Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

^ she looks to almost as finished as Spectrum which sails in about 3 months. I just noticed that unlike many other recent designs, there's no noticeable hump on the side of the ship - more usable public interior space on cabin decks?

Edited by Biker19

3 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Hopefully they will share for details of the interior spaces including cabins. With booking being open in Febuary people would want to know cabin info at a minimum. 

Me too. I bet they will have at least a computer design of what they'll be like. So much DRAMA on the other threads, I feel like VV is a return to sanity without infighting over the new cabins and performance info.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, eroller said:

The aft end is so much like MSC SEASIDE and the soon to be Project Leonardo with NCL.  I think they were all designed off Fincantieri's Project Mille.    

Interesting observation, ERoller! I'm not familiar with either of those new-builds, but I do find the design of those aft-facing cabins intriguing. 😎

I'm surprised to see that no one has posted about today's email with the information and pictures of the suites.  I actually got that email (actually two of the same email) but looking through these posts it seems I missed getting the November email with the dates that booking will open.  I'm not in the market for a suite and have not ever stayed in a suite so I was curious what others thought about the designs.  If you didn't get the email, the pictures are on the VV website.  

2 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

You posted while I was typing my post.  What did you think of the suites?  I think they look really cool but I wonder if a typical suite level cruiser will be impressed.  I just get such a hipster vibe off of everything I see on this ship and I don't see many hipsters cruising...

2 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

You posted while I was typing my post.  What did you think of the suites?  I think they look really cool but I wonder if a typical suite level cruiser will be impressed.  I just get such a hipster vibe off of everything I see on this ship and I don't see many hipsters cruising...

Hahaha! I saw the announcement earlier while at work but couldn't post anything. I think they look very cool and roomy. We need to see some deck plans and dimensions for the cabins. I give them credit for doing something totally different from what I'm use to seeing. I think the colors are nice too. Now let's see what kind of pricing these will be listed at.

Well they certainly look unlike anything we’ve ever seen on a cruise.....I wonder how much it will cost though. Hopefully they will have photos of standard cabins soon. I get the feeling that suite pricing will be eye watering.

11 hours ago, aimee0715 said:

As someone who’s been lucky enough to sail basically only in suites for the last 5 years, my initial response was “purty”!  I basically define “anti - hipster”.

Love the colours, bathroom and outdoor showers.

Pricing is anyone’s guess - Celebrity Edge commanded truly outrageous pricing but they had a LOT of past guests agitating to be the first on board.

Anything is possible - they may go in the opposite direction and underprice the product to get a toehold in the market.

We’ll find out soon enough!  

Did anyone else notice that suite passengers will have access to someone who will assist in packing and unpacking? While I hate packing up the last night I’m not sure I would be able to use this service even if I could afford a suite. It would be so awkward. Unique though - I’ve never seen this service on another cruise.

14 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

Did anyone else notice that suite passengers will have access to someone who will assist in packing and unpacking? While I hate packing up the last night I’m not sure I would be able to use this service even if I could afford a suite. It would be so awkward. Unique though - I’ve never seen this service on another cruise.

Although it's not a service I ever take advantage of, if you have a butler, they will offer to unpack and pack your luggage for you.

20 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

Actually, that IS a service offered to Celebrity's suite guests -- as one of the butler's listed duties. I've never used that particular service. The only way I can find anything, is if I put it away myself!