it's a free perk but it would be nice to have a choice of this or a bottle of a house wine or something.

Gosh, I don't remember it being that bad!!! LOL

We enjoy having it with oj on the balcony

In Sept 2017 on the Escape I exchanged two bottles of the free champagne at the Haven Bar for a bottle of Red and White. They did it for me no questions asked.

I think that Haven guests get special treatment that is not available to us mere mortals.

We mere mortals don't get champagne either, just sparkling wine.