Best way from FLL to Miami

ravenmaniac

we are looking at flying into Fort Lauderdale for our December Miami Cruise. I’m trying to avoid renting a car for one night. What’s the best way to get to Miami from FL? I’d prefer to spend Saturday night in Miami and just get a hotel shuttle or Uber to the cruise terminal Sunday morning.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you look down the board, there are many threads addressing your questions. The usual recommendations are Uber/Lyft or shuttles. However, note that availability goes down and the price of shuttles rises the later in the day you are talking about traveling. Many will stay in FLL, and transfer down the next day.

we are looking at flying into Fort Lauderdale for our December Miami Cruise. I’m trying to avoid renting a car for one night. What’s the best way to get to Miami from FL? I’d prefer to spend Saturday night in Miami and just get a hotel shuttle or Uber to the cruise terminal Sunday morning.

Can I suggest staying in Fort Lauderdale instead (Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites) both great location right next to the Harbor Shopping area with a Publix market, shops and a great place to eat called Duffy's.

You can then use Uber or any of the private shuttle transportation companies to get to POM the morning of your cruise.

My husband and I used Uber X to get from FLL to a hotel near the Miami airport on a Friday evening. The total amount billed to my credit card was $47. I also gave the driver a cash tip. Using Uber was very easy. I opened the App from the airport and put in the address of my hotel. I selected the type of ride I needed. The driver's name and a number appeared on my phone. I sent him a message with a description my me, my husband, and our luggage. He was out front in less than five minutes. I am going to use Uber again from the Miami port to FLL. It's cheaper than a taxi and much faster than using a shuttle service.