Are there American sweets on board?

Ambermark

Odd question I know but since seeing a video of breakfast and seeing they have American cereal, my daughter is very excited about the idea of American sweets to try :rolleyes: Do they sell any American sweets in shops on board (we're on navigator). All the amazing things on board and she's excited about sweets lol.

Thanks guys. :) I think she's thinking about the American sweets she hears mentioned on tv, like sour patch kids, milk duds etc. We live in the U.K. so don't get any of that here :)

Not much of a selection of those types of things. Probably more of those in the ports.

Not sure on your ship...but on Harmony this week they have various candy bars, sour patch kids, Haribo gummy bears and a few other things...

Your post made me remember that Oasis class ships have a candy store on the Boardwalk.

British people call candy ‘sweets’ ;)

I know they sold some candy in the duty free store on Navigator but it was mostly giant Toblerone type stuff. I don’t remember seeing much of anything else unfortunately. Milk Duds are gross anyway!

Not sure of your itinerary, but there is, or used to be, a huge candy store at the port in Grand Cayman.

If you are flying to the US, you should be able to pick up some sweets at the airport, if you are arriving the night before the cruise, there will likely be stores around your hotel that will have candy for your daughter

If you are on your role call thread, there may be someone on that role call who would be willing to bring some sweets to your daughter. I know I would.

Enjoy.

M

Odd question I know but since seeing a video of breakfast and seeing they have American cereal, my daughter is very excited about the idea of American sweets to try :rolleyes: Do they sell any American sweets in shops on board (we're on navigator). All the amazing things on board and she's excited about sweets lol.

at a stupidly ridiculous markup and the candy bars will almost certainly be stale. just by them at the airport Newspaper shops( also a mark up but not as bad as on the ship) or if you are coming in a day early, get a taxi and head to a drug store(chemist) like Walgreens or CVS candy there is plentiful and not heavily overpriced.

or, better yet, go on your room call and arrange a trade. I would love to trade some American candy for REAL Cadbury's or a Jammy Dodger.

I recommend Reeces Pieces and peanut butter cups. I also have an Aussie friend who begs me for boxes of Twinkies every so often.

We're sailing from the uk so no luck with going to shops before leaving :( Great idea about asking on roll call though :) mine is a bit quiet at the moment but it is early :)

Though sadly I don't think there is such a thing as REAL Cadburys anymore, glass and a half of milk in every bar has long gone lol.

Thanks guys. :) I think she's thinking about the American sweets she hears mentioned on tv, like sour patch kids, milk duds etc. We live in the U.K. so don't get any of that here :)

Last year we were on the Liberty, and if my memory is correct they did have some sour gummy watermelon candies (similar to Sour Patch Kids). Surprised my daughter didn't get them, she chose Swedish Fish instead (another one of her favorites).

SaveSave

We're sailing from the uk so no luck with going to shops before leaving :( Great idea about asking on roll call though :) mine is a bit quiet at the moment but it is early :)

Though sadly I don't think there is such a thing as REAL Cadburys anymore, glass and a half of milk in every bar has long gone lol.

Hopefully your roll call will pick up in the coming months. Your daughter will probably have more sweets than she can eat [emoji16]

Definitely purchase at the airport or store before boarding. There might be some candy on board, but very expensive and not a great selection.

THIS. The selections on board will be limited and EXPENSIVE. Even buying some at an airport gift shop will save you major dollars AND your selection will be greater.

If you were going on the Oasis class ships, they have a candy shop...but the Navigator has nothing of the sort.

at a stupidly ridiculous markup and the candy bars will almost certainly be stale. just by them at the airport Newspaper shops( also a mark up but not as bad as on the ship) or if you are coming in a day early, get a taxi and head to a drug store(chemist) like Walgreens or CVS candy there is plentiful and not heavily overpriced.

or, better yet, go on your room call and arrange a trade. I would love to trade some American candy for REAL Cadbury's or a Jammy Dodger.

I recommend Reeces Pieces and peanut butter cups. I also have an Aussie friend who begs me for boxes of Twinkies every so often.

Awesome idea! I think I'll see about a candy trade on my roll call. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure on your ship...but on Harmony this week they have various candy bars, sour patch kids, Haribo gummy bears and a few other things...

Haribo and most chocolate brands are from Europe.

I’ll trade you Milk Duds and Sour Patch Kids for a case of Lion Bars...[emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have any sense you won’t let your child anywhere near any American candy! Pure sugar and incredibly unhealthy. Plus, it’s all fairly vile stuff anyway

Sorry, no offence meant. I’m also British, but as we have family in the US who are one the largest candy/sweet manufacturers I do know what I’m talking about.