Back again: $100 off $500 using AMEX

DisneyDatknee

Had it on both of my cards this morning but as soon as I put it on one card it disappeared from the other. This happened last time as well. I guess they don't want you using more than one.

You need to open a new tab or browser for each of your cards using the same username and login. Then select the offer for each card. Do this before selecting an offer if you have it on multiple cards.

Had it on both of my cards this morning but as soon as I put it on one card it disappeared from the other. This happened last time as well. I guess they don't want you using more than one.

Besides what4_THE_HALIBUT said,the other option is to remove that card from your AMEX login and create a new one with just the second card. Then you will be able to add it to the second card for this offer and future ones. The separate window tip would not fix it for this time.

If you use anything like Quicken to download transactions, note you will need to add the second login to keep getting transactions.

Only actual reservations will work. Cheers shows up as a Fun Shop purchase and is excluded.

Last time, someone said that they pre-paid their gratuities and it qualified for the offer. Apparently buying OBC shows up as Fun Shop (which is not how it works on HAL, where buying OBC works for the offer).

Last time, someone said that they pre-paid their gratuities and it qualified for the offer. Apparently buying OBC shows up as Fun Shop (which is not how it works on HAL, where buying OBC works for the offer).

Yes gratuities would qualify as they are part of a reservation. Cruise Cash is a Fun shop purchase like Cheers and BB and is not eligible.

I have officially used 2 of my cards for the offer on a pre-existing cruise balance. Got 2 separate emails showing that an eligible card was used for a valid offer. Offer is gone from those 2 cards ... still shows on the others. Should see the credits w/in a few days to a week. :cool:

I've called AMEX twice trying to get this offer added to my Hilton Honors card and there seems to be so much confusion on their part. However, they are telling me they can't add it to my account unless I got a specific email or it shows up in my offers. Has anyone else had the same issue with AMEX? Maybe I'm explaining this to them incorrectly but I'd love to save $100!

I've called AMEX twice trying to get this offer added to my Hilton Honors card and there seems to be so much confusion on their part. However, they are telling me they can't add it to my account unless I got a specific email or it shows up in my offers. Has anyone else had the same issue with AMEX? Maybe I'm explaining this to them incorrectly but I'd love to save $100!

AMEX customer service has been unwilling/unable to manually add offers to cards for a while now. It used to be really easy.

AMEX customer service has been unwilling/unable to manually add offers to cards for a while now. It used to be really easy.

Darn...oh well, I'll just keep going the Allstate and AARP route since I only have $550 left to pay off my cruise. I'd love the $100 savings but at least I'll get a $50 savings. I still have about 6 weeks before final payment is due so I'll check this to see if any additional info pops up on adding the offer. Thanks for the response, I greatly appreciate it.

Do you know if it showed up between Monday and now? Curious if they're still adding the offers or everyone who's getting the offer has the offer (I don't....)

It was not there previously for me, but now it is. I think it showed up yesterday (Wednesday).

I got the offer on my personal Amex platinum, in case anyone with that card was wondering. I’ve mostly seen blue mentioned here. Not on my Amex delta platinum though. I’ve previously been able to add it to the delta card but the link that has worked in the past doesn’t seem to this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made a payment, received the email:

122812_AMEX_service_spacer1.gif We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

Just was wondering.....has anyone ever been denied after the email because it didn't meet all the offer terms?

122812_AMEX_service_spacer1.gif

I got the offer on my personal Amex platinum, in case anyone with that card was wondering. I’ve mostly seen blue mentioned here. Not on my Amex delta platinum though. I’ve previously been able to add it to the delta card but the link that has worked in the past doesn’t seem to this time.

Same here. Also added it to all of our Blue cards.

Iasnev ~ No. I've already received the rebate on 2 cards I've used it on in the last few days.

I've never used this offer before, but I checked and do have the offer on my blue card. The terms and conditions seem to imply that it's good for new bookings. Has anyone successfully gotten the $100 back when paying off the balance on an existing reservation (assuming there is at least a $500 balance)?
Just got our refund posted. Paid final payment on one already booked. Split it up between 2 cards and got 2 refunds. Thank you AMX for $200 off of our cruise!

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Just got our refund posted. Paid final payment on one already booked. Split it up between 2 cards and got 2 refunds. Thank you AMX for $200 off of our cruise!

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

How many days did it take for the refund to post? I made a payment a couple of days ago, got the email, but no credit on my account. Thanks

I just logged in and the offer is there for me. 100.00 off of 500. I actually signed up for automatic payments for my cruise in August so in two weeks my account should be charged a payment , I used the 3 installment payments for aug. I will load it on my husbands card too as we have two more cruises to pay off. That August cruise will be at least another 1000.

Sent from my iPad using Forums