Seasickness and Decks

FreudianSlipper

We sailed last year on the Carnival Miracle and were on Deck 7 in an interior room, mid-ship. We rarely even felt the ship move except at night when we went to bed. I'm currently looking at a balcony room on The Dream next January and the only deck available is Deck 2. I think it's a cove balcony. For those who have sailed on lower decks, what's the difference in terms of motion? Does it make a difference if it's mid-ship, front or back? Obviously there are going to be some differences person to person, but just in general what do you think?

It is the most overblown piece of advice thrown around on cruise boards. There may be a slight bit of difference but it will not be enough to impact things.

My wife is very prone to motion, we have stayed all over the ship and if it is moving enough to make her uneasy there is no place on the ship we can go to make it 'better'. If it is moving it is moving.

I agree that if it is moving it is moving BUT you feel more movement the higher up you are located. For us we pick midship mid decks(6,7) when we can but we also take anti seasick meds before the ship sails! You are not in your cabin all the time and so other parts of the ship may affect you.

I always get a kick out of these postings where people answer that the lower, mid-ship is best. Then the poster gets a lower mid-ship cabin and spends most of their time on the Lido Deck by the pools or in the buffet. Most people don't spend that much time in their cabins.

I think it's overstated. Our last 2 cruises of 21 and 14 days we had Spa balconies deck 12 forward. We loved it and never felt much movement and slept like babies

Absolutely agree! I’ve had spa cabins on both the Magic and Breeze. Cabins 11225 & 12014, and felt no more movement than usual. Last June I had 8202 (forward) then in October 9461 (aft) and there was no difference in either. {both 2017 cruises were on the Breeze}

The worst room for movement we ever had was second balcony from the back of the ship. It just happened to be deck 6. We had rough seas so I’m honestly not sure how it felt to everyone else but when the boat went up into the wave the boat bounced at the back and did a weird banging noise. It was only the one night that was terrible but I never select s room at the back now because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums