RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Not sure what you are saying here but it is what is going to happen once Radiance hits Alaska. 😏. It’s happening across the fleet, like it or not - Miami decides.

Cheers

Di

Pat is commenting that you rarely find a lot of upper tier C&A members on an Alaska sailing.

So no need to open an overflow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Pat is commenting that you rarely find a lot of upper tier C&A members on an Alaska sailing.

So no need to open an overflow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That is exactly why they are implementing it in Alaska as opposed to the circumnavigation in Australia where the DL is packed.

Cheers

Di

Just back from 10 day Serenade cruise. With over 350 D&D+, total available seating in DL was 34. Long waits for drinks each night as well as almost zero seating. We all asked why the door connecting the Vortex lounge with DL was not opened to create a normal overflow area (this was done each night on this same ship back in 2015 NE cruise).

The diamond concierge said it was "corporate decision to keep this door shut".

I have never experienced such an overcrowded DL in all the cruises we have taken as diamonds. Most others we talked to agreed.

Needless to say, there were a lot of pissed off guests each night. Most of them got so frustrated they left and used their sea pass drinks elsewhere.

Now I don't have a problem with the 3 free sea pass drinks.....however, as diamonds, the DL experience is important for meeting old friends and socializing in your own private lounge. This is what loyal customers pay their money on and expect a consistent corp. policy (providing adequate overflow areas with proper personnel).

Please, chime in diamond members if you have had similar recent DL issues.

I would hate to think corporate is modifying their DL policy to put profit over loyalty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Family caring prevents us now from long distance travel but i wish we could join you all because you sound like great people and great fun.

Hope you all have a fantastic time.

Graham.

Thanks...and we would love to have you join us as well! :)

It is indeed something we have to face with aged parents. My Mom passed, as did Bucky's Dad in the last couple of years. Fortunately his Mom (happy in her assisted care facility) and my Dad (happily still living on his own) are doing well..though we know the time is coming...as it does to us all.

Not sure what you are saying here but it is what is going to happen once Radiance hits Alaska. ��. It’s happening across the fleet, like it or not - Miami decides.

Cheers

Di

On my last Alaska B2B cruise, we were #2 cruiser with just over 350 points on the return leg. We were tied for second place with another couple. Just one Pinnacle on board was number one. The DL was so empty that we used the CL just to be able to talk to other people on board. On the leg from Seward, we just missed being number three by a few points. Three couples with over 400 points, but no Pinnacles.

A few years before that we were #3 with just over 200 points.

How many time have you done the Radiance Alaska one way trips from Seward to Vancouver and back? :confused:What were your upper tier numbers on those cruises?

Just wondering why few pinnacles and high ranking D+ select not to sail Alaska??

Do many just enjoy warm weather sailing, or doing TA's.

Is it because it is seasonal cruising or the cost?

Just wondering.

Safe travels.

Just wondering why few pinnacles and high ranking D+ select not to sail Alaska??

Just wondering.

Safe travels.

Cost, not only the cruise itself, but airfare..over night...transfers...etc. Mostly young families with lots of children on those cruises. Which could be another factor. ;)

Not having a overflow is fairly new policy. When was your Navigator Cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

Last Spring on Navigator they had to open C&A for there were too many diamonds on trip from Miami to Aruba, etc.

they were checking cards at elevator.

Thanks...and we would love to have you join us as well! :)

It is indeed something we have to face with aged parents. My Mom passed, as did Bucky's Dad in the last couple of years. Fortunately his Mom (happy in her assisted care facility) and my Dad (happily still living on his own) are doing well..though we know the time is coming...as it does to us all.

1520792055046.thumb.jpg.fab0575efaa4afbebb4f26a186fa05ac.jpg

Thanks.

We have several 3 night holidays booked for this year because Pauline doesn't want to be away from home to long

We are currently in our favourite hotel in Spain and brought our niece and her partner with us for Pauline's birthday.

[ATTACH]416129[/ATTACH]

Thanks.

We have several 3 night holidays booked for this year because Pauline doesn't want to be away from home to long

We are currently in our favourite hotel in Spain and brought our niece and her partner with us for Pauline's birthday.

Yet another nice photo! Thanks for sharing. :)

BTW: Love the little wine bottle holder on the table too!

On my last Alaska B2B cruise, we were #2 cruiser with just over 350 points on the return leg. We were tied for second place with another couple. Just one Pinnacle on board was number one. The DL was so empty that we used the CL just to be able to talk to other people on board. On the leg from Seward, we just missed being number three by a few points. Three couples with over 400 points, but no Pinnacles.

How many time have you done the Radiance Alaska one way trips from Seward to Vancouver and back? :confused:What were your upper tier numbers on those cruises?

On our explorer cruise this past summer there were abput 45 d and d+ no pinnacles. At the top tier party, highest cruiser had under 400 points. D lounge barely had 15 people during happy hour. You could find a seat any time of day. I felt sorry for the 2 d servers every night as it was so empty.

Will see how it is next summer when we board ovation and then board radiance northbound.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

On our explorer cruise this past summer there were abput 45 d and d+ no pinnacles. At the top tier party, highest cruiser had under 400 points. D lounge barely had 15 people during happy hour. You could find a seat any time of day. I felt sorry for the 2 d servers every night as it was so empty.

Will see how it is next summer when we board ovation and then board radiance northbound.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Yeah, I felt sorry for the servers in the DL and the DL concierge on Radiance Alaska also. Actually apologized for not frequenting that empty lounge. We just happen to really like the half circle bar in the CL on Radiance class anyway, and had more pax to socialize with.

The Alaska cruises are still my favorite. :D

Just wondering.

Safe travels.

Cost

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was similar on the Explorer out of Seattle. We did 4 of them last summer. On one of them they combined the 340+ meal with an officer and the Pinnacle meal. There were a total of 6 of us. The other 4 were P's 2 of them had 2 P's and one of them had none.

Just wondering.

Safe travels.

Cost, not only the cruise itself, but airfare..over night...transfers...etc. Mostly young families with lots of children on those cruises. Which could be another factor. ;)

I agree it is probably cost. Traditionally Alaska cruises have carried premium prices and high port costs on top of the travel expenses

Traditionally we could fly to Florida and cruise for about the same cost as cruising to Alaska with no air involved.

Although the number of families has increased there are still relatively fewer kids than warm weather cruises.

I am curious if anyone here has experienced the Rhapsody in Europe. I expect that the last couple sailings before the TA would have higher numbers but are there very many D+ and P's on the sailings during the season?

We were on Rhapsody in October 2016 for a 10-night cruise out of Venice. They opened up a small portion in the back of Shall We Dance as overflow. During a TA in April 2017, they closed off all of Shall We Dance for the overflow. We never felt crowded either time.

It isn't about the numbers in Alaska. They felt it was better to implement it in Alaska so that by the time it did the Vancouver to Honolulu and then Honolulu to Sydney cruises which always attracts many Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles (more D and D+) it will not come as a shock to them that the tiny Diamond Lounge is all they will have.

Cheers

Di

We are still in Maine until October...otherwise...yeah September has some great cruising rates also.

Enjoy your cruise Sherri! :D

Too bad -- we got decent prices for the cruise.

We will definitely enjoy. Will be our first time on HM but will miss OA's large DL.