Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

I'm a little late to this party, but just finished skimming all 24 pages. 😛 I followed along from start to finish with Bliss and sailed on her in June. It was too cold and wet the week we went so we didn't spend much time in the outdoor spaces. I share everyone's frustrations with the go-karts and Spice H2O. I love go-karts but not sure in this setting. We weren't able to get a time scheduled and weather also caused problems, my son was disappointed. The loss of Spice has me hesitating a little, we enjoyed it on Getaway. The pools are impossible so not having one was fine with me. We liked to go there just to hang out and have a drink. The Observation Lounge was great for Alaska but I'm thinking we wouldn't go there as much in a warmer climate. I want the full effect of that view, wind in my hair, sun on my face, sound of the water...:) I'll lurk here for a couple more months then I'll decide on a booking. 

I am just imagining what Encore is going to look like in port.  Just WOW.  The hull art is so colorful and in your face.  The go kart track has been extended and goes off the sides of the ship.  And the aft is some colorful sea monster area for laser tag.  Just imagine the gawkers when Encore pulls into port.   Its really going to be something.  

11 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I agree and isn't the Encore going to be the first ship to use the brand new NCL Miami Terminal?  Think that's what's been reported.  

Sounds like fun. 🥂😄🛳️

I think it depends on timing of construction but should definitely be one of the first if not the first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I think it depends on timing of construction but should definitely be one of the first if not the first.

Exactly, which is why I haven't booked flights from MIA > home, although, I'm also thinking of booking the first cruise from the new Miami terminal following the TA.  It's a wait n see situation. It's all good IMO.  

20 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Exactly, which is why I haven't booked flights from MIA > home, although, I'm also thinking of booking the first cruise from the new Miami terminal following the TA.  It's a wait n see situation. It's all good IMO.  

NCL still has a terminal..  Regardless.

So you would only book the cruise if you knew the ship was actually docking at the new terminal??  I'm confused...

17 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

So you would only book the cruise if you knew the ship was actually docking at the new terminal??  I'm confused...

Not answering for the other poster... but I’m hesitant to book my typical flight times out of fear that the Encore TA will be the first ship to sail into the new terminal (as was once announced).  I’m thinking it’ll be a cluster-corona if things aren’t working quite right, with long delays.  

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Not at all, I haven't booked my return flight in case the ship arrives in Miami later than expected.  I've already booked the TA, I haven't decided if I want to book the next cruise (Nov. 17th Caribeeean cruise) as well.  I've also booked a Miami hotel for the 4 days between the first arrival in Miami (scheduled for Nov. 13th) and the next cruise available to the public which, as you know, embarks Nov. 17th.  Just trying to cover my bases. 

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I agree and isn't the Encore going to be the first ship to use the brand new NCL Miami Terminal?  Think that's what's been reported.  

Sounds like fun. 🥂😄🛳️

What terminal??? I thought it was originally going to replace Terminal B and C. If that is true, it won’t be ready for the Encore. 

22 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Not answering for the other poster... but I’m hesitant to book my typical flight times out of fear that the Encore TA will be the first ship to sail into the new terminal (as was once announced).  I’m thinking it’ll be a cluster-corona if things aren’t working quite right, with long delays.  

When RCL opened their new Terminal A, they incorporated the new biometric passport system. If you are traveling with a passport, as fast as you could walk to an exit camera, you were given a green light and walked right on out (no CBP). We were on the first trip on the Symphony (super mega ship) sailing out of the new RCL terminal (next to the NCL terminals). It was the fasted we have ever got off a ship and to the airport (along with 6300 of our new friends)

Edited by BirdTravels

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

What terminal??? I thought it was originally going to replace Terminal B and C. If that is true, it won’t be ready for the Encore. 

They are keeping B&C and turning it into a combined and expanded Terminal C.  The new terminal will be Terminal B upon completion.

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

When RCL opened their new Terminal A, they incorporated the new biometric passport system. If you are traveling with a passport, as fast as you could walk to an exit camera, you were given a green light and walked right on out (no CBP). We were on the first trip on the Symphony (super mega ship) sailing out of the new RCL terminal (next to the NCL terminals). It was the fasted we have ever got off a ship and to the airport (along with 6300 of our new friends)

GOTCHA!  I didn't realize you were on the TA and that's what you meant by not booking a flight from Miami.  Makes so much more sense now.

We're booked on the 24th departure so I'm just hoping everything stays on schedule and on track to keep that date.  Fingers crossed.

Robert

2 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

GOTCHA!  I didn't realize you were on the TA and that's what you meant by not booking a flight from Miami.  Makes so much more sense now.

We're booked on the 24th departure so I'm just hoping everything stays on schedule and on track to keep that date.  Fingers crossed.

Robert

I think you meant to quote me... so yes, I'm hoping everything stays as scheduled as well.  My fingers, and toes are crossed... and if all looks good as we get closer to final payment, I'll pull the trigger on the next cruise too...assuming everything is still ok on the home front. 

Connie

Is it just me, or is there less excitement (and activity) this time around with the Encore?  Maybe this a consequence of the CruiseCritic site changes & less board activity, or maybe NCL just isn’t delivering much “wow”.  What do you think? 

Bumping thread with latest web cam pic...

6E7EF398-AB43-4C0D-A9A8-E6B897FE13CE.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Well, when you watched the Escape and Bliss be built most of this is stuff we’ve all seen before.

With the exception of the Observation Lounge and possibly the pool deck reconfiguration, I’m thinking the Spice H2O change may be the most drastic departure we’ve seen in a few ships.

I suspect there are more surprises to come - both up on deck and in the dining lineup.  I hope, at least. 

13 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Is it just me, or is there less excitement (and activity) this time around with the Encore?  Maybe this a consequence of the CruiseCritic site changes & less board activity, or maybe NCL just isn’t delivering much “wow”.  What do you think? 

The Encore is another breakaway plus ship...i noticed all of the breakaway and breakaway plus ships is very similar and there is no WOW factor that makes them difference. the bliss, joy and encore does have laser tag and go karts..but still, there is not that much interior difference between all of the ships. once you seen one, you pretty much seen them all