Harmony deck 7 or 8? Would you switch?

We currently have a reservation on deck 8 #8206 (port side) on Harmony, which is a hump cabin. I see that deck 7 #7606 (starboard side) which is also a hump cabin, has opened up; same price. I've read that deck 8 seems to be a Cruise Critic favorite but I've also read that starboard side has better views when in port. Which would you take? We've cruised on Oasis & Allure previously in a Boardwalk balcony but thought we'd try an ocean view this time. Thanks so much for you input.

To be all honest, I would not be on deck 8 especially in the back, because there is a high amount of traffic and that deck especially to the aft tends to be really warm from the doors opening and closing as people are going in and out of the Central Park area. The aft elevators around dinner time are quite slow and very busy. I would choose deck 7.

We currently have a reservation on deck 8 #8206 (port side) on Harmony, which is a hump cabin. I see that deck 7 #7606 (starboard side) which is also a hump cabin, has opened up; same price. I've read that deck 8 seems to be a Cruise Critic favorite but I've also read that starboard side has better views when in port. Which would you take? We've cruised on Oasis & Allure previously in a Boardwalk balcony but thought we'd try an ocean view this time. Thanks so much for you input.

The ship will mostly dock on the starboard side, but that does not mean it has a better view. I'd stay on deck 8.

The reason why I don’t like deck 7 is because the Boardwalk sign will block you from going left to right on the ship. You either have to go up deck 8cross- and down deck 7 or 6-cross-up to deck 7to get to your floor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've cruised on Allure three times and we are leaving on Harmony this Saturday. We've always stayed on deck 8 and we love it. We use Central Park to transverse the length of the ship and love to be near Park Cafe for coffee.

I very much Agree with the comment about deck 7 , not being able to go across was very annoying. I choose deck deck 8 for my upcoming Nov harmony cruise BUT I am very worried after the comment on the heat and busyness on deck 8 , our room is 8268 ... right in the opening for the elevators 😱😨

I stayed on deck 7 starboard side last Feb. loved it.

we were facing the shore/port for every stop, Cozumel we were facing the long pier but had a carnival boat on the other side.

fun to watch for pier runners(which my daughter loves)

We just got back from the Harmony and stayed on Deck 8. We loved strolling into Central Park at night to get a glass of wine and listen to the music, strolling into Central Park during the day to be among the greenery--in short, it's great to be that close to such a wonderful part of the ship. And if you're considering any dining packages, you'd be right near most of the specialty restaurants. - Musing About Cruising

We hated deck 7 because of the above mentioned inability to cross from port to starboard because of the Boardwalk sign.

I'm curious. Why did you need to cross from port to starboard on deck 7? Did you have friends on the starboard side? I just don't get why this would be an issue since there is nothing but cabins on Deck 7, so you would head up or down regardless.

To the OP, we stayed in a room just a couple doors down on deck 8 and loved it. Very good location.

I'm curious. Why did you need to cross from port to starboard on deck 7? Did you have friends on the starboard side? I just don't get why this would be an issue since there is nothing but cabins on Deck 7, so you would head up or down regardless.

To the OP, we stayed in a room just a couple doors down on deck 8 and loved it. Very good location.

Not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. We try to use the elevator lobbies with the fewest people waiting, so may choose port or starboard. With deck a deck 7 stateroom nearest to the aft centrum, you lose that choice.

It was generally after a show or when the elevators were busy and when you get off on 7 your not on the correct side with your room. Doesn't seem bad BUT when heading to the bathroom in my room and having to traverse a flight of stairs up then down 🍻 but like someone said on other threads...if this was my only complaint , our cruise and allure ...WAS SPECTACULAR

We have stayed on deck 7 Harmony, deck 7 Oasis and will be staying deck 7 again on Allure this year. After you have been on these ships a while you tend to memorize the shortest path back to your room. I rarely use the elevators so the crossover on deck 7 has not been an issue. We will be on deck 8 on Symphony

One benefit of deck 7 - You can access deck 7 aft rooms from the aquatheatre/rock wall stairway entrances.

I'm curious. Why did you need to cross from port to starboard on deck 7? I just don't get why this would be an issue since there is nothing but cabins on Deck 7, so you would head up or down regardless.

If you are on deck 7 and pick the wrong elevator you won’t be able to access your stateroom since the sign will block you from entering to that side. I pay attention to whether the elevator is in the front of back of the ship so I don’t walk extra but having to also pay attention to wether it’s on the side or left part of the ship is something that I’m not gonna do. There are so many decks why should I pick deck 7 with that sign blocking the stateroom !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums