Question re upgrading..not bidding..inside 90 days

PTC DAWG

My question is how will NCL consider letting me upgrade my mini suite for a spa mini suite.

I paid 1399 each for my mini suite cabin, current spa mini suite pricing is 1549...IF I call NCL will they be willing to accept the difference from me for an upgrade? Perks already applied and paid for SDB and UDP.

Escape sailing 4/7.....any comments on the spa access are welcomed too. It seems like it would be a nice retreat..

My question is how will NCL consider letting me upgrade my mini suite for a spa mini suite.

I paid 1399 each for my mini suite cabin, current spa mini suite pricing is 1549...IF I call NCL will they be willing to accept the difference from me for an upgrade? Perks already applied and paid for SDB and UDP.

Escape sailing 4/7.....any comments on the spa access are welcomed too. It seems like it would be a nice retreat..

I would phone, they should give you the upgrade for the price difference of $150pp. With the spa room you get a fancy shower and earthy tone decor, but otherwise the room is essentially the same.

BUT you will be saving at least $49pp as the spa pass is usually at least $199pp, more if you wait to purchase it on board.

As we always get the thermal spa pass this for me would be a no brainer. Love the escape thermal spa, enjoy the snow room!

Normally they are happy to allow you to pay for an upgrade by paying the current price.

No problem. But, technically, you are not upgrading. They allow you to cancel your current booking (even though you are past final payment), and rebook a higher category at the current price with current perks. Make sure to review the perks you have against the current promotion. The perks you have don't automatically transfer because you are technically cancelling your original booking.

No problem. But, technically, you are not upgrading. They allow you to cancel your current booking (even though you are past final payment), and rebook a higher category at the current price with current perks. Make sure to review the perks you have against the current promotion. The perks you have don't automatically transfer because you are technically cancelling your original booking.

I would not say “no problem” necessarily ....For the same week this coming March I switched from a Haven Owners Suite on the Breakaway to the Escape in a Haven Owners Suite which even costs more & because I was past final payment I ended up paying for the 2 of us a huge penalty of over $5000.00. I book directly with NCL also. Yes I could have cancelled under “the no reason clause” and saved some but by cancelling you still have to pay the full amount of the new booking then wait for the paperwork to come fill it out then wait for money to come back on first cruise which I was told could be a minimum of 2 months.

Edited by dlynn0366

I would not say “no problem” necessarily ....For the same week this coming March I switched from a Haven Owners Suite on the Breakaway to the Escape in a Haven Owners Suite which even costs more & because I was past final payment I ended up paying for the 2 of us a huge penalty of over $5000.00. I book directly with NCL also. Yes I could have cancelled under “the no reason clause” and saved some but by cancelling you still have to pay the full amount of the new booking then wait for the paperwork to come fill it out then wait for money to come back on first cruise which I was told could be a minimum of 2 months.

I will be no problem. OP is moving to a higher category on the same ship.

Wow you paid more in penalties than I pay to cruise all year. Being rich must be great.

I upgraded with less than 30 days to sailing with no penalty. We went from an H6 to an H4 because the cost of the H4s had dropped dramatically (owing to excess availability). I was charged an upgrade for only the first two folks, and then, later, when the price dropped again for the H4, my TA got us extra OBC from NCL to compensate for the second price drop (which was certainly a nice gesture from NCL).

Be careful of the upgrade. You may find that the upgraded cabin is available because it is in a poor location (below the buffet or near a very noisy area).

A paid upgrade allows you to choose the stateroom....... you're thinking of a "bid"

Wow you paid more in penalties than I pay to cruise all year. Being rich must be great.

Would not say I was rich but I work full time as a NP, my husband owns a construction company and he works basically 7 days a week doing long hours....we've no children and we have one week a year so we make it count plus we donate quite a lot to local charities. My husband can get sea sick and the weather has not been good coming into NY not to mention it is freezing here so this is why I decided to switch.

But you didn't upgrade, you switched ships. Entirely different situation.

But you didn't upgrade, you switched ships. Entirely different situation.

Point taken but even my NCL PCC fought for me as he felt the penalty was stiff but at the end of the day the ultimate decision was mine and I’m happy with my decision. So moving forward :D