Thoughts, Suggestions About Afternoon Savories?

Luvcrusn

We found them to be bizarre on the Summit in January and told our butler to stop bringing them.

Linda, We too thought they were not good when we cruised in December on Eclipse. Never told our butler to stop bringing them because I thought one day they might be good.

Pat

Now, now play nice.....and remember: it's only a game!!! (Go Eagles) Back to the original dilemma....what to do about the noxious canapes.....I admit on our first cruise we were on the Infinity in concierge class...when the "savories" arrived we looked at them, tasted one and then put them on the balcony for the birds....something I found out later is frowned upon....on our last cruise we asked the room steward for a cheese plate instead..it was equally disgusting so I asked for a fruit plate and he said it would the same as the one served in the MDR....it was and it was very good....so tell him/her what you want and they will try to make you happy because they want you to be happy so you tip them! :)

It's easy enough to simply request they not bring the afternoon savories if you don't care for them. We've actually never even received them on M Class even though we were in a Concierge cabin. On the Silhouette this past December, I didn't care for it anyway as it usually was sushi or seafood. I consider sushi revolting, so it just went back out in the hall the same way it was delivered. Problem solved.

It's easy enough to simply request they not bring the afternoon savories if you don't care for them. We've actually never even received them on M Class even though we were in a Concierge cabin. On the Silhouette this past December, I didn't care for it anyway as it usually was sushi or seafood. I consider sushi revolting, so it just went back out in the hall the same way it was delivered. Problem solved.

I'm certainly aware that guests can request they not be delivered, can request something in their stead, or get something else themselves from room service or elsewhere on the ship. I was just curious whether others found them as pointless and or humorous as we do. I was also curious as to whether anyone found them something that was a special benefit the way X seems to feature them. It always seemed strange to us that X offers them as something special, to concierge class and above, yet it seems they are never anything anyone I've talked with seems to look at as special in any way. Instead, most send them back uneaten, request they not be delivered at all or request something else.

I like the idea of the savories (especially on sea days, port days I am probably off doing something so it's wasted.) Last month on Equinox we had the same total confusion (in AQ) about how to actually eat some of the items. The few that were salad type items I ended up scraping onto one butterknife with the other butterknife and eating them that way. Not very "Modern Luxury".

In my experience, these "treats" are almost always made up of random ingredients that were used to make meals in the MDR or buffet the previous day. Sometimes they are creatively repurposed into something decent, but more frequently they are just a bad mishmash. We stopped having them delivered several cruises ago - if we want a snack in the afternoon, we just go to the buffet or Cafe al Bacio for something fresh that we actually want to eat.

Concierge canapes on Connie in December were apparently a new version. We asked for chocolate covered strawberries instead which we got until the ship ran low on strawberries! After that we just got chocolates sans strawberry's. Trouble was the new canapes also got delivered and left untouched to be binned later.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Jus got off Eclipse and to be honest they were bloody awful

We asked for the, not to be delivered after the first few days but they still were

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the same on the RF. .;p

I don't understand this way of serving.

Gitte.

I'm not sure but I think that all of our Celebrity Cruises have been in Concierge cabins and way back, these items had a bit of merit to them, then we just asked for some cheese and crackers but, for the last 5 or so cruises, we have just added an item to the list we have for our room steward when we first board..... like ice in the afternoon and evening, make the A/C as cold as possible and please, do NOT bother bringing these snacks to our room. If we really feel the need for something, we just pop up to the buffet and find some cheese and fruit and of course stop for an adult beverage or two to be enjoyed on the veranda.

One less thing for the steward to do and clean up. Just seems like a waste to leave it for us.

And by the way, glad to see the Eagles went in to the locker room with the lead at half time.