Back again: $100 off $500 using AMEX

DisneyDatknee

I got the offer on my personal Amex platinum, in case anyone with that card was wondering. I’ve mostly seen blue mentioned here. Not on my Amex delta platinum though. I’ve previously been able to add it to the delta card but the link that has worked in the past doesn’t seem to this time.

Try this link. It now works to add the offer to cards that did not have the offer previously (like Delta and Hilton).

www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

Try this link. It now works to add the offer to cards that did not have the offer previously (like Delta and Hilton).

Thank you. I was able to add the offer to my card using that link. Here's my question. If I click "redeem now" that takes me to the new booking page for WLCL.

For those of you who successfully used the offer, once it's simply been added to your list, do you just go to Carnival on your own and pay $500 using your card? Or have you needed to follow a particular link for the credit to show up?

Linked worked great adding it on our one amex blue card.

On the other hand I spent about an hour on the phone and talked to probalby a dozen different people at amex and usaa trying to get it added to my USAA Amex.

Anybody had any luck with a usaa amex?

Thank you. I was able to add the offer to my card using that link. Here's my question. If I click "redeem now" that takes me to the new booking page for WLCL.

For those of you who successfully used the offer, once it's simply been added to your list, do you just go to Carnival on your own and pay $500 using your card? Or have you needed to follow a particular link for the credit to show up?

I added it to my card and went to Carnival and made a payment and it worked fine...

I did log in and out of my AMEX account a few times just to make sure the offer stuck - and it did!

Got the email right away that I redeemed my offer, after making the payment

On the other hand I spent about an hour on the phone and talked to probalby a dozen different people at amex and usaa trying to get it added to my USAA Amex.

No but I added it to my 3 Delta Skymiles Platinums and my 2 Hilton Honors. Trick is they all have to have different log ins.

Now my only dilemma is trying to justify booking $2500 worth of cruises! [emoji39]

You did not need the link for your Blue card, it would have shown up under AMEX Offers when you normally logged into your account.

As for USAA, I'm going to assume that you manage the account by logging into a USAA website and not AMEX. In that case, it won't work. AMEX Offers only work with American Express managed cards.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

I assume that the offer was targeted for the "straight" AMEX cards as opposed to AMEX branded loyalty cards (like Delta) that would provide specific benefits for other services like air miles or hotel nights:confused:.
Yes, but the link I posted a few posts ago will add it to the branded travel cards.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

How exactly did you add this to your card? I just have a big Redeem Now (which takes me to a booking page) button after clicking the link and logging into my AMEX account. I'm trying to add this to my Delta AMEX.

Just got our refund posted. Paid final payment on one already booked. Split it up between 2 cards and got 2 refunds. Thank you AMX for $200 off of our cruise!

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I need to add gratuities onto my reservation because I've been paying down my balance with gift cards for months now, and the balance is just below $500. Then I can use AMEX to pay it off.

No but I added it to my 3 Delta Skymiles Platinums and my 2 Hilton Honors. Trick is they all have to have different log ins.

Now my only dilemma is trying to justify booking $2500 worth of cruises! [emoji39]

Maybe that was my issue? They are both linked to the same log in page. Dang it!

I’m guessing this wouldn’t work if you booked through Costco? Or could you make a payment directly to Carnival and have that count?

I don't know how Costco works but I book thru a travel agent and she pays with my amex card so I get all those delightful rewards points ... or special offers like this one.:)

Try buying a $500 Gift Card directly from Carnival, then using the Gift Card to Pay Costco.

Has anyone confirmed that when buying the gift card directly from Carnival using the Amex, the offer works ?

One way to save the $100.00 without a cruise already scheduled.

Has anyone confirmed that when buying the gift card directly from Carnival using the Amex, the offer works ?

One way to save the $100.00 without a cruise already scheduled.

The offer says it has to be coded as a reservation. I know a payment on an existing trip works, but I doubt gift card would.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe that was my issue? They are both linked to the same log in page. Dang it!

All of mine were on the same log-in also. I deleted online access to each of them and then started over and re-registered each with a separate log-in. Then I added the offer to each. Worked like a charm.