What's in the blank space between L101 and L102 Royal Princess?

hickmald

Hi all.

We currently have L101 and L102 on the Royal booked for our family for the British Isles this summer, and am really looking forward to the view (even if it will be chilly out there!) L103 and L104 at last check were still available, and as a result, I'm second guessing our decision to take the two middle cabins with that mystery space between them, rather than L101 and L103, or L102 and L104 I like to be right next to the teens' room just in case they get cabin fever and start getting silly and I can stop it before they bother someone.

Does anyone know what exactly that particular blank area is used for? Stewards' space? Storage? Emergency crew stairwell?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

You will be still right next door with balcony. It is a mechanical space. Balcony is super huge. And forward facing is awesome. We have stayed in L102 and twice on the Marina deck M101 and the ...as I call it the heliport Mack daddy MINI M108. You will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

Probably equipment for the cabins. The central collection and distribution point services. Similar to water and electrical services. The space behind L124 and L125 would a crew area for store , crew elevator and emergency stair way for passengers

Thanks so much for the quick replies! The extra balcony space is definitely a huge draw for us, and thanks for pointing out the adjoining balconies. That makes all the difference for me - that will let me keep my ear out for any escalations, even with the crew space between!

The blank space on Lido is a fire locker. There will be absolutely no activity there during the cruise that should interfere with your cabin. The plus side is that the balcony ends up being wider than the cabin for L101 and 102.

Those balconies are spectacular. We even hung a hammock out there. It was awesome!! They are wider and longer than a regular balcony and are awesome when coming into and sailing out of ports.

I agree completely but some people will not. We have sailed in L101/102 and M107/108 many times on the Royal/Regal. We feel L101/102 are the best value on the ship and M107/108 are truly spectacular.

However, some people cannot deal with the possible wind issues and the metal plating below the railing on the balcony.

The emergency bridge is actually directly below between M101/102.

Edited by Todd320

I agree completely but some people will not. We have sailed in L101/102 and M107/108 many times on the Royal/Regal. We feel L101/102 are the best value on the ship and M107/108 are truly spectacular.

However, some people cannot deal with the possible wind issues and the metal plating below the railing on the balcony.

The emergency bridge is actually directly below between M101/102.

I have sailed in forward facing cabins a few times now and really do not see the wind as such a huge issue. I am sure some would however. I do know that a few of our friends absolutely hate the metal instead of the see-through panels below the rail. That said. L101 is my favorite cabin of the ones I have had, save for my suite experience. Great value...great viiew...awesome layout...awesome space on the balcony.

• 4 years later...
On 2/2/2018 at 8:07 AM, medsed said:

I have sailed in forward facing cabins a few times now and really do not see the wind as such a huge issue. I am sure some would however. I do know that a few of our friends absolutely hate the metal instead of the see-through panels below the rail. That said. L101 is my favorite cabin of the ones I have had, save for my suite experience. Great value...great viiew...awesome layout...awesome space on the balcony.

Is it true that you cannot be out there while sailing?

12 minutes ago, bellarosie said:

Is it true that you cannot be out there while sailing?

It depends on the wind.  We’ve sailed in L101 many times and found that most of the time you can sit out, but other times it’s just too windy.  However, because the balcony is so large, you can just put the chairs closer to the door under the overhang, and it’s really not so bad.  Views are exceptional.  We love these cabins!