Island Rebuilding Fee??

sandpiper

I have heard from someone who just got off the Oasis they are charging a $14.50 per person at each port to aid in the recovery efforts. Is this true? I fee terrible for these people who lost everything, but if RCL just decides to tack this fee without our approval thats wrong

I have heard from someone who just got off the Oasis they are charging a $14.50 per person at each port to aid in the recovery efforts. Is this true? I fee terrible for these people who lost everything, but if RCL just decides to tack this fee without our approval thats wrong

Who, where?

maybe they didn’t know about the daily tips and someone joked that the fee was for island recovery or something, and they believed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was my first thought. Otherwise it would be a huge coincidence that this "fee" is the same exact amount as the daily auto-gratuity

It's actually every day they charge this. Called gratuities where I live

It was Art Modell's idea.

I would have no problem paying the people and the islands have been devastated since the hurricane. I have heard several of islands have raw sewage spilling over.

My two since worth!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Oasis on the 21st, no fee on our SeaPass and as a matter of face we were refunded $1.38pp in Port Fees. Have no clue what they are talking about.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Do you have the cruise compasses and are you able to scan them? Looking for eastern and western as we are going to be doing a b2b and trying to plan some things. I can give you my email to send them to me.

I would have no problem paying the people and the islands have been devastated since the hurricane. I have heard several of islands have raw sewage spilling over.

My two since worth!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why don't you go ahead and send some money down to the islands? You don't need a cruise line to force a contribution.

Just got off the Oasis on the 21st, no fee on our SeaPass and as a matter of face we were refunded $1.38pp in Port Fees. Have no clue what they are talking about.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Interesting. I paid more in fees and taxes than my friend who is going on the exact same cruise. Perhaps you paid more in fees and taxes and got refunded the difference.

If they were right next to the people selling bridges, then yep, it's legit.

Clearly this is the daily gratuity

Your friend is either uninformed or gullible. You, too.

And I mean that in the nicest way. 😉

Interesting. I paid more in fees and taxes than my friend who is going on the exact same cruise. Perhaps you paid more in fees and taxes and got refunded the difference.
Taxes & fees do fluctuate, we tend to book early so maybe they slightly overestimated. We have paid a few bucks on cruises too, just a matter of when ya booked and how it all washes out in the end. But there definitely wasn't a $14.50 charge per day for island rebuilding.

BonVoyage

Dawna