Beach front cabana problems.

Lmm79

Trying to book a cabana for my family of 4. In case it matters we have two conncecting rooms.

When I go the cruise planner it asks me to name the number of persons and then charges me per person rather than per cabana. So it wants 1k for the cabana.

I called to ask and got someone who couldn’t pull my reservation up so he couldn’t help me. He also said he couldn’t hear me. He told me to just book it with one person in the cabana.

When I asked about having the right number of wristbands and tender tickets he didn’t know what I was talking about

When we booked Labadee cabana we didn’t have these problems.

Frustrated. Any insight? Will I have a problem if I just book the cabana for one? Thanks

Book it for one person and then see the Shore Excursion people on board to get the wristbands, if necessary.

We have never gotten the wristbands onboard...they were given out once on shore at the cabana entrance. This sounds like another online/CSR glitch...I agree book it for one person. Or the OP should call back and speak to someone else....sad how this always works .

We have never gotten the wristbands onboard...they were given out once on shore at the cabana entrance. This sounds like another online/CSR glitch...I agree book it for one person. Or the OP should call back and speak to someone else....sad how this always works .

Isn't it interesting that if someone follows the website and enters the number of people, they get overcharged? Just incredible how virtually every website/IT issue ends up overcharging people.

We booked a Beach Bungalow on CocoCay last march. The bungalows are good for 6 people. We went through the same ordeal last year. I ended up just booking for my wife (One person) since she would get there first as the kids and I had a Scuba excursion first thing in the morning. There was no problem with all five of us being in the bungalow. In fact the previous evening to our CocoCay visite, a gentleman came to our table at Wonderland and took our order/preferences for lunch delivery in the bungalow.

dp

We booked a Beach Bungalow on CocoCay last march. The bungalows are good for 6 people. We went through the same ordeal last year. I ended up just booking for my wife (One person) since she would get there first as the kids and I had a Scuba excursion first thing in the morning. There was no problem with all five of us being in the bungalow. In fact the previous evening to our CocoCay visite, a gentleman came to our table at Wonderland and took our order/preferences for lunch delivery in the bungalow.

dp

Very nice ... delivered lunch. .... Not just the buffet like on Labadee when booking their cabanas ?

Very nice ... delivered lunch. .... Not just the buffet like on Labadee when booking their cabanas ?

Yup. It was not fine cuisine, but I remember having the Shrimp Ceviché. There were also salads, burgers and pita sandwiches if I recall. It's almost a year ago now so some of the smaller details are getting fuzzy :confused:

dp

Yup. It was not fine cuisine, but I remember having the Shrimp Ceviché. There were also salads, burgers and pita sandwiches if I recall. It's almost a year ago now so some of the smaller details are getting fuzzy :confused:

dp

You mentioned bungalow. Not cabana, correct. Are bungalows down by beach beds. Lunch came from the food truck?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We have a bungalow reserved in Labadee for our February Oasis cruise. When we purchased it, the limit was 8 guests. Now that the limit has been lowered to 6, I hope we are not going to get a hassle for 7 (4 adults and 3 kids).

If it's at Nellies it won't be an issue

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Book it for one person and then see the Shore Excursion people on board to get the wristbands, if necessary.

I thought they corrected that problem. At least I think they did with the beach beds at Coco Cay. Well, this is another reason why cruise critic is a great place. I hope nobody actually paid $1000 for one of those cabanas.