Suite laundry service

Jules59

We have a full suite this time on our cruise. One of the perks is having our laundry done at no charge.Has anyone had any experience having there's down from the ships laundry? Can you send everything there? Do they take good care of your clothes?

Thanks,

Jules59

Hi Jules59, the times we have our laundry done everything was great, just put in bag and then magically appears on coat hanger in walk in robe. ( also if you check your on board account regularly you might see a change for laundry, then a bit later on you will see the amount credited to your account )

Enjoy your cruise and your breakfasts at sabitini's it is just the best, also cocktails before dinner are good as well.

Cheers Don be on the golden in 20 days

We sailed on the Crown Dec 30-Jan 7th in a suite and used the laundry service to freshen up some t-shirts, shorts, and undergarments - everything came back in good condition and on time. My husband sent out his suit and dress shirts for pressing when we first boarded and those also came back in good shape, so no complaints from us!

Trust them only with older clothes. If you own expensive items I wouldn't turn it in for Princess laundry. Possible for cleaning but definitely not regular wash & dry.

Agree. We once had a problem with my DW’s cocktail dress.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband uses it: shirts, both casual & dress came back fine; same with slacks; pressing only of some items also fine.

Was funny getting his undershirts back pressed and on hangers!!

Haha That is funny.

Be prepared that everything will be put in the dryer so if shrinkage is a problem you might want to rethink. I noted in the "comments" section to wash my jeans in cold water because I couldn't afford any shrinkage and they SHRANK. My pastel pink undergarments and a pink t-shirt were returned looking tie-dyed and were obviously washed with dark blue items. I don't send any delicates now or my jeans; however, it's great to send all of DH clothes daily.

It was fine for all of my husband's clothing. He only had his tux pressed, not cleaned. He sent EVERYTHING in.

I was reluctant to use the free service and on my last cruise I had two items ruined. My spanx (undergarment) and white PJ bottoms came back grey, not white (they had black champagne bottle silhouette on it, so maybe got washed with dark colors?). I should have know better on the undergarment, but was disappointed in the Pajama pants. Live and learn. Only send things I'm ok with possibly shrinking and things I'm not concerned with getting ruined. I didn't want to stand in line to complain, but it was over $100 in damaged clothing.