Question on Emerald

Valley Girl of VA

Is there a place on the Emerald where we can leave notes or messages for members of a large group?

What do I need to do when I first board the Emerald - I'm a Princess newbie. I have heard it is the time to make reservations with the Crab Shack but where do I do that? Purser's Desk or is there someone there from the restaurants that I should do it with?

What happens at the Spa on Embarkation Day? Do they have Give Aways or special deals?

Does Emerald have special 2 for 1 drinks daily?

What is trivia like? Is it low keyed like on Celebrity or is it a huge thing like on HAL?

Thanks for your help.

Is there a place on the Emerald where we can leave notes or messages for members of a large group?

What do I need to do when I first board the Emerald - I'm a Princess newbie. I have heard it is the time to make reservations with the Crab Shack but where do I do that? Purser's Desk or is there someone there from the restaurants that I should do it with? When you first board the ship you can pretty much visit all the eating establishments and make reservations; the Crab Shack is located deck 15; it is part of horizon court; during the day it's horizon court and at night it turns into crab shack

What happens at the Spa on Embarkation Day? Do they have Give Aways or special deals? I did not go to spa; but they do run specials

Does Emerald have special 2 for 1 drinks daily? They have a drink of the day which is a lower price than normal

What is trivia like? Is it low keyed like on Celebrity or is it a huge thing like on HAL? Trivia was always crowded. Music Trivia was my fav

Thanks for your help.

I have highlighted my answers in pink. If you have more questions please ask. I was on Emerald Last July. Great ship; great crew; although the crew has most likely moved on to other ships

I have highlighted my answers in pink. If you have more questions please ask. I was on Emerald Last July. Great ship; great crew; although the crew has most likely moved on to other ships

The library is a good place to leave notes for your group

Does Emerald have special 2 for 1 drinks daily? They have a drink of the day which is a lower price than normal

No. That's the Platinum Elite lounge.

There's usually a 2 for 1 + $1 at a specific time each day.

The easiest way to leave a message is on your cabin door for all to see or call each cabin in your group and leave a message.

You can also message with the Princess app, but it doesn't "beep" your phone. Everyone has to keep checking for messages.

No. That's the Platinum Elite lounge.

There's usually a 2 for 1 + $1 at a specific time each day.

The easiest way to leave a message is on your cabin door for all to see or call each cabin in your group and leave a message.

You can also message with the Princess app, but it doesn't "beep" your phone. Everyone has to keep checking for messages.

When we were on the Emerald in August 2017 they did indeed had a "drink of the day" that was at a lower price for that day that anyone could have. This was different than the PES lounge drinks.

2 of the days the bartender suggested to me that I get the "drink of the day" as a mocktail on my soda card as he knew the alcohol version would be too strong for me.

We recently did 28 days on Emerald. We had a large and active roll call group and had numerous activities planned. We had a large calendar page that was had been made up and laminated so that it could be written on with dry erase markers (which disappeared a couple of times) and the info was entered and updated on that calendar.

The calendar was kept in the Michelangelo dining room. It was set aside for seating of course but, other than that, we simply went in the back door (the exit right off of the piazza on the starboard side) and the calendar was left on a table right there for us. It was very convenient as everybody knew where to check the calendar and where to post new or revised events. Princess was fine with this arrangement.

We recently did 28 days on Emerald. We had a large and active roll call group and had numerous activities planned. We had a large calendar page that was had been made up and laminated so that it could be written on with dry erase markers (which disappeared a couple of times) and the info was entered and updated on that calendar.

The calendar was kept in the Michelangelo dining room. It was set aside for seating of course but, other than that, we simply went in the back door (the exit right off of the piazza on the starboard side) and the calendar was left on a table right there for us. It was very convenient as everybody knew where to check the calendar and where to post new or revised events. Princess was fine with this arrangement.

Thank you. We have a large and active Roll Call and want to organize some card games, Tai Chi, LRC (os some variation of those letters), etc. Some of those, like the card games, may be last minute and I wasn't sure where we could post those activities. Guess we need to make up a large calendar like tou did. That was a great idea.

The spa does have giveaway session on embarkation day. We always have fun with the ship-wide treasure hunt as it helps us re-familiarize us with the ship. The hunt always includes a stop at the spa where you'll find out when the spa giveaway session is. Typically they give away spa credit, maybe a couple of massage sessions, a makeover session. You do have to sit through the introduction to the spa staff but it's not as bad as a timeshare presenation!