RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

OTOH, I can easily imagine giving a name to the 350-699 point category. Then they could easily segregate benefits, even major ones, if they wish. Adding benefits and a special name, like D supreme or D max or whatever, might give some guests more incentive to reach for that new level.

I like "Sapphire"....RCI blue! :D :cool:

In my mind you are either D+ or not D+. I don't think they will fragment out the level like that. That's a major benefit to tell some D+ yes and other D+ no.

Me neither,you are D, or D+ until you qualify for the next level.

Diamonds would have no motivation to make D+ if they had to make 350 to get a lounge benefit.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I think they should leave the levels alone. We were happy to make Diamond and don’t abuse the privilege of going to the Lounge, maybe they should limit the time spent there but don’t know how they could. I wonder how many D+ would be happy with this thread if they were still Diamond[emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me neither,you are D, or D+ until you qualify for the next level.

Diamonds would have no motivation to make D+ if they had to make 350 to get a lounge benefit.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I don't think D will travel that much with Royal if the can't get to the DL.

The D's is more then D+.

Everyone offers great deals with perks no reason to go with Royal

The perks is not that much different from D to D+

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I think they should leave the levels alone. We were happy to make Diamond and don’t abuse the privilege of going to the Lounge, maybe they should limit the time spent there but don’t know how they could. I wonder how many D+ would be happy with this thread if they were still Diamond[emoji15]

Exactly… It’s funny how we are back to people who are above the diamond level coming up with all of these “brilliant“ ideas to reduce our benefits.

I don't think D will travel that much with Royal if the can't get to the DL.

The D's is more then D+.

Everyone offers great deals with perks no reason to go with Royal

The perks is not that much different from D to D+

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Disagree! There are other reasons we cruise with RC. Only speaking for us, being able to enjoy the DL or not has absolutely no influence on whether we sail RC or not. We are content with the DL or the three voucher drinks in a lounge of our choice.

Edited by davekathy

Eliminate the FREE booze. On our Charter cruise, no FREE booze in the DL/CL. That didn’t seem to stop those wanting to visit the DL/CL from visiting. We had a great time and the Lounges had just the right amount of people.

No more crowding in the Lounges. Win win for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't see that happening.

New customers is crucial, but so is repeating loyal ones. They won't risk losing existing cruisers.

As the older generation get to the end of their cruising life, a new one follows up with different views and opinions.

Drinks packages are being bought by the younger clientele and diamond level drinks doesn't matter to them. Also, they are the ones who can't loose the house without Wi-Fi. Hence the new drinks package and 1 device deal.

The DL is why I check out RC ships sailings when planning a new vacation. We spend a lot of time there during the day. We like the quiet view and coffee. We also enjoy talking to people who cruise often in the evening. If the DL is in a dark bad part of the ship or D did not have access we would sail on another line or ship.

I heard DL was going to be for D+ over 350 and P’s.

I don’t think P’s will be removed from SL, yet. Interested in seeing what happens with SL/CK on Presidents Cruise September Harmony with an overwhelming number of P’s.

Well we were in CL suite on the Harmony TA. There was something like 200 or maybe it was 300 pinnacles onboard. They provided them other venues like dazzles for drinks and chops for meals but they all seemed to prefer the SL/CK. I can’t blame them since it was their choice. It was way over crowded and many suite guests we talked to were not happy including us. Service was bad b/c the staff was set up for failure. The poor workers were so over worked but always kept a smile. They tried their best but management left them hanging and under staffed.

I escalated my complaint and in the end received a significant future cruise credit. It took a few days for corporate to get back to guest services but on the last day I got a call explaining the resolution. We paid a ton for a CL on that cruise so I felt it was appropriate to let them know they failed miserably in providing us the experience we paid for. That is the only time I have ever complained about much to a level where I would get something like a future cruise credit. I surely wouldn’t pay for a suite on that Presidents cruise.

I agree. I cruise because I like the product.

The loyalty benefit is a bonus. Unfortunately, a lot cruise for what they can get for free.

The DL is why I check out RC ships sailings when planning a new vacation. We spend a lot of time there during the day. We like the quiet view and coffee. We also enjoy talking to people who cruise often in the evening. If the DL is in a dark bad part of the ship or D did not have access we would sail on another line or ship.

Perfect. If more RC cruisers felt the way you do then overcrowding and slow service would no longer be an issue. Thank you.

Pat, re: Willie. You may be thinking of Freedom, where Willie was Concierge for quite a while. I think Rahul replaced him.

Willie played the guitar on most every cruise, and had some original songs that he claimed to have composed.

Gerry

Yeah, that could be. I miss Rahual...loved having him for a concierge. Miss the Freedom bunches also! :o

I wonder who that was that sang and played in the CL on EN? He was very good. Guess it's been too long since EN left, happy to have her come back again...even though for just a short time anyway. :)

Well we were in CL suite on the Harmony TA. There was something like 200 or maybe it was 300 pinnacles onboard. They provided them other venues like dazzles for drinks and chops for meals but they all seemed to prefer the SL/CK. I can’t blame them since it was their choice. It was way over crowded and many suite guests we talked to were not happy including us. Service was bad b/c the staff was set up for failure. The poor workers were so over worked but always kept a smile. They tried their best but management left them hanging and under staffed.

I escalated my complaint and in the end received a significant future cruise credit. It took a few days for corporate to get back to guest services but on the last day I got a call explaining the resolution. We paid a ton for a CL on that cruise so I felt it was appropriate to let them know they failed miserably in providing us the experience we paid for. That is the only time I have ever complained about much to a level where I would get something like a future cruise credit. I surely wouldn’t pay for a suite on that Presidents cruise.

And I have nothing against pinnacles, RCL should have planned it out better to avoid the massive over crowding. Some suite guests payed 20-30k or more for that cruise. You can’t just let the sl and ck be over crowded when you advertise the suite benefits like they do.

Disagree! There are other reasons we cruise with RC. Only speaking for us, being able to enjoy the DL or not has absolutely no influence on whether we sail RC or not. We are content with the DL or the three voucher drinks in a lounge of our choice.

Me too! On Freedom we only used the CL for coffee or an occasional after dinner drink. We loved the DL on that ship as our social area, and still fondly remember the "Diamond Event" in the Star Lounge.

The problem of course is the crowding issue going on with the DLs now. It's pretty bad on Oasis...even with that big two level lounge. Can't imagine what it's like on Harmony! :o It was unreal on Brilliance, even with the entire VCL as an overflow.

Will be interesting to see how it working out on Rhapsody tomorrow.

Edited by island lady

And I have nothing against pinnacles, RCL should have planned it out better to avoid the massive over crowding. Some suite guests payed 20-30k or more for that cruise. You can’t just let the sl and ck be over crowded when you advertise the suite benefits like they do.

D+ lose the CL...could be coming that the Ps will lose the SL unless they are in a full suite?