Carnival email says come to port 1 hour late - should I?

nlktx49

Leaving Sunday 2/4 on the Breeze from Galveston. Had email from Carnival yesterday saying due to the previous cruise disembarking late, all passengers for this cruise should add an hour to their scheduled arrival time. Have others received an email like this, for any port?

Leaving Sunday 2/4 on the Breeze from Galveston. Had email from Carnival yesterday saying due to the previous cruise disembarking late, all passengers for this cruise should add an hour to their scheduled arrival time. Have others received an email like this, for any port?

How do they know it disembarked late when that doesn’t happen until 3 days from now?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am going to bet the Breeze is doing the Belize, Honduras, Cozumel run this week. It always take longer to debark after that cruise.

Another delay could be an routine immigration check. Carnival really tries to keep people happy. If they say come late you probably should delay. Otherwise you are going to get there and sit and wait forever.

Now you just need to hope Galveston doesn't have fog like today. Yikes it was bad other there. Poor Valor was just showing her tail.

I am going to bet the Breeze is doing the Belize, Honduras, Cozumel run this week. It always take longer to debark after that cruise.

Another delay could be an routine immigration check. Carnival really tries to keep people happy. If they say come late you probably should delay. Otherwise you are going to get there and sit and wait forever.

Now you just need to hope Galveston doesn't have fog like today. Yikes it was bad other there. Poor Valor was just showing her tail.

That’s the route I didn’t debark until 11am on Freedom last year due to some immigration delay. Didn’t realize it was common.

Come during the new time. We were suppose to check in at 12 but had a delay due to fog this past Saturday. We arrived at 1 as requested and went through the on time line which took less than 20 mins. Others reported that when they had to go through the early/late line which took closer to an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last Sept on Breeze we got the same email. We got to the port about 30 mins later than planned, only to find that the Carnival port staff were not controlling who was going into the terminal at all. We had a 10:30 checkin and ALL kinds of people who had noon or later checkin times were ahead of us in the line. We kept waiting for someone to tell them that they had to wait, but no one ever did. A family with a 1 PM checkin time were ahead of us, got their zone boarding card and were onboard before noon!

I've heard that Galveston is one of the better ports for adhering to the checkin time, except when these kinds of delays happen- then the checkin time goes out the window!

So as others have said, go at the same time you normally would, and bring your patience, or go an hour later, and be prepared to be behind a bunch of others who don't follow the rules.

Just know that an hour earlier, or an hour later, you're about to be enjoying a great ship, and chowing down on a Guy's burger and having a wonderful cruise! We loved the Breeze!

I am going to be there early and ignore any message they send. Yes, that means I might sit in the terminal for 3 hours, but if I arrive and realize that I could have been on the boat 30 minutes earlier, that really bothers me. I know I should learn to relax and be able to walk onto the ship at 2pm and be happy, but that's just not me and if they opened the terminal at 6am, I would be there at 6am knowing full well that they board at 1pm. No use in telling me I should not be that way, I do not think I can change it. I have only boarded once by zone and I do not think I can go back. FTTF or suite for me from now on.