Extend your stay

Nan_Sea

I am interested in the extend your stay options due to a late flight. Can anyone tell me the charge and how it works? I have not had any luck with the Celebrity web site. I have not had luck with that web site for any reason for that matter.

I am interested in the extend your stay options due to a late flight. Can anyone tell me the charge and how it works? I have not had any luck with the Celebrity web site. I have not had luck with that web site for any reason for that matter.

We did it last month on the Constellation. It was $39.00 per person. It is not available on all ships. It depends on local customs regulations. Were told that at ports where the passenger total has to be zeroed out they don't have it. We were at AbuDhabi so had no problem. You get tags for luggage and put it out at night. Were able to stay on the ship until 3pm. Unless you are in a suite anything you purchase like drinks was charged to you credit card on file. In suites you can stay in Micheals club otherwise any public areas. Still have to be out of your room by 8 am. You do have to keep your hand luggage with you, no place to store it.

• 2 years later...

This has now been improved it seems....

Ideal for guests with later flights, Extend Your Stay lets you enjoy more vacation time on board-right up to 90 minutes before the ship sails for its next cruise. Let us store your luggage while you grab a bite with a dining credit at Sushi on 5/Le Grand Bistro. Relax by the pool and sip on a cocktail from your Classic Beverage package. Relax with a massage at the spa. There's so much more you can do. So, there's no need to rush to leave the ship. With Extend Your Stay, you can take your time and return home completely rejuvenated.

Highlights

• Extend Your Stay program: Relax, get a bite to eat and take your time on departure day.
  • Classic Beverage Package for the day
  • $30 Credit for use on Sushi on 5/Le Grand Bistro (on Edge series)

Cost is now $49.99 I think (converted for me to GBP)

Now whether suite guests can use the suite facilities still, I'm not sure.

We just did the Extend Your Stay option on the Edge in Fort Lauderdale for $79.  They held us on the ship until all the other passengers had disembarked, then marched us off the ship, through immigration and customs, showed us where to pick up our luggage, then marched us back onto the ship,

2 hours ago, Buckeyeinmi said:

We just did the Extend Your Stay option on the Edge in Fort Lauderdale for $79.  They held us on the ship until all the other passengers had disembarked, then marched us off the ship, through immigration and customs, showed us where to pick up our luggage, then marched us back onto the ship,

@BuckeyeinmiThanks for sharing.    What time were you allowed back on the ship?    Also were you able to bring any backpack or carryon back aboard or did you have to leave them dockside also?

3 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

We are ending Vancouver in May.  Since we can’t check into hotel until 3 pm, it would be great to stay for a little longer. 

So, does Canada allow?

This would be problematic in Vancouver - legally you would need to be processed for entry to Canada, but then unlike the Fort Lauderdale experience mentioned above if you reboard the ship you are entering the USA again (which means going through both Security and US CBP preclearance), then when you leave going through Canadian immigration yet again! Even if allowed, it would be inefficient for you - especially considering you'd be parked right downtown in one of the best cities on the planet, missing out on hours of quality sightseeing.

Just head to your hotel, leave your bags, then go Do Stuff until your rooms are ready.

Yes   Vancouver is one of our favorite cities.  We have already reserved 2 nights at the George Hotel. We stayed there several years ago and had a blast.  I guess then will just be the last people off the ship and drop luggage. Who knows we may get lucky and get an early checkin. 

On 1/9/2018 at 9:03 AM, ozark74 said:

We did it last month on the Constellation. It was $39.00 per person. It is not available on all ships. It depends on local customs regulations. Were told that at ports where the passenger total has to be zeroed out they don't have it. We were at AbuDhabi so had no problem. You get tags for luggage and put it out at night. Were able to stay on the ship until 3pm. Unless you are in a suite anything you purchase like drinks was charged to you credit card on file. In suites you can stay in Micheals club otherwise any public areas. Still have to be out of your room by 8 am. You do have to keep your hand luggage with you, no place to store it.

$39. wow prices must vary by ship. We are on the Edge in March and they are listing it as over $110Canadian per person. 

1 hour ago, LSKC said:

$39. wow prices must vary by ship. We are on the Edge in March and they are listing it as over $110Canadian per person. 

We are on Edge in the Med and the charge is $69 AUD which is around $62 Canadian and $47 USD. With the $30USD and the Beverage package that is amazing value for us. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

@BuckeyeinmiThanks for sharing.    What time were you allowed back on the ship?    Also were you able to bring any backpack or carryon back aboard or did you have to leave them dockside also?

We were back on the ship at about 10:30 AM if I recall correctly.

Yes, we were allowed to have a backpack or carry on.  So, we were able to have a change of clothes (swim suit and the like) with us onboard.

11 minutes ago, Buckeyeinmi said:

We were back on the ship at about 10:30 AM if I recall correctly.

Yes, we were allowed to have a backpack or carry on.  So, we were able to have a change of clothes (swim suit and the like) with us onboard.

Thanks much for your input.