Upgrade: Opinions

keithm

We just received an offer to upgrade from an interior cabin to a veranda stateroom. New room # is 8100. The cost was $200pp. We thought it was a good idea & took the offer. Anyone else have this offer & did you feel it was a good choice for you.

We just received an offer to upgrade from an interior cabin to a veranda stateroom. New room # is 8100. The cost was $200pp. We thought it was a good idea & took the offer. Anyone else have this offer & did you feel it was a good choice for you.

You’re sailing Marina, correct?

Looks like a good cabin to me. I would have jumped on the offer and have done a happy dance.

That's a good deal, $400 to go from an inside to a B1. I would have taken it in a minute. It's very well located also, just a couple of floors to the MDR and Martinis, so it's easy to walk up and down from there. Just slightly aft of center. I'd say you did well.

How long is your cruise?

That's a good deal, $400 to go from an inside to a B1. I would have taken it in a minute. It's very well located also, just a couple of floors to the MDR and Martinis, so it's easy to walk up and down from there. Just slightly aft of center. I'd say you did well.

How long is your cruise?

Ten days on the Riviera. Starting 1/13.

You’re sailing Marina, correct?

Looks like a good cabin to me. I would have jumped on the offer and have done a happy dance.

Actually, on the Riviera. The ship design is still pretty much the same.

I would have too! We took an upgrade from an inside to an A2 for a 20 night cruise on Nautica last April. It was $500pp. Didn't even take a breath before I was on the phone with the TA. :-) For us it happened about three weeks before departure.

So I guess 6 months out is too soon.

Not sure. It's the first time in our 13 years of cruising we got an offer like this. We got an upsell offer on the QV to go from a A-! to a P-1 in Princess Grill, but it was full price. We turned it down.

+1

Please tell us about your experiences after your cruise - the good, the bad and the ugly :)

Trust me, I do VERY detailed cruise reviews. It will be thorough. It's unlikely I'll do anything before the end of our vacation. I know some like to post a day to day review of their goings on. Considering the cost & quality of most onboard inter net systems, we'll wait until about the 28'th-30'th of Jan. before I start posting again. Never had a bad cruise before & I expect this one should be excellent as well. Ship limitations only make a cruise different, not necessarily disappointing.

Edited by keithm
additions