RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

We saw the MSC "something" (can't remember the name of it), and it was THE most butt-ugly ship I have ever seen in 44 years of cruising. From the side it did look like an apartment housing project building, but the back end was horrible. It had this huge shiny "thing" running all the way down the back of the ship in the middle, vertically. It made the back of the ship look like a giant floating refrigerator!!

********************************************************************************

On the Rhapsody now, and we tried the Diamond Lounge the first night. It was a congested mess, with the line-up to get drinks, the servers not knowing who was next in line, food picked over, tables not cleared off. The servers were just overewhelmed.

We have gone to the Concierge Lounge every night. If the seating gets to mostly full, the Concierge opens up the end door out to the Viking Crown, puts up a rope out there, and doubles the seating. He's really on top of it.

Views from both Diamond and Concierge Lounges are beautiful, it's just on this sailing there are many more D's than D+'s and P's.

Wait, have you seen the NCL EPIC. LOL

We don't like the ship stuff at all. We just bring our own shampoo, conditioner and soap from home with us. We don't like the smell of L'Occitane items.

The L'Occitane stuff my wife brings home and gives to her co workers. From our last trip with you in oct, she brought back a nice size bag of that shampoo, conditioner, etc and her co workers were more than happy to take it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We gather up all the various items from hotel stays and any ships items that we don't use and give them to a homeless shelter back home.

When I saw them they were the small hotel size bottles, maybe a little bigger at 2-3 oz. Definitely not the larger 12-16 oz size bottles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe the bottles I saw in the CL were in the range of 10-12 ounce.

Me, I am a Dove soap and use this Paul Mitchell shampoo my wife buys. Since I sport very short almost bald top, a little shampoo goes a long way. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My better half uses the white bottles that the ship calls upgrades. What hair I have left is short enough to not bother. I just use the all in one stuff hanging on the wall in the dispenser,

We saw the MSC "something" (can't remember the name of it), and it was THE most butt-ugly ship I have ever seen in 44 years of cruising. From the side it did look like an apartment housing project building, but the back end was horrible. It had this huge shiny "thing" running all the way down the back of the ship in the middle, vertically. It made the back of the ship look like a giant floating refrigerator!!

********************************************************************************

On the Rhapsody now, and we tried the Diamond Lounge the first night. It was a congested mess, with the line-up to get drinks, the servers not knowing who was next in line, food picked over, tables not cleared off. The servers were just overewhelmed.

We have gone to the Concierge Lounge every night. If the seating gets to mostly full, the Concierge opens up the end door out to the Viking Crown, puts up a rope out there, and doubles the seating. He's really on top of it.

Views from both Diamond and Concierge Lounges are beautiful, it's just on this sailing there are many more D's than D+'s and P's.

Sounds like Seaside.

1522341156409.thumb.jpg.ef4c9f4c1a2333914d8f82944d835c14.jpg

Sent from my LG-D415 using Forums mobile app

1522341145372.thumb.jpg.bb0be3bffef76335e72c5746b5a73283.jpg

We were on Rhapsody last October, a small area of the Shall We Dance Lounge was roped off and used as an overflow for the DL. Never really saw anyone using it.

We gather up all the various items from hotel stays and any ships items that we don't use and give them to a homeless shelter back home.
Good idea. Will be doing this from now on with our hotel stays and cruises.
I believe the bottles I saw in the CL were in the range of 10-12 ounce.
Hmmm...don't remember them being that big. They were pretty small hotel size bottles from what i remember. Maybe someone that has sailed more recently can chime in (stanmelb)? I can confirm in oct but that is a few months off.

Good idea. Will be doing this from now on with our hotel stays and cruises. Hmmm...don't remember them being that big. They were pretty small hotel size bottles from what i remember. Maybe someone that has sailed more recently can chime in (stanmelb)? I can confirm in oct but that is a few months off.

We have sailed in Crown Lofts 15 times and once in an Owners Suite the past 24 months. This was on all 3 Oasis Class ships. We also had the small 1.7 fluid ounce bottles on every cruise.

I have to disagree with your description of MSC Seaside, but then again that often happens from those who are loyal to a particular cruise line. Then again, look at NCL Epic, however, as I'm not hanging off the side of the ship I'm sailing on, its the inside that I'm bothered about, the appearance and comfort provided for us, the guests.

Having experienced MSC, I can say inside they are stunning, more so in most cases than the dated looks of some of the older RCI ships. P&O have dull and in most cases dated interiors and Carnival, wow, very tacky on initial impression. NCL modern and bright. Celebrity, fantastic, just wow.

Being able to find a comfortable space is paramount and this is sometimes a challenge on RCI due to the changes being made on older ships to accommodate more guests in more cabins with the resulting loss of public space.

