Will we all (19) sit together or close by for dinner.

ggg196078

As long as the bookings are all "LINKED", you should have no problem with sitting with, or at least near each other. Make sure that you're all asking for the same sitting as well! (Early, or Late) Once again, the main thing is to have your travel agent to link all of the bookings.

"SKY"

I was in a group of 13 on the Glory over Thanksgiving. We had Anytime Dining (or whatever Carnival calls it). We only tried to sit together a couple of the nights because we know a large party is really difficult for the staff. We did have to wait maybe 30 minutes for tables after checking in. We were given two large round tables somewhat close to each other. Bigs kids sat at one and adults and small kids sat at the other. We also made sure to tip extra to the waiter dealing with the older kids' table.

If you have traditional dining and have your reservations linked, you'll likely have a similar set up; i.e. tables near each other.

We have cruised over the last 3 years, at different timeS of the year with large groups. 2015, 18 people, we had 3 table next to each other , 2016, 22 people, had 2 12 top tables next to each other, this past summer we had 11 people and the first night we had separate tables but they moved us. We did not link together for some reason prior to the cruise. This past thanksgiving we had 10 and anytime dining, we sat together each night with minimal wait. The other times we had assigned late dining, this was my first year doing anytime dining and I think I will continue even with big parties. Sometimes you have to wait or have the table split up. We use the main dining room most nights on the cruise, we usually take 1 night off on a seven day and we will start doing 1 night at the steakhouse as we recently discovered how great it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On one of our cruises there was a family reunion of 20 people seated next to us at late seating. They were given 2 side by side long tables for 10 each. The teenagers seemed to claim the end of one table. The younger kids and the adults moved around to sit in different seats visiting with different family members on different evenings.

Once all of them knew where the tables were after the first night nobody had to wait for anyone else in the lobby - they just drifted in to the table at their leisure.

It appeared to work well for them.

You will definitely need 2 tables....and you can switch it up or sit in the same seats...whatever you want. Hopefully you're in traditional seating. or there may be long waits for 2 big tables together in ATD......larger groups are HARD to seat!

You will definitely need 2 tables....and you can switch it up or sit in the same seats...whatever you want. Hopefully you're in traditional seating. or there may be long waits for 2 big tables together in ATD......larger groups are HARD to seat!

Larger groups are NOT hard to seat if you give them a little advance warning. We did a family cruise a couple of years ago and had a table for 19 on a couple of nights (They put several tables together) Our wait staff was excellent and the service was efficient. :)

We've traveled with a family group as large as 18. Always link our reservations and get seated together. Configuration of tables differ each year, but that's part of the fun. We rearrange table mates every night. Sometime kids and adults at separate tables, men/women, Uncles and Aunts with nieces and nephews, etc.

Although I admit I avoid sitting next to the senior who refuses to get his hearing aid fixed.