What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

Things I described about Carnival happened in 2005 on brand new Liberty. It wasn’t a 2-3 days cruise and booze, but Thanksgiving week cruise, when large families meet onboard, many kids too. I wasn’t planning to attend these events, but it was right there by main pool.

I didn’t feel comfortable even though my son was at teens club at that time.

Also I understand that many different people sail with Carnival, but in some reason out of all groups for every line (we sail with 8 Princess, Celebrity, Holland, Royal, Norwegian, MSc , Carnival and recently Cunard) On Facebook.... things that I read in Carnival groups are never discussed in others. Maybe it is just coincidence, which I prefer to think after each occurrence.... but it happens and happens, and happens. No... I don’t think Carnival is a party company and people sail with them to drink in excess, but atmosphere is a bit different than on RCCL, and RCCL isn’t even as refined as Celebrity or Princess.

LOL- have you read this thread?? Some of the posts I have read here I have never seen happen on Carnival. And maybe I have seen some things on Carnival that were strange, although I can't think of any of the top of my head. A lot of people including yourself go on many different cruise lines, so you are refined when you go on RCI, Celebrity and Princess but the minute you step on a Carnival ship you are unrefined? :confused:

Big assumptions. Or maybe since dinner has a scheduled time, the cruiser didn't have much of a choice? Sure, normally you would just go to dinner later and get the work done, but when you have to be there at a certain time, you may have to do what you have to do. Which means getting work done. Nice that you are so judgmental that you would consider this person a loser when you have absolutely no idea what they were doing or how important it may or may not have been.

Though I guess if someone else at another random table having a laptop in front of them is the rudest thing these cruisers have seen, then they have a pretty solid history of great cruises without the slightest bit of rudeness from other passengers.

b2888e092153b16f345f28daa33a52bd.jpg

Sorry I felt I needed to share this .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't one end 'pinched' off and filled with a dessert type filing?

Yes and still done in Cornwall, used to be traditional for the tin miners, and often done for farmers ploughing the fields all day.

You have to be careful which end you start.

On Brilliance in the Solarium, older gent in speedos goes into the shower armed with shampoo, lathers up and goes to town with his hands down the trunks. Amusing rather than rude.

He could be classed an exhibitionist.

Everyone has a shower in their cabin so absolutely no excuse for this.

On the Anthem now, 1000 kids onboard. Some of the parents are the rudest I’ve seen. They are the only folks unaware their kiddies are behaving so badly. :eek:

I sympathize with you.

What chance have the kids got of learning respect when their parents are acting in such an irresponsible manner.

I'm glad the worst things I've seen don't even come close to some that are on this post. We usually sail on Royal. Last year we sailed on Celebrity and Royal and they both have their pros and cons, but I certainly didn't find a more "refined" group of passengers on Celebrity than on Royal. We are a multi generational family that travel together and we save our money to be able to go on a cruise together only once a year, most years. Last year, we had 23 to 65 years old in our family. We are what is considered blue collar...teachers, law enforcement, govt. worker. We are Diamond on Royal, so when we sail on Celebrity, we are Elite status. Maybe there are a lot more cruisers on Celebrity with more money than on Royal or Carnival because their demographic is older and in part because the families usually gravitate to a line with more activities for the kids. I've heard some heartwarming stories from people on both cruiselines. Some had been given a gift of their first cruise by their grown children because they had never had the money to go on one and had always dreamed about a cruise. Some were spending the cruise with family celebrating surviving cancer. We took a dear Aunt with us on one of our cruises because she had stage 4 cancer and loved cruising. We knew this was going to be the last trip she would be able to physically make. She didn't want to sit on the balcony. She wanted to be out on the pool deck, getting a fruity drink and enjoying all the chaos around her and laughing with the crowd. We sat at breakfast in the MDR one morning listening to two of the most self-absorbed and boring couples I've ever encountered, discussing their stock portfolios and investment properties, making fun of the people that they had encountered that worked and lived paycheck to paycheck that shouldn't be spending their money on a cruise. Please be mindful when you talk about how "refined" people choose Celebrity. You can find people on both lines that aren't your cup of tea. I saw people on Celebrity touching the food on the buffet with their bare hand after adjusting their bikini bottom, under their cover-up. We saw a woman who constantly boasted about how "refined" it was on Cunard reach across with the fork she had been eating with to snag a roll out of the bread basket. I'd prefer watching a Hairy Leg contest to that. People from all walks of life can be found on all the cruise lines today and you never know the story behind some of these people on a cruise with you.

I'm glad the worst things I've seen don't even come close to some that are on this post. We usually sail on Royal. Last year we sailed on Celebrity and Royal and they both have their pros and cons, but I certainly didn't find a more "refined" group of passengers on Celebrity than on Royal. We are a multi generational family that travel together and we save our money to be able to go on a cruise together only once a year, most years. Last year, we had 23 to 65 years old in our family. We are what is considered blue collar...teachers, law enforcement, govt. worker. We are Diamond on Royal, so when we sail on Celebrity, we are Elite status. Maybe there are a lot more cruisers on Celebrity with more money than on Royal or Carnival because their demographic is older and in part because the families usually gravitate to a line with more activities for the kids. I've heard some heartwarming stories from people on both cruiselines. Some had been given a gift of their first cruise by their grown children because they had never had the money to go on one and had always dreamed about a cruise. Some were spending the cruise with family celebrating surviving cancer. We took a dear Aunt with us on one of our cruises because she had stage 4 cancer and loved cruising. We knew this was going to be the last trip she would be able to physically make. She didn't want to sit on the balcony. She wanted to be out on the pool deck, getting a fruity drink and enjoying all the chaos around her and laughing with the crowd. We sat at breakfast in the MDR one morning listening to two of the most self-absorbed and boring couples I've ever encountered, discussing their stock portfolios and investment properties, making fun of the people that they had encountered that worked and lived paycheck to paycheck that shouldn't be spending their money on a cruise. Please be mindful when you talk about how "refined" people choose Celebrity. You can find people on both lines that aren't your cup of tea. I saw people on Celebrity touching the food on the buffet with their bare hand after adjusting their bikini bottom, under their cover-up. We saw a woman who constantly boasted about how "refined" it was on Cunard reach across with the fork she had been eating with to snag a roll out of the bread basket. I'd prefer watching a Hairy Leg contest to that. People from all walks of life can be found on all the cruise lines today and you never know the story behind some of these people on a cruise with you.

Agreed. We took our first Celebrity cruise last month. Very nice but we didn't think the food was any better or the people more "refined". We did like being on a ship with less kids though. (Nothing against kids but we've "been there, done that" and prefer more adult activities). Having said that, I like how RCI handles the kids programs.

re Current Anthem cruise

Not to excuse poor behavior from anyone but a thousand children ,any children, makes for a tough cruise.

My sole similar experience was on Carnival's Glory . At two per cabin, the cruise was over 120% of full occupancy . Still have shivers thinking about it.:eek:

Classic! I think I need to start doing this. My favorite thing to do to rude cell phone users is; when people are in a public restroom talking on their phone, I flush the toilet. And then I do it again...and again...and again. I want the person on the other end of the phone to know that they are being talked to from a restroom while the other person is "doing their business".

Or loudly exclaim, "WOW, I would NEVER talk to someone while I was taking a D**P."

Same idea

Dual citizenship for us was about making sure we didn’t have to up and leave our entire lives behind if the immigration laws were suddenly changed, or some crazy situation arose that caused us to lose status (it doesn’t take much). But I can’t say we plan to stay in America forever, we are travelers and go wherever the next adventure takes us. Having British citizenship, before Brexit at least, meant that we could go anywhere in Europe without needing to get a visa or work permit, a rule we have made full use of in the past.

Where in Europe have you needed a visa on a US passport where one was not required for a UK passport?

Work permits, yes, but as a tourist?

1. At a show, a family with two small children sat in the front row. During the entire show (which featured a singer/performer), the children jumped off the side stairs of the stage. The entire time. Their parents just sat in the front row and watched. The children were maybe 3-5 years old and jumping from a pretty tall height. The parents were not concerned. It was extremely distracting.

2. One night around 9-10 pm, there were three children sitting in one of the elevators, just riding up and down, for about an hour. This prevented pretty much anyone else from using that elevator (maybe 1-2 adults could still fit but no one else and certainly no wheelchairs or scooters). Clearly they needed something productive to do.

I thought of two more, and of course they involve kids and the buffet.

1. A little boy was playing in the buffet during the very busy lunch hour. He had a toy car and was using the section where you normally would place your plate or tray as "lanes" for his car, running his car up and down all sections of the buffet. He was far too young to be by himself but of course, his parents were nowhere to be seen.

2. A little girl (again, far too young to be on her own) was serving herself from the buffet. She was really too short to do so and of course, the parents were nowhere to be seen. She served herself a spoonful of fruit salad but I guess she didn't like strawberries so she proceeded to pick all of the strawberries off her plate and literally throw them back into the large serving bowl. It was disgusting to watch.