I think Royal Caribbean should devote one entire deck for giving away free drinks and food. Each C & A tier should have their own lounge and the quality of the alcohol and food should served there correspond with its status. Pinnacles would get caviar and opus one while gold members would get canned sardines and ripple.

:'):'):')

I think Royal Caribbean should devote one entire deck for giving away free drinks and food. Each C & A tier should have their own lounge and the quality of the alcohol and food should served there correspond with its status. Pinnacles would get caviar and opus one while gold members would get canned sardines and ripple.

I think you may find something in this thread that matches your suggestion. https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2561567&highlight=flaunting+my+status

No real loss for us.

For us, with the exception of the Allure and Oasis ( never been on Quantum class) there is no difference between many CL and DL. In fact some ships ( Freedom class) have a much better DL than CL. We do prefer the CL on Radiance class because we like to sit at a bar. But many of the ships have the same offerings at the DL and CL.

So far, RCCL has promised me a lounge and cocktails, and they have delivered. I don't care what is it called and who has access. I shared a CL with D+, Suite and Pinnacle. I share a DL with D+ and Diamonds. I can only be at one lounge at a time so having just one is no issue for us. Perhaps I am not too bothered because we don't use the lounges that much in the evenings.

Enjoy

M

Wouldn't matter to me either to use DL or CL..but the problem (as is supposed to be the theme of this thread) is that the crowding has become an issue. So much so, you can't even find a seat on many occasions.

Eliminating the CL, eliminating the overflow, making the DL smaller on the largest ships. Not helping the crowding issue at all.

I happen to really enjoy using the lounges for happy hour before dinner, and I know I am not alone. Being pushed out due to crowding...that is indeed a problem for many of us. We are slowly losing something that we used to enjoy because of this.

Edited by island lady

Hate that stuff. Stinky. Only like the soap.

When we could get it still we asked for the white tubes instead.

So far, have not had a problem getting the soaps, but I only ask for 2-3 all week. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Dislike those tiny "hotel" soaps. :(

I always toss in a full bar of soap from home to use in the shower (the supplied baby bars I use at the sink). Plus I bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

I really thought they would start enforcing it after someone fell down the stairs leaving CL on Brilliance. He was two fisted

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I broke my foot on Brilliance (unfortunately first night! :o:eek:) but that was going into the CL. Beware of the uneven flooring that goes from marble to carpet, especially for us ladies wearing dressy strappy sandals. :( :o

Was on Rhapsody last month. Same thing, as concierge opened the overflow roped off area every night for the CL.

The DL also had an overflow in use, and the actual bar was set up in the overflow that is the "Shall we Dance" lounge. It was never busy and always plenty of seats. Amazing what a month later will do. :o Were they using Shall we Dance as overflow on your cruise?

Wouldn't matter to me either to use DL or CL..but the problem (as is the theme of this thread) is that the crowding has become an issue. So much so, you can't even find a seat on many occasions.

Eliminating the CL, eliminating the overflow, making the DL smaller on the largest ships. Not helping the crowding issue at all.

I happen to really enjoy using the lounges for happy hour before dinner, and I know I am not alone. Being pushed out due to crowding...that is indeed a problem for many of us. We are slowly losing something that we used to enjoy because of this.

You haven’t lost anything. You still have at least one lounge. Look at what you have gained, thousands of new Diamonds and new possible friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We started sailing Celebrity Equinox, Silhouette ... this past year. Did it because of the long southern carribean itinerary. But I have to say... they allow Diamond members to have their Elite benefits. They have a cocktail hour in their sky lounge... which is huge... holds everyone comfortably and has fabulous view... reminds me of the Viking Lounge on the smaller Royal ships. Now Celebrity is owned by Royal... so they may follow suite... but if Royal doesn't have a solution for Diamond... we might just switch to Celebrity. Loved getting to know other cruisers... and frankly learning more about other ships and upcoming cruises. It benefits the company... and the cost is minimal in terms of real costs. If they make this change and the internet change... there is no real need for my loyalty. I had been afraid of change... but loved the Celebrity experience... and with this chipping away... I am thinking about trying MSC Seaside... why not...

Wouldn't matter to me either to use DL or CL..but the problem (as is supposed to be the theme of this thread) is that the crowding has become an issue. So much so, you can't even find a seat on many occasions.

I am always in full agreement with you regarding the lounges.

I was in an Aspire VIP airport lounge in Newcastle airport and it had 2 sections.

1 was a standard lounge with basic food and a small range of drinks and another section cost more and had more facilities,better food and full bar.

I thought on the Oasis class with one lounge this would be a good idea for D+ and P to have this lounge within a lounge and Diamond the rest of the lounge but D+ and P could still use either part of this lounge.

This would be a compensatory concept for the loss of a CL access for D+