your favorite mocktail?

cherryharley

Ok, I just read two dozen posts about mocktails, and I get it that you can order anything you want that the bartender has the ingredients for, but I don't know what I want to try. I'm not a big drinker so I am not familiar with many cocktails, but since i just purchased the Sodas and More package I want to try something new. What virgin drinks are good? (My tequila and OJ wouldn't be quite the same without the alcohol! LOL!)

Yes, there are many many options. Nojito (virgin Mojito) Is probably my favorite But I also really like a lime margarita, lava flow and the princess “Isaac” they all are very yummy mocktails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Virgin drinks to try:

Bloody Mary

Nojito

Pina Colada

Strawberry Daquari

Raspberry Martini (my wife loves these and the best ones tend to be a Crooner's)

For fun ask for a virgin Martini or Screwdriver

Just look at a bar menu and ask for anything on it made without alcohol

On both of our last 2 cruises on Princess we have been told we could only order mocktails on the menu any others were not available and there were only 4-5 mocktails available on the menu.

I *briefly* ran into that problem too, but after talking to the bartenders in several locations, I was able to get any drink virginized. It's all a matter of approach and polite wording (and a tip doesn't hurt either).

Chocolate banana. Sometimes referred to as the dirty banana. Cold and very tasty.

I indulged in the real dirty banana a couple of times, which was quite yummy. I was thinking that a virgin one would be missing some of the flavor because of the ingredients. Was I wrong?

Another yummy one is a combination pina colada/strawberry daiquiri.

On both of our last 2 cruises on Princess we have been told we could only order mocktails on the menu any others were not available and there were only 4-5 mocktails available on the menu.

That simply wouldn't fly with me. I would insist that all mocktails are included and, if I was stonewalled on it, I would go to a supervisor. I wouldn't rant and rave or get all pissed off but would speak with a supervisor calmly and state my case as to the wording on the web site. A supervisor would back me and a memo would go out almost immediately clarifying things with all bar staff. Nowhere is a restriction on type of mocktail specified.

From the Princess site:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

That simply wouldn't fly with me. I would insist that all mocktails are included and, if I was stonewalled on it, I would go to a supervisor. I wouldn't rant and rave or get all pissed off but would speak with a supervisor calmly and state my case as to the wording on the web site. A supervisor would back me and a memo would go out almost immediately clarifying things with all bar staff. Nowhere is a restriction on type of mocktail specified.

From the Princess site:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

They provided mocktails as stated on the website in the bar menu just there was not a great choice and was told in various bars when asked politely as I always speak to the staff like that was told that they were the only ones available and some from previous cruises were missing and not available when asked.

They provided mocktails as stated on the website in the bar menu just there was not a great choice and was told in various bars when asked politely as I always speak to the staff like that was told that they were the only ones available and some from previous cruises were missing and not available when asked.

Weird. Perhaps some of the "named" drinks have been discontinued by Princess and, as a result, the recipes are no longer available to the bartender. It's also possible that your particular ship had a very strict beverage manager. I can't imagine the bartenders wanting to say "no" to any request. After all, they are the ones who have to interact with the passengers.

There were some bartenders on our most recent cruise who had been with Princess for a long time. I'm betting they would have made me anything I asked for but then again they were, ummm..., quite familiar with me. :o

It never hurts to ask - and it seems that you did indeed ask - but don't give up. The next cruise may well have very different "rules". Whatever you do, even if they disallow certain drinks, don't let it ruin your cruise. I'm still somewhat shocked each time we board a ship by the fact that I am even able to cruise at all. Not only am I shocked I'm extremely grateful for my good fortune. If we cruise together at any time look me up and I'll buy a round.

I *briefly* ran into that problem too, but after talking to the bartenders in several locations, I was able to get any drink virginized. It's all a matter of approach and polite wording (and a tip doesn't hurt either).

I always approach and speak to bartenders and in fact all staff politely and with the utmost respect.