First time Carnival-what time to arrive at port of Miami?

alwayslisad

You will be assigned a "boarding time" window when you complete your cruise paperwork on the Carnival site. You should abide by this time or they may place you in a "holding" line for passengers who come early

You must select a CHECK IN time, it’s not a boarding time. You will defiantly not be allowed into the terminal until your time. Once in the terminal you go through the check in procedures and given a zone number. When your number is called you board. It all runs very smoothly.

You must select a CHECK IN time, it’s not a boarding time. You will defiantly not be allowed into the terminal until your time. Once in the terminal you go through the check in procedures and given a zone number. When your number is called you board. It all runs very smoothly.

Basically said the same...self explanatory when using the site

As soon as you book your cruise go to "manage my cruise" and complete your docs. When you do that you will be given the opportunity to choose your check-in time. If you wait until the week or two before you cruise (which my daughter did because she did not know about the new Carnival routine which assigns a check-in time) all of the early times will already be chosen and you will end up having to choose a later time. I booked a January 2019 cruise last week and have already done that so I could choose something like 11:00/11:30.

at some point you will get to choose a check in time, but if you choose an early check in, it may affect your boarding time, but there will still be many groups boarded before you, ie; diamond, platinum, faster to the fun etc. You could purchase faster to the fun to get on a little earlier, but it does not always get you onboard that much earlier. but faster to the fun will get you into your room earlier.

Staterooms are generally not ready for you until at least 1.30pm, so as a first time cruiser, I would just check in around 1pm, and by the time you board, your room should be ready, then you can drop off carry ons in your room, and go grab a bite to eat, and by then, the early crowds might have dissipated a little at the buffet, maybe... Unfortunately, on boarding day, the buffet is the only place to eat, so it will be very crowded.

Enjoy your cruise!