Back again: $100 off $500 using AMEX

DisneyDatknee

I found this offer on my Amex and made a payment. When and how did you get the notification that the offer had been met and you would be receiving the credit?

If the charge qualified, you should get an almost immediate email from Amex stating you've used your offer. The actual credit to your card account should show up within 3-4 days (sometimes sooner). From the tone of your question I have to ask: did you actually add the offer to your card before you made payment to Carnival?

If the charge qualified, you should get an almost immediate email from Amex stating you've used your offer. The actual credit to your card account should show up within 3-4 days (sometimes sooner). From the tone of your question I have to ask: did you actually add the offer to your card before you made payment to Carnival?

Sorry for my tone. I swear I'm much smarter than I sound on the internet. :') I did add it to the card and I have since gotten the email. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I read through the whole thread. So, there's no way to up the balance due aside from including grats? I want to use the offer to pay off our upcoming Fantasy cruise but we're at around $450 left and the grats are already included.

I read through the whole thread. So, there's no way to up the balance due aside from including grats? I want to use the offer to pay off our upcoming Fantasy cruise but we're at around $450 left and the grats are already included.

Not sure, but I believe you can buy OBC.

Not unless you upgrade your cabin to add at least $50 to your cabin rate. Or keep checking for a price adjustment that actually raises your cabin rate but includes OBC that will cancel the rise out.

Sorry for my tone. I swear I'm much smarter than I sound on the internet. :') I did add it to the card and I have since gotten the email. Thank you!

You're welcome and no need to be sorry. By "tone" I meant that you did not specifically mention that you had added the offer to your card, only that you found it and made a payment. Sometimes I'm a bit too literal so maybe I need to apologize for misunderstanding. :(