Back again: $100 off $500 using AMEX

DisneyDatknee

OK so I did go through and pay $500 down on my upcoming cruise. I'll let you all know if i get the email! If it doesn't work, I have to pay it anyway.

Was the offer available on your card? The offer needs to be on your page and activated by you to claim the reward.

Was the offer available on your card? The offer needs to be on your page and activated by you to claim the reward.

No, I clicked through that. It worked last time that way, don't think it will this time. Figured I have to pay something sometime, so gave it a try. Last time it took a few days to get email about it. I'll keep checking the account and let you all know.

OK so I did go through and pay $500 down on my upcoming cruise. I'll let you all know if i get the email! If it doesn't work, I have to pay it anyway.

Amy, I just spent a SUBSTANTIAL amount of time in an online chat with Amex, with the travel dept of Amex, and with Carnival. Amex finally said that you have to call Carnival to activate the offer (by booking a cruise??). The Carnival agent said once you have made an eligible $500 charge, call Amex and tell them you have made an eligible charge and ask them to apply offer ID POID: GACY:0001. (I think POID stands for P-something Offer ID). Since you have already put a downpayment on a new cruise, will you try this and see if it works for you ? Amex 888-258-3741 is the number I usually call.

In the past, it hasn't even been necessary for it to be a new cruise, as long as it was a $500 payment that was made within the offer period.

"Most of" the time all Amex offers have to be added to the card before the purchase is made and then the same card used to make the purchase. It even says that in the fine print of this offer "Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem.". It will be interesting to see if this one works differently.

Edited by angela12345

Amy, I just spent a SUBSTANTIAL amount of time in an online chat with Amex, with the travel dept of Amex, and with Carnival. Amex finally said that you have to call Carnival to activate the offer (by booking a cruise??). The Carnival agent said once you have made an eligible $500 charge, call Amex and tell them you have made an eligible charge and ask them to apply offer ID POID: GACY:0001. (I think POID stands for P-something Offer ID). Since you have already put a downpayment on a new cruise, will you try this and see if it works for you ? Amex 888-258-3741 is the number I usually call.

In the past, it hasn't even been necessary for it to be a new cruise, as long as it was a $500 payment that was made within the offer period.

"Most of" the time all Amex offers have to be added to the card before the purchase is made and then the same card used to make the purchase. It even says that in the fine print of this offer "Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem.". It will be interesting to see if this one works differently.

But how in the world would you know if you were using an eligible card? This seems to imply that any Amex will work for the offer. This is messed up.

But how in the world would you know if you were using an eligible card? This seems to imply that any Amex will work for the offer. This is messed up.

Agreed ! I'm not sure any of the agents were giving accurate info. Hopefully Amy will be able to verify for us.

(snip) An email would be your first clue that you had an eligible card.

I checked our emails and can't find that we have ever received an offer by email. All of our offers are at the bottom of the Amex page online. Have any of you ?

Reposted again. Bookings February 1, 2018 - May 31, 2018. Same terms and conditions $100 off $500 booking on the Carnival Family. AMEX only and usually applies to non-delta cards. Delta cards just take a while or you have to go through hoops.

Hasn't popped up on my account because I have a Delta card. :mad:

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

I called Carnival and when we both looked at this, it gives the valid dates of: July 5, 2917 through Dec 31, 2017 so wouldn't be valid.

I called Carnival and when we both looked at this, it gives the valid dates of: July 5, 2917 through Dec 31, 2017 so wouldn't be valid.

The dates have changed. That was for the last promo at the end of the year. It did originally say 2/1/18 to 3/31/18.

We did not receive the offer in our Amex offers on our account so I called and they could not find it either??? We have received all of these offers in the past (on my card and DH card) and have taken advantage of the statement credit offered on a CCL payment. Not sure this is legit though, any one find it yet? :(

I don’t have it on any of my cards and I just used it on 3 to save $300 on the day before the last offer expired. Didn’t have to jump through any hoops just add the offer to my cards make the payment on Carnival website and immediately get email from American Express that I received the statement credit. I don’t think this offer is credible.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of this. I was hoping they would bring the offer back. However, I have gotten conflicting stories both w/ the online chat and through phone customer service. They are not seeing the offer in either. I don't have it on ANY of our AMEX cards, including 1 card that was never used for the last 2 offers last year. According to AmEx ... it "could" show up at some point during the offer period, but they don't know.

Online chat advised me to call as the phone service reps have more access, but that didn't yield anything more.

I'll be watching this to see IF it works. I'm curious ... and of course ... would like to use it again!

I swear when I posted that the dates were 2018. They must have changed it. I do apologize, but I'm sure others can back me up when the link said Feb. Sigh.
Disney, they 100% did change the dates on the link you provided. Yesterday they were still showing the dates of 2-2-18 through 6-2-18. Now the website is showing the dates 7-5-17 through 12-31-17.

Couldn't post this from my phone last night ... but after a LONG & LENGTHY conversation w/ AmEX on my way home last night ... this is NOT a valid offer. I s/w both AmEx customer service AND the technical department and they were not aware of this offer being returned past 12/31/17. If fact, the tech supervisor mentioned that they have been receiving multiple calls asking about the information and were aware of this "posted html" page, but believed it to be pfishing note of some sort.

When I forwarded them by email the html link the rep pulled it up as past 2017 dates. However, I printed the screenshot before I left and saved that as a .jpg ... and sent that as well. I know it DID say 2018 when I looked last night.

Oh well ... was hoping they would really bring this back. I used the hell out of it last year and would so do it again! Such is life